ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Should I confront my fiance over text messages I found? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267988)

CaliforniaChief 12-24-2012 01:06 AM

I don't think you can just pretend you never read that and act like all's well.

Doing that will put everything else she says/does in question.

Do approach it cautiously, even with an apology for looking at her texts but just letting her know how hurt you feel. If you come off accusatory in any way, she'll get defensive and focus on you reading her texts. If you share how hurt you are in an "I feel" kind of way, you'll probably fare much better.

Just don't make any references to Jovan Belcher during the conversation.

TimeForWasp 12-24-2012 01:06 AM

Repeat some of the comments made in the text during the family get together. That could be fun.

Sorter 12-24-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touchdown Kansas City !!! (Post 9237889)
Repeat some of the comments made in the text during the family get together. That could be fun.

oooooo,, this!!!

KurtCobain 12-24-2012 01:09 AM

I am very poor in relationships. what I would do is not say anything and sit on it. and then I would probably bring up in the next fight at a very inappropriate time.

Frazod 12-24-2012 01:09 AM

You seem blindsided by this, so she's obviously very good at putting up a false front. Which means she's a skilled liar. If she's lying about this, what else is she lying about?

One word of advice, though. Confront her AFTER Christmas. Don't **** up the holiday for your family. Take the high road for another couple of days.

Bowser 12-24-2012 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touchdown Kansas City !!! (Post 9237889)

Heh. "Remember that one Christmas when Jim Jones had that one girl he was engaged to, and started rambling off all those nasty texts he saw verbatim? What was her name again?"

RunKC 12-24-2012 01:10 AM

Confront her in private. It needs to be done.

What she's said about your family>Her knowing that you read her texts

Imon Yourside 12-24-2012 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9237898)
You seem blindsided by this, so she's obviously very good at putting up a false front. Which means she's a skilled liar. If she's lying about this, what else is she lying about?

One word of advice, though. Confront her AFTER Christmas. Don't **** up the holiday for your family. Take the high road for another couple of days.

Yup, that would scare the shit outta me.

Bowser 12-24-2012 01:12 AM

Quote:

I'll second this, especially the 'what else is she saying that you have no idea about' part.

Your fiancee' has trust issues if she can't talk to you about stuff like this. Might be a blessing that you found all of this out before you married her, maybe.

KurtCobain 12-24-2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

dick move putting that in his head

Jim Jones 12-24-2012 01:14 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9237888)
I don't think you can just pretend you never read that and act like all's well.

Doing that will put everything else she says/does in question.

Do approach it cautiously, even with an apology for looking at her texts but just letting her know how hurt you feel. If you come off accusatory in any way, she'll get defensive and focus on you reading her texts. If you share how hurt you are in an "I feel" kind of way, you'll probably fare much better.

Just don't make any references to Jovan Belcher during the conversation.

Good shit guys. Appreciate the thoughts. I've decided I'm definitely going to confront her, but wait until after Christmas. I like the stuff about not being accusatory. My natural inclination would be to become totally accusatory and start bitching her out, but that wouldn't end well.

TimeForWasp 12-24-2012 01:14 AM

ChiefsPlanet should have an Ann Landers section.

Sorter 12-24-2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Jones (Post 9237911)
Good shit guys. Appreciate the thoughts. I've decided I'm definitely going to confront her, but wait until after Christmas. I like the stuff about not being accusatory. My natural inclination would be to become totally accusatory and start bitching her out, but that wouldn't end well.

I mean, how much do you really like her?

Frazod 12-24-2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9237908)
dick move putting that in his head

Yeah, like it wasn't there already, idiot.

KurtCobain 12-24-2012 01:16 AM

let's say she goes this Christmas thing and says something that you know is complete BS because you read those messages... I would have a hard time not starting shit right there.