ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life The Flopnuts Fatties Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262790)

Buck 08-24-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8847579)
The original low carb diet was based on the premise of Ketosis.

The only difference now is that instead of being a radical idea people thought might be risky (high meat diet = cholesterol and heart disease) there's a decade of science behind it and it has a cool new name based on the same 10 year old science...

Yeah, I guess I completely agree with you and was misreading what you were saying earlier.

Bump 08-24-2012 11:33 AM

IMO low carb diets are stupid. Carbs are energy, you need energy. Who wants to lose weight by feeling tired and shitty all of the time? A workout routine and proper eating is fine. Hell you can still eat some crap if you workout, I don't get it.

loochy 08-24-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8847579)
The original low carb diet was based on the premise of Ketosis.

The only difference now is that instead of being a radical idea people thought might be risky (high meat diet = cholesterol and heart disease) there's a decade of science behind it and it has a cool new name based on the same 10 year old science...

That's not a cool new name. People were calling it keto 10 years ago back when I was into bodybuilding

Saulbadguy 08-24-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8847508)
Eat to live, don't live to eat.

DO BOTH, BRO

loochy 08-24-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8847586)
IMO low carb diets are stupid. Carbs are energy, you need energy. Who wants to lose weight by feeling tired and shitty all of the time? A workout routine and proper eating is fine. Hell you can still eat some crap if you workout, I don't get it.

It's easier for losing bodyfat because it forces stored fat to be used for energy

Saulbadguy 08-24-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 8847574)
A question for you people who have lost a significant amount of weight: Did you have some kind of destruction ceremony of your "fat" clothes, or did you keep them stored away "just in case"?

No ceremony. Just pitched em.

Buck 08-24-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

You don't say?

Saulbadguy 08-24-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8847556)

You and I have about the same body size/composition I think. I believe you are quite a bit taller, though.

Buck 08-24-2012 11:36 AM

I haven't done anything with my fat clothes yet, but I'm donating all of them pretty soon.

The main reason I havent done anything is because I dont have enough new clothes yet and sometimes I have to wear some really baggy clothes.

LVNHACK 08-24-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8847360)
FFS.....I spent the money and bought Insanity. I did two workouts.....and then got busy.

lol...Dude, I'm 51 both my boss and I are doing Insanity....I mention my age because I don't kill it when I do Insanity....both my boss and I are dropping 1/2 lbs a week on Insanity.

As far as dieting goes....eat very well 6 days a week....On day 7 cheat...it'll become a life style.

In '07 I was 240 with a 42" waist, this morning I was 178 with a 36" waist. When I started Insanity 6 weeks ago 190 with a 38" waist.

Saulbadguy 08-24-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8847595)
I haven't done anything with my fat clothes yet, but I'm donating all of them pretty soon.

The main reason I havent done anything is because I dont have enough new clothes yet and sometimes I have to wear some really baggy clothes.

Biggest pain in the ass is a wardrobe full of clothes that are too tight (WHICH SHOW OFF TOO MANY FAT ROLLS) or too baggy.

I don't have much clothing that fits "just right" and i'm too cheap to go buy more if they will just end up being too baggy in a few months anyways.

Rausch 08-24-2012 11:41 AM

So this diet took a fat Latino man and turned him into an angry middle eastern suicide bomber?

**** that diet...

loochy 08-24-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8847607)
So this diet took a fat Latino man and turned him into an angry middle eastern suicide bomber?

**** that diet...

LOL

luv 08-24-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Don't get started.

luv 08-24-2012 11:49 AM

If anyone wants to talk about healthy eating, portion control, and exercise, I'm all ears. :)

Otherwise, I'll just click to check the status of everyone's keto from time to time.