ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Wii U (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276670)

kcxiv 01-06-2014 10:19 PM

I think im going to get one by next month i hope. Ithink ill get the deluxe version, then get the Zelda and Mario games for the Wii work my way then maybe a price drop on some games,or just start a gamefly for a month or 2.

Sassy Squatch 01-06-2014 10:20 PM

I wish there was a real Zelda game for the Wii U. Windwaker does nothing for me.

New World Order 01-06-2014 10:39 PM

Wii U sports golf looks pretty cool:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SZa3d_7ocVQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kcxiv 01-06-2014 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 10352170)
I wish there was a real Zelda game for the Wii U. Windwaker does nothing for me.

I havent even played Twilight Princess yet. I havent touched anything Nintendo in ages. I miss that cartoony mario/zelda gaming. Games now days are usually on the serious /realistic side. Not all but most. Even RPG's are like that.

Chiefspants 01-06-2014 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 10352170)

If you haven't played Skyward Sword yet, it's worthy of a purchase.

OmahaChief 01-07-2014 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10351214)
Not really Wi U related, but Skylanders is freaking genius. Been playing with my youngest the last two snow days. It's a lot of fun. Marketing concept/business model is badass. I think it's kicking the shit out of the Disney version, which I've heard blows.

Totaly agree. Son and I have been playing Skylanders since Christmas. It is fun that we can both play but damn we are racking up the bill in guys we have bought.

NewChief 01-07-2014 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 10352867)
Totaly agree. Son and I have been playing Skylanders since Christmas. It is fun that we can both play but damn we are racking up the bill in guys we have bought.

We've had all three of the games (Skylanders, Giants, and now Swap Force they just got for Christmas). Swap Force is definitely the most robust and challenging of the three, but the load times on it are somewhat ridiculous (though maybe they're fairly normal by today's gaming standards, as I don't really game much).

I play through with him on easier settings without worrying about completion, then after he goes to bed, I play through on the hardest setting trying to fully complete each level. It's ridiculous.

Sassy Squatch 01-07-2014 11:33 AM

**** it bought ocarina of time 3d. Never played it.

SLAG 01-07-2014 02:22 PM

We're loving the wii u - Super Maro Bros U is great - so is Nintendo Land

Need For Speed Looks great.

We also Switched to Disney Infinity for the Wii U but still have the old 2 Skylanders for 360 - Although its $30 off the Swapforce Pack at Gamestop this weekend....

Disney Infinity is Great, its smart and offers a unique experience compared to skylanders - its hard to compare the two games directly except for that you bring in charterers with the pad

I'm waiting for the new Zelda and New Donkey Kong to Drop - its going to be a good year for the WiiU

OmahaChief 01-07-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10352885)
We've had all three of the games (Skylanders, Giants, and now Swap Force they just got for Christmas). Swap Force is definitely the most robust and challenging of the three, but the load times on it are somewhat ridiculous (though maybe they're fairly normal by today's gaming standards, as I don't really game much).

I play through with him on easier settings without worrying about completion, then after he goes to bed, I play through on the hardest setting trying to fully complete each level. It's ridiculous.

That is exactly what I am doing.

kcxiv 01-31-2014 01:53 AM

Got the Wii U today, im updating it now, but its taking a while. lol Im ready for some Mario again!

kcxiv 01-31-2014 02:56 AM

Imma spend money in the e shop. Fuuuck. Zeldas. Excitebike, donkey Kong and do Jr. Pu ch out and super punch out. Damn it

kcxiv 02-01-2014 03:15 PM

Punch Out is a bit harder then i thought it would be. Them 13 year old cat like reactions i used to have, seem to not be there anymore. haha Soda Popinski is kicking my ass. I need to get his timing down from his punches.

kcxiv 02-21-2014 12:57 AM

Downloading Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze because i didnt want to wait til tomorrow to play. lol
Posted via Mobile Device

*edit*

Game is seriously fun. Good difficulty. Graphics looks absolutely beautiful. Love the colors. Finally a bright colored video game

Deberg_1990 05-27-2014 07:18 PM

Mario Kart 8 out in a few day! Who's jacked?