ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Early Inactives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=4980)

Yosef_Malkovitch 11-04-2000 10:20 PM

According to nfltalk.com it appears that the early inactives for KC are:

Eric Hicks
Dante Hall
Mikhael Ricks
Carlton Gray

I didn't see the Raiders inactives listed yet, so it appears that there are probably some concerns about Wheatly and Ritchie. Or else Al Davis is just having some more fun with the Chiefs.

Probably the latter more than the former.

mmaddog

ColoradoChief 11-04-2000 10:23 PM

Raiders | Injury Update- posted at KFFL (www.kffl.com)
16:15 ET: The Contra Costa Times reports FB Jon Ritchie (calf) missed practice on Friday but still thinks he'll be able to play this weekend. The Raiders could be without both Ritchie and Tyrone Wheatley (high ankle sprain) this weekend as both have been limited in work all week long. If they're unable to play, they'd be replaced by Zach Crockett and Napoleon Kaufman respectively. Wheatley, according to the San Jose Mercury News, was able to practice lighty on Friday.

Raiders | Inactives- posted at KFFL (www.kffl.com)
16:07 ET: The Contra Costa Times reports the Oakland Raiders have declared OL Matt Stinchcomb, DL Lance Johnstone, S Brandon Jennings and DT Austin Robbins inactive for this weekend's game.

ColoradoChief 11-04-2000 10:25 PM

Not always the most accurate source, but they also said that Dan Williams practiced on Friday and that Grunhard practiced a little but is expected to be a game time inactive.

Yosef_Malkovitch 11-04-2000 10:40 PM

morph:

I wouldn't put it past old Mr. Leisure Suit himself to have handed down instructions not to name the last of the inactives till the last moment.

To be honest, I would like to have us beat them at full strength.

mmaddog

ColoradoChief 11-04-2000 10:47 PM

Kilgore - In my dream world we smash them, then the donx beat them. The crawl into the playoff's having lost the division and get knocked out badly in the first round. Which in turn breaks their spirit and everyone realizes how noodle arm is never going to take them to the final goal and he has to leave the league or play backup somewhere else. It would be too funny for the antigannonite to see it happen.

Morphius
Realizes that is one heck of a whopper dream.

Chief Henry 11-04-2000 10:58 PM

Who the heck is Carlton Gray???? Does he play for the Chiefs??? *BIG grin*

ColoradoChief 11-04-2000 11:02 PM

TX - I can honestly say that Gray has never played for the Chiefs. I think he is part of the practice squad that is used to give QB's and WR's the ability to play catch and build confidence. I find that he did has done a great job of imitating the Rams secondary.

[This message has been edited by morphius (edited 11-04-2000).]

AustinChief 11-05-2000 08:16 AM

Which means that The Cat will be dressed and ready for action.

Bob Dole is ready to see the DA, Gonzo, Cat crew tear up that Raider secondary.

PoliceChief 11-05-2000 09:31 AM

Mark=

If you need to know the early inactives for all of Sunday's action, check out our web site. We have report up every Friday night no later than 10pm CST time (most of the time it is up sooner), that details about 85% of the inactives for all of Sunday's action.

=Marty

PoliceChief 11-05-2000 09:31 AM

Mark=

If you need to know the early inactives for all of Sunday's action, check out our web site. We have report up every Friday night no later than 10pm CST time (most of the time it is up sooner), that details about 85% of the inactives for all of Sunday's action.

=Marty

PoliceChief 11-05-2000 09:32 AM

I do not know why that my response posted twice. Anyone know why that happens sometimes?

ColoradoChief 11-05-2000 10:24 AM

Marty - It happens when you use the back button, and don't skip through the page that says something along the lines of "Marty your post is being made and blah blah blah and we are now recreating the web page". It is pretty common error. The easiest way not to do it is use the link at the top to go back or to make sure to go back faster.

ChiefsAlltheWay 11-05-2000 11:41 AM

That list of inactives is no big deal for the Chiefs except Hicks. Hall is average, never seen Gray and Ricks was a mistake to sign anyway. I doubt if we ever, EVER see Gray or Ricks....No big loss

ColoradoChief 11-05-2000 11:49 AM

KCF - In Ricks defense our offense is not easy to learn. The WR is expected to take a diff route depending on the D that is being run against him. If he makes a mistake and cuts the wrong way it leads to a INT. It is not an easy system that someone can just walk into and play.

LD for KC 11-05-2000 11:53 AM

Ricks has potential. The Charger staff was never able to get him to realize that potential. Can the Chiefs staff get it out of him. Other than Raye, I think the Chiefs offensive coaches are better, so I hold out hope that he will become the player that people think he can be.

------------------

Red Eyes
A message to The Three Stooges from Judge Smaels.
"Well, the world needs ditch diggers, too"