ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Why has Cassel Regressed since 2010? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264603)

Graystoke 10-03-2012 07:55 AM

It’s impossible to hide the deficiencies of Matt Cassell for longer then a season.
Easy schedule and Front Office propaganda even had Matt believing in himself for a little bit.

tredadda 10-03-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8972687)
I don't think he's regressed. As Belichick says, "It is what it is." Cassel is just one of many NFL QBs who should remain as backups because they're simply not good enough to start. You have four types of QB: 1) stars who start, 2) decently solid guys who start but don't awe you, and who are probably borderline backups sometimes, 3) solid backups who are good enough to win a game but probably should never be a starter, and 4) suck-ass QBs who are cannon fodder and benchwarmers. Brady, Manning(s), Roethlisberger, Brees, Rivers? Obvious 1s. Most of the other starters? Borderline 1s but more obviously 2s. Cassel is between a 3 and a 4.

You know how a homely girl is said to have "a nice personality"? The NFL QB equivalent is when they say, "With a strong running game, good receivers, a good coach, and a good defense, he's good enough to win games for you." It's like me saying, "With a 15-inch dick, a hundred million bucks in the bank, and a Lamborghini, I'd be a great catch for a woman." It's the freaking NFL. ANY QUARTERBACK worth his jock should be able to win games with a strong run game, pass-catchers, coach, and D. Cassel was elevated by the talent around him in 2007 in New England. At the time, it was hard not to give Cassel credit because honestly there was no other benchmark; everyone assumed he must be pretty good. Turns out he isn't.

:bravo:

Bane 10-03-2012 07:59 AM

Again **** Casshole and anyone that supports him in any capacity.He was a piece of shit in college,in NE and has been a piece of worthless shit as a Chief.He has zero leadership skills and should be working the drive thru at jack in the box from 11am-5.

Tribal Warfare 10-03-2012 07:59 AM

Daboll is new to the equation, and he's attempting to have Cassel play like a NFL QB and Matt is failing. There is also the simple fact that Cassel realizes that this season is make or break for him, and like always is folding under the pressure. Other words the guy doesn't have the head for the position like I've been saying since day 1.

FAX 10-03-2012 08:01 AM

There is another possible factor ... I've only seen a few quarters of play so far, so I don't know ... but, are the enemy defenses bringing early and consistent pressure on him? If so, that could explain a lot of things.

FAX

suds79 10-03-2012 08:01 AM

We've been blown out in 3 of our 4 games.

So Matt has to actually try to make plays to bring us back, like most QBs, and simply can't do it.

If the game is close, the D is playing well and Jamaal is doing what he normally does, Matt knows how to not screw it up. But that's about it.

FAX 10-03-2012 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8972710)
We've been blown out in 3 of our 4 games.

So Matt has to actually try to make plays to bring us back, like most QBs, and simply can't do it.

If the game is close, the D is playing well and Jamaal is doing what he normally does, Matt knows how to not screw it up. But that's about it.

Good point. No lead means playing catch up. Playing catch up means playing catch. Not his forte.

FAX

Hammock Parties 10-03-2012 08:03 AM

Go back and watch that game in 2010 against Denver.

Running game? Sucked.

Defense? Sieve.

Cassel? Failing ultra ****ing hard until Denver went prevent.

What did he do against the Raiders in the season finale? Same ****ing shit.

Dude has always been fail, but Jamaal Charles and Charlie Weis could hide it against bad football teams.

Throw in bad games even when the rest of the team was doing well, like Buffalo 2010, and it wasn't hard to see what he was, and always will be.

A shitty ****ing QB.

tredadda 10-03-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8972709)
There is another possible factor ... I've only seen a few quarters of play so far, so I don't know ... but, are the enemy defenses bringing early and consistent pressure on him? If so, that could explain a lot of things.

FAX

They do that to all QBs unless said QB makes the defenses pay for it. The way to beat Manning was to get to him, Brady was the same way. More often than not they punished opposing defenses for it though.

RealSNR 10-03-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8972686)
Who cares if he broke 4000 yards. His 27:7 got the team to the post season. He's a god damn game manager at best and that's what he did. He didn't hurt the team. He didn't turn it over. He threw a bunch of red zone TDs. That's the best you can expect from him. And it was much better than what he is doing this year.

Who cares if he broke 4000 yards?

I ****ING DO.

It's really ****ing easy to win games and complete a high TD:INT ratio when Jamaal Charles slices through shitty rape defenses between the 20s, and all you have to do is throw above coverage in the red zone and let Dwayne Bowe go get it.

Or Moeaki, but if you're looking for a guy who's regressed, he's certainly one of the culprits.

2010 Cassel IS the same QB we see now.

Hammock Parties 10-03-2012 08:05 AM

Why did we get blown out against Baltimore?

Was it the D? No.

Was it Charles? No.

It's 10-7 in the middle of the third ****ing quarter. The third quarter, people!

Why? Cassel couldn't make a ****ing play to get us any points.

Why did we get blown out from that point forward?

Cassel started turning it over.

Same. ****ing. Guy.

Chiefnj2 10-03-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8972721)
Who cares if he broke 4000 yards?

I ****ING DO.

It's really ****ing easy to win games and complete a high TD:INT ratio when Jamaal Charles slices through shitty rape defenses between the 20s, and all you have to do is throw above coverage in the red zone and let Dwayne Bowe go get it.

Or Moeaki, but if you're looking for a guy who's regressed, he's certainly one of the culprits.

2010 Cassel IS the same QB we see now.

Why the **** are you expecting 4000 yards from Cassel? He's a game manager at best. Have realistic expectations.

He has more weapons this year and he is turning the ball over more. He can't manage the game. That is worse than 2010.

Chiefnj2 10-03-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8972723)
Why did we get blown out against Baltimore?

Was it the D? No.

Was it Charles? No.

It's 10-7 in the middle of the third ****ing quarter. The third quarter, people!

Why? Cassel couldn't make a ****ing play to get us any points.

Why did we get blown out from that point forward?

Cassel started turning it over.

Same. ****ing. Guy.

Cassel turned it over. So did Charles. So did Dex and the failed 4th down attempt.

Rasputin 10-03-2012 08:17 AM

We are no better off now than we were with Damon Huard as QB. That's all Cassell reminds me of is Damon Huard 2.0

Hammock Parties 10-03-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8972742)
We are no better off now than we were with Damon Huard as QB. That's all Cassell reminds me of is Damon Huard 2.0

Huard was better than Cassel. Shit, at least he could hit 60 percent.