ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's do the Pioli thing again. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259929)

the Talking Can 05-27-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prhom (Post 8641803)
I don't fault him too much for that. I'd rather him fire Haley then, than wait until the end of the season to do it when they had already decided he was going to be gone.

I just wish Pioli was as decisive about Cassel. It's like every other person on the team is expendable except him. It's never his fault for anything!

he hired Haley

he's responsible for it....he chose the guy who later became a dumpster fire

there's no excusing it away

Mr. Flopnuts 05-27-2012 03:30 PM

This team was one of the worst in the league when Pioli got here. I mean they were hideous. This is the year I expect them to break out. No excuses. No whining about the line, no pissing about strength of schedule, nothing. Do it, or get the **** out. I'm pretty good with that.

Titty Meat 05-27-2012 03:30 PM

Pioli has had this team finish in last place 2 out of 3 years.

End of conversation.

Okie_Apparition 05-27-2012 03:31 PM

THe Palko fiasco was densecitily mind bottling

MMXcalibur 05-27-2012 03:32 PM

Shiiiit....dat fool's still my *AFRICAN AMERICAN CHUM*.

BoneKrusher 05-27-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8641812)
This team was one of the worst in the league when Pioli got here. I mean they were hideous. This is the year I expect them to break out. No excuses. No whining about the line, no pissing about strength of schedule, nothing. Do it, or get the **** out. I'm pretty good with that.

this sounds good with me as well.

BigMeatballDave 05-27-2012 03:35 PM

I'd really rather not...

keg in kc 05-27-2012 03:36 PM

Deepest, most talented team they've had in the 13 years I've followed the team. And it's not even close.

Unfortunately they're still short at the one really important spot.

prhom 05-27-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8641811)
he hired Haley

he's responsible for it....he chose the guy who later became a dumpster fire

there's no excusing it away

I doubt Clark sees it this way. I think the only unforgivable sin as a GM is to refuse to admit to a mistake. They hired Haley for a reason and when he was no longer able to deliver on his potential he was gone. Some people here on CP hate that we hired Romeo as HC, and even more seemed to hate the idea of us bringing in Fisher. Yet when we take a chance on an unproven HC we also hate it? So what is Pioli supposed to do? Should he be fired because his first HC selection was a failure?

I don't advocate playing it safe all of the time when it comes to selecting personnel, and let's face it KC is not the first choice for anyone when it comes to attracting top guys. Pioli has to roll the dice and take the chance. I'll be tired of Pioli when he stops taking chances to make us a great team. He's on thin ice with the Cassel situation, but I don't hate him for picking Haley.

RealSNR 05-27-2012 03:49 PM

I agree with everything you said in the OP about Pioli. He deserves credit for all those things.

In general, I think he's doing a pretty okay job. It certainly could be ****ing worse.

I do think you're giving him too easy of a pass on the QB issue though. There's no other way to describe that other than cronyism. Pioli claims he's not married to Cassel. Bull ****ing shit. Not being married to a traded QB looks like Arizona with Kolb. Or what Washington did with Beck. Seattle with Tarvaris Jackson. All those guys had potential, and were given two seasons to try to make it in the NFL. All of them failed, and we will see if Kolb can right his ship. Based on what I and the Cards franchise has seen, I'll bet he doesn't. The fact that it's been 3 years and Cassel is not only still challenging for the starting spot, but he's been GIVEN the damn thing. What was it Pioli said about competition at all spots? That's a bold flat ****ing lie he told to the franchise just because he has some kind of weird Patriot mancrush on a QB who sucks. And it's embarrassing. He should get flayed alive for that instead of letting it slide as a "Well what was he supposed to do QBs don't grow on trees!"

I'm not all that angry about the Crennel hire. I'm willing to give Romeo a shot. I'll give Pioli props for firing Haley. Daboll is... meh, whatever. It's clear that no coach really wants to play for Scott except for people in his circle. If we had to pick SOMEone from within that circle to be our head coach, I guess Crennel is one of the better options. But this season means high ****ing expectations. No more 8-8s or 9-7s being counted as successful. We either start winning some playoff games, or you blow up this ****ing mess and start over again with a new GM.

Since that Babb article Pioli has the reputation of being an asshole around the league. And not the good kind, either. The bad kind. He probably had that reputation before, but now it seems to follow him wherever he goes. And that's fine if we're winning. If we're not, then he's a ****ing goat.

He's okay right now. He gets one more year from me before I become as violent about firing him as GoChiefs gets.

the Talking Can 05-27-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prhom (Post 8641843)
I doubt Clark sees it this way. I think the only unforgivable sin as a GM is to refuse to admit to a mistake. They hired Haley for a reason and when he was no longer able to deliver on his potential he was gone. Some people here on CP hate that we hired Romeo as HC, and even more seemed to hate the idea of us bringing in Fisher. Yet when we take a chance on an unproven HC we also hate it? So what is Pioli supposed to do? Should he be fired because his first HC selection was a failure?

I don't advocate playing it safe all of the time when it comes to selecting personnel, and let's face it KC is not the first choice for anyone when it comes to attracting top guys. Pioli has to roll the dice and take the chance. I'll be tired of Pioli when he stops taking chances to make us a great team. He's on thin ice with the Cassel situation, but I don't hate him for picking Haley.

he's responsible for failing in his first HC hire....it's a real simple point to grasp

he's now on HC #2..we'll see what happens

he's responsible for failing in his first selection of a QB

these don't require long winded rationalizations...

prhom 05-27-2012 04:04 PM

I can handle giving Pioli extra time depending on how he handles the Cassel situation this year. Right now, he seems to be blind to the fact that Cassel shows nothing of the elite form we need. If that's just a media ruse, fine. If he really isn't willing to move on if Cassel has a bad season, then **** him. You can't spend 4 years trying out a QB that only leads us to losing records and a playoff blowout at home and keep your job. At least I don't think you should.

Titty Meat 05-27-2012 04:08 PM

You guys are ****ing cherry picking things instead of looking at overall results.

The Chiefs are 21-27 since Pioli took over. That's all that matters.

BryanBusby 05-27-2012 04:10 PM

I went outside for a run today and my dick got all sweaty.

I like cheese.

007 05-27-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8641787)
I don't hate the guy like a lot of people here. But bottom
Line he's failed to make the playoff in 2 out of 3 years here and when they did they failed to show up.

For comparison, By year 3 and 4 of Carl and Marty they had made the playoffs 3 times and won a few playoff games.

But we have a pro bowl QB.