ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Would you trade a 3rd for Huff? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=137642)

ct 03-21-2006 08:32 AM

I would not trade a 3rd for Huff. There are other safeties available in the 2nd or 3rd, that can still be difference makers. We need all 3 of these picks on solid prospects. Sadly though, I foresee, just as usual, both of those 2nd/3rd to be 'project' players.

Chiefnj 03-21-2006 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
All of those things could be said about Huff as well. The great defenses in this league have a difference maker in the middle of the defensive backfield - a Sanders, a Reed, a Williams.

Great defenses have a pass rush.

melbar 03-21-2006 08:37 AM

Quote:

Huff is a safety, not a CB.

And if he could be had by just trading our 3rd, I'd do it in a heartbeat. That being said, we'd have to trade our 2nd AND 3rd to trade up that far.

He's being projected to play CB because of his speed.

melbar 03-21-2006 08:40 AM

I was using an online calculator at footballguys.com .

htismaqe 03-21-2006 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melbar
He's being projected to play CB because of his speed.

Some of the draftniks are saying that because of how fast he ran at the combine. Most scouts are still looking at him to play safety.

htismaqe 03-21-2006 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj
Great defenses have a pass rush.

I don't disagree, but a pass rush can come from all kinds of places. The idea that would should spend every pick on a "pass rush" when we have holes elsewhere will lead to the same result - failure.

RedThat 03-21-2006 11:21 AM

Quote:

I don't disagree, but a pass rush can come from all kinds of places. The idea that would should spend every pick on a "pass rush" when we have holes elsewhere will lead to the same result - failure.

Like where? Where else does KC have holes more bigger than the defensive line? Aside from adding another CB, or safety fine. You guys do realize a great D-Line can mask a terrible secondary.

I would be estatic if KC spent picks 1, 2, and 3 on Defensive lineman. Our pass rush is brutal. We have "zero" interior lineman. And aside from Jared Allen, nobody on this defense can rush the QB.

*Our defensive line is the worst in the NFL. Which pretty much explains for a terrible pass defense.

Tribal Warfare 03-21-2006 01:25 PM

Sorry coryt

Sorry coryt, I'll repost it

[b]
Quote:

Originally Posted by melbar[/b
]Would you trade a 3rd for Huff?

Why??

Do you want to mess up my dream draft?

1) Hali

2) Watson

3) Croyle

:rockon:

RedThat 03-21-2006 01:35 PM

I'd like to see the Chiefs mock draft like this:

-Rd 1 Broderick Bunkley DT, FSU

-Rd 2 Daryl Tapp DE, Virgnia Tech

-Rd 3 Dusty Dvoracek DT, Oklahoma

*Trade one of our later round draft picks to the Lions for Harrington to solidify our back QB spot.

Munson 03-21-2006 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBull

*Trade one of our later round draft picks to the Lions for Harrington to solidify our back QB spot.

I would be very happy if the Chiefs drafted those three players. But I don't think Carl could pull that off.

Mr. Laz 03-21-2006 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
Which is why it was stupid to let Eric Warfield go.

he said "talent" in the secondary ... what part of that applies to warfield

Chiefnj 03-21-2006 02:09 PM

Quote:

I'd be very happy with rounds 1 and 2. I'd probably prefer a safety or WR in the 3rd round.

If you believe the hype Bunkley will be gone in the top 15.

melbar 03-21-2006 10:24 PM

I personally would love to see Williams, Avant , Dvoracek. Williams would be a real stretch , but...

melbar 03-21-2006 10:25 PM

I also love Huff as a Safety , either way.He's a smart guy and Safety is the "general" of our D.

htismaqe 03-22-2006 09:40 AM

Quote:

Like where? Where else does KC have holes more bigger than the defensive line? Aside from adding another CB, or safety fine. You guys do realize a great D-Line can mask a terrible secondary.

I would be estatic if KC spent picks 1, 2, and 3 on Defensive lineman. Our pass rush is brutal. We have "zero" interior lineman. And aside from Jared Allen, nobody on this defense can rush the QB.

*Our defensive line is the worst in the NFL. Which pretty much explains for a terrible pass defense.

A pass rush can mask poor corners, especially in zone coverage.

But it CANNOT mask poor safeties.