ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   EDIT: Sean Taylor shot, has died (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=175368)

Easy 6 11-26-2007 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
I understand that you would bleed out fast, but he made it to the hospital and all. :hmmm:

:shrug: ...just going by what i hear.

siberian khatru 11-26-2007 10:06 AM

You ever seen the movie "Black Hawk Down"? There's a virtually unwatchable scene where they try to stop the bleeding from a soldier who's had his femoral artery severed.

Sure-Oz 11-26-2007 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru
You ever seen the movie "Black Hawk Down"? There's a virtually unwatchable scene where they try to stop the bleeding from a soldier who's had his femoral artery severed.

Never seen it, but own it, must watch tonight to learn more!

Easy 6 11-26-2007 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru

Oh man, yeah...that scene is just gut-wrenching, the actor did an amazing job conveying the pain of it.

kepp 11-26-2007 10:28 AM

Wow, this is the first I've heard of this. He was shot "at his home" which sounds like a robbery.

Rain Man 11-26-2007 10:36 AM

Anyone else think there may be more to this story than is being told?

Chiefs_5627 11-26-2007 10:45 AM

May he have a speedy recovery...GOD BLESS.

cadmonkey 11-26-2007 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz
There's an artery in your leg that is life threatning?

if not life threatening, then at least leg threatening. If blood doesn't make it down to his leg they will have to take it off.

JohninGpt 11-26-2007 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz
There's an artery in your leg that is life threatning?

Yeah, think of the plumbing in your house. If the water line going to your downstairs bathroom (leg) is broken, what kind of water pressure will you have in your upstairs shower (brain)?

WilliamTheIrish 11-26-2007 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free
Its one of, if not THE biggest vein in your body.

Artery: carries blood away from heart:

Vein: Carries blood back to the heart.

And yes, you can lose you life quickly in the event of femoral artery dissection.

MIAdragon 11-26-2007 11:06 AM

Wow that’s about 20 mins from me. I have NO clue why and NFL player would live in that area, its not the ghetto but pretty close. A lot of violent crime and drug activity.

Skip Towne 11-26-2007 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
Anyone else think there may be more to this story than is being told?

I suspect there is.

jynni 11-26-2007 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
I understand that you would bleed out fast, but he made it to the hospital and all. :hmmm:

Yeah, good thing it was attended to fast or he'd be dead instead of in critical condition.

MVChiefFan 11-26-2007 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon
Wow that’s about 20 mins from me. I have NO clue why and NFL player would live in that area, its not the ghetto but pretty close. A lot of violent crime and drug activity.

A $900,000 house in the "pretty close" ghetto?

Iowanian 11-26-2007 11:32 AM

Mcan will soon be along to indicate that Shawn Taylor's unecessary bleeding was traumatic to the shooter and jettio will volunteer to file the suit against Taylor's estate.

Its too bad his redneck neighbor didn't shoot those Theives in the yard, before they committed this crime, right....