ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Nebraska Bubba Starling watch (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=245552)

Titty Meat 05-28-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 7667274)
But theY missed some prospect a bunch of other teams missed too. They are awful and cheap and suck forever / cp royals fan

If you're my age they have sucked forever.

LiveSteam 05-28-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 7667419)
If you're my age they have sucked forever.

I think Omaha news is about to announce Cody Greens departure from Lincoln.
Yup hes gone.
4 & 0 as a Husker Q/B

GoHuge 05-28-2011 07:17 PM

There is no way he goes to NU. Last time I checked he wasn't even in the Rivals Top 100 in football. Would be utterly reeruned not to take top 10 baseball money.

Titty Meat 06-03-2011 12:37 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?id=6609946

Long read about Bubba but a great story.

Titty Meat 06-03-2011 12:39 PM

"If you're going to have regrets or look back, especially as good as I've heard he is, I'd say go play football. Baseball can still work out down the road. Baseball's not going to be over just because you go to college."
Alex Gordon
Kansas City Royals outfielder, former All-America third baseman at Nebraska and No. 2 pick in 2005 baseball draft

Translation "I've been a bust"

BWillie 06-03-2011 01:07 PM

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/03/30...-decision.html

That’s the disconnect, Deb says: The same young man that others see as a phenom, a budding sports hero, Deb sees as only a kid, oblivious to the world and life’s next great bend. She calls him naïve.

She types letters onto a certificate template, then stops.

“I don’t know,” she says. “I just think college would be really good for him.”

So the kids mom thinks he should go to college. Soooo get 5 milsky plus salary or take your chances to play football at Nebraska and get career ended. So f****** stupid. You can always go back to college, especially if you have 5 million dollars in your pocket. If you don't encourage your kid to go pro and start his career right away, you are an idiot. You go to college to gain skills or trades you need to make money. If you don't have to go to college to make money, you don't do it. I'd be looking at Hummer's right now if I was Bubba. Don't go to college buddy.

DeezNutz 06-03-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 7676815)

That’s the disconnect, Deb says: The same young man that others see as a phenom, a budding sports hero, Deb sees as only a kid, oblivious to the world and life’s next great bend. She calls him naïve.

So the kids mom thinks he should go to college. Soooo get 5 milsky plus salary or take your chances to play football at Nebraska and get career ended. So f****** stupid. You can always go back to college, especially if you have 5 million dollars in your pocket. If you don't encourage your kid to go pro and start his career right away, you are an idiot. You go to college to gain skills or trades you need to make money. If you don't have to go to college to make money, you don't do it. I'd be looking at Hummer's right now if I was Bubba. Don't go to college buddy.

This is all negotiating bullshit right now. He's going to get drafted, get a huge signing bonus, and sign a deal that guarantees that his schooling is paid for, should he ever return.

The only thing stupid would be buying a Hummer. So many better vehicles that one could own.

DJ's left nut 06-03-2011 01:11 PM

I've heard a couple of guys say that this kid shows as much potential as a prospect as anyone since Josh Hamilton.

He doesn't have Harper's power and he doesn't appear to have Trout's speed, but by all accounts, he has 30/30 potential and doesn't have a weakness to his game.

Starling would be a fool to play football, IMO.

phisherman 06-03-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 7676815)

not everything is about money. if this kid comes from a well off or comfortable family, he may truly just want to be a college kid before he has to start playing sports as his JOB. just my $.02. fwiw, i'd take the baseball money and run.

Saul Good 06-03-2011 03:49 PM

Boras is telling his parents to talk about college as much as possible. Its like a car salesman saying that he has another buyer on the way.

Titty Meat 06-03-2011 04:21 PM

Lol who would pass up 7 million to sit on the bench for atleast a year?

duncan_idaho 06-03-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7677108)
Boras is telling his parents to talk about college as much as possible. Its like a car salesman saying that he has another buyer on the way.

We have a winner. All we're going to hear about leading up to the draft is how much Bubba loves football and wants to be a Husker.

Then, when $7 million goes on the table, he won't look twice.

kstater 06-03-2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 7677142)
Lol who would pass up 7 million to sit on the bench for atleast a year?

The N is for nowledge.

Stewie 06-03-2011 04:46 PM

Bubba can go to Nebraska or be drafted by an MLB team. The Royals should stay miles away from him. There are much better options. From all I've read this is a very deep draft.

KevB 06-03-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 7677166)
Bubba can go to Nebraska or be drafted by an MLB team. The Royals should stay miles away from him. There are much better options. From all I've read this is a very deep draft.

Kevin Goldstein says he's hearing next to no buzz about Bubba to the Royals. He believes it will be an arm, and likely a college arm for what it's worth.