ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Will the Steelers repeat? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=135267)

Chiefs Pantalones 02-06-2006 01:24 PM

Will the Steelers repeat?

:hmmm:

Kylo Ren 02-06-2006 01:37 PM

How can they repeat when we all know that the KC Chiefs will be the Super Bowl champs next year?

SLAG 02-06-2006 01:37 PM

no

Bowser 02-06-2006 01:38 PM

Nope.

KingPriest2 02-06-2006 01:40 PM

NO

RedThat 02-06-2006 01:42 PM

Too be honest, I think this SB game proved to me, that, their are teams out there better than the Steelers.

They are the champions yes. I give them credit. But did they play like champions yesterday? I don't think so. They didn't play any better than Seattle to win.

A lot of things went their way this year.

And to answer your question, "No" I don't think they're gonna repeat.

Chiefs Express 02-06-2006 01:42 PM

There you have it...consensus says NO!!

This should have been a poll.

Hoover 02-06-2006 01:44 PM

I think they are a well built team, and I think they will be a playoff team for years to come, but I don't see them going all the way next season. I think they will have running back issues, while Parker is a nice speedy back, they need someone to replace Bettis.

I think the AFC Will look like this next year

East: New England
West: Kansas City
North: Pittsburg
South: Indy
WC 1: Denver
WC 2: Cinci

The only other teams I can see making a push for the Playoffs are Jacksonville and San Diago

TEX 02-06-2006 01:46 PM

I don't se them repeating and here's why. IMO, they weren't the best team in the NFL, however they did start playing the best football at the right time. One could argue that there were several teams that were better than the Steelers. It just so happens that the Steelers did in fact beat them all in the playoffs (On the road no less). But, I'd still bet against them repeating because in most cases, the teams that tend to repeat, are those that were clearly the best team in the league the year they won the Super Bowl.

Coogs 02-06-2006 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover
I think they are a well built team, and I think they will be a playoff team for years to come, but I don't see them going all the way next season. I think they will have running back issues, while Parker is a nice speedy back, they need someone to replace Bettis.

The only other teams I can see making a push for the Playoffs are Jacksonville and San Diago

West: San Diego
North: Pittsburgh
WC: Cincinnati
WC: Miami

Chiefs Express 02-06-2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover

I hope you are wrong about Denver. I'd really like them to finish 6-8. A sucky record but not bad enough to get a decent draft pick.

Bowser 02-06-2006 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Express
I hope you are wrong about Denver. I'd really like them to finish 6-8. A sucky record but not bad enough to get a decent draft pick.

Are the Broncos going to die in a fire near the end of the season?

cdcox 02-06-2006 01:53 PM

If you consider the last 2 years (remember, they went 15-1 in the regular season last year) they've been as good as anyone in the NFL. Three of their losses this year were without Roethlisberger. Their team is built on defense and running the ball in the second half: a time-tested formula for post season success. However, as Hoover mentioned, they will miss Bettis in short yardage situations and they won't be nearly as effective until that need is adressed. Also, they need to keep Ben healthy.

I think the competition in the AFC is just too steep to expect them to win it all again. Opportunity favors the prepared, so I give them all the credit in the world. I just don't think the cards will fall their way again two years in a row.

Saulbadguy 02-06-2006 01:53 PM

Just depends if they bring their own refs or not.

Eleazar 02-06-2006 01:56 PM

Roethlisdilfer is going to have to play a lot better if they are going to repeat.