ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football A Browns fan is staying at the house (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264616)

Holladay 10-03-2012 11:37 AM

A Browns fan is staying at the house

The wife has a friend from work that is staying with us a few days. Wife tells me not to talk about politics becasue friend doesnt know much about it.

My candid and tried answer is "Fine, how bout them Chiefs?" To which the friend answered that she was a die-hard Browns fan. My chin hit the floor.

#1 they exist...I thought they were like unicorns, big foot or Nessy.
#2 I'm talking to one.
#3 In my house with witnesses.
#4 I thought I had it bad.
#5 I guess I should appreciate being a Chiefs fan.

She lamented and I shared her pain. The discusion didn't last very long. What do you talk about, which team is crappier? I did ask when is the correct time to start wearing bags on our heads.

So, admittedly, I don't know much about the Browns and their history. When was their last playoff win? Have they won a Superbowl? Who are some of their better players in history? In the last 10 years, has their suckage been as bad as ours?

Help educate me so I can be more informed and have a better conversation tonight.

BTW, my wife was correct as to the politics stuff. She doesnt know crap. She's a HUGE Obama fan:)

tooge 10-03-2012 11:40 AM

Here ya go;

So, you're a browns fan?
So you're kind of used to takin it in the tailpipe then?

Now move in for the threesome. Oh, also, Tits or GTFO

Bewbies 10-03-2012 11:41 AM

The Browns have an amazing fan base. I think they have the largest fan club in the USA.

Lucky bastards got a new owner this year too.

The Franchise 10-03-2012 11:50 AM

Pics or GTFO

wazu 10-03-2012 11:51 AM

Our playoff win drought is longer than theirs. They have 1st round QB starting for them and looking good. They should pity us.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-03-2012 11:55 AM

Tell her the old Browns are really good and won a Super Bowl not long ago. See if she swings at you.

L.A. Chieffan 10-03-2012 11:57 AM

I think it's been the same amount of time for both franchises in terms of playoffs wins.

L.A. Chieffan 10-03-2012 11:58 AM

And they've drafted a couple of first round qbs.

L.A. Chieffan 10-03-2012 11:58 AM

And they got rid of RAC and Quinn who are now on our team

Molitoth 10-03-2012 11:59 AM

Welp, the chiefs have better looking uniforms....

That's about it.

L.A. Chieffan 10-03-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Cassel's Love Child (Post 8973334)
And they've drafted a couple of first round qbs.

Actually I think they've drafted three first rounders since us.

Deberg_1990 10-03-2012 12:00 PM

Cleveland 95 airs tonight on NFL Network!

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sp...-cleveland-95/

Bill Belichick’s final season with the Browns will be documented tonight at 8 on NFL Network’s “Cleveland ‘95″ documentary.

Here are some Patriots-related snippets:

Belichick: “We wanted a tough, hard-nosed, blue-collar football team. That’s what Cleveland is and that’s what we wanted our football team to be.”

Belichick: “I felt bad for that team, the players and the coaches that were working so hard with less than no support. The owner was nowhere to be found; he was in Baltimore. It kind of felt like you were on a deserted island fending for yourself.”

Belichick: “We got better every year, our program improved every year. I wish that it would have turned out a bit differently, but we tried to do what we could and the best that we could for ourselves, for the team and for the city of Cleveland. I have no regrets about that.”

Eric Mangini: “There was that sense of we had turned the corner. All of that time, all of that work, all of that effort — we were poised to make that next jump.”

Scott Pioli: “Those years in Cleveland, those teams, those people impacted the NFL. It impacted a lot of football.”

Ozzie Newsome: “When I won in 2000 (with the Ravens), I owe a lot of that to Bill Belichick.”

Holladay 10-03-2012 12:01 PM

As to the fanbase, she mentioned that there was 4 major Brown clubs/groups in Las Vegas. She lives 5 months and 29 days in Cleveland and 6 months and 1 day in Vegas.

I was surprised about the Vegas fan base.

Quote:

So, you're a browns fan?
So you're kind of used to takin it in the tailpipe then?

Now move in for the threesome. Oh, also, Tits or GTFO
thought about that, but I haven't seen her in the daylight, she's 60 and a lil heavy.

tooge 10-03-2012 12:01 PM

Damn you guys are off. Must be the banner hooplah. A n00b states that there is a chick staying at his house with he and the wifey and only one pics or gtfo? Sheesh.

IS SHE HOT?

Deberg_1990 10-03-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Cassel's Love Child (Post 8973344)
Actually I think they've drafted three first rounders since us.

Kosar
Couch
Quinn
Wheedon