ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KSU OMG 810 shut up about KSU - RANT (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257890)

saphojunkie 03-29-2012 12:13 PM

OMG 810 shut up about KSU - RANT

Look, assholes. I need sports radio. My brain is focused pretty intensely at work, and there are times when I have to turn on the radio just to give my neurons a different pathway for firing. At these times, I want to stop for ten minutes and think/hear about the Chiefs, or that week's interesting sports story.

But nooooooo....it's a Frank Martin Marathon! All Frank Martin, all the time! This is what everyone is DYING to hear about! I mean, my god! A college coach left his marginally good program! It's a national tragedy! It's a scandal!! WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE ARE THE CHURCHES STILL OPEN DEAR GOD HELP US ALL.

It's not like you assholes have nothing else to talk about. It's the GD final four, and there is a local school - a MORE LOCAL SCHOOL WITH A HIGHER LOCAL ATTENDANCE RATE - participating in the Final Four. Have I heard jack ****ing shit about it? No. No, I haven't.

Soren Petro had Kevin Harlan, a graduate of KU, on the show yesterday. Billed as "talking about Ku in the Final Four and Frank Martin leaving," the discussion turned into "20 minutes discussing Syracuse's journalism program and Frank Martin leaving."

It isn't that I need you assholes to talk about KU all the time. (this is part of being a badass. You can read about your program in the NATIONAL MEDIA.) But my god the felching for Frank Martin has gone on long enough.

A) Martin was not a great coach. He occasionally fielded teams that were somewhat good. Then he crumbled.
B) Martin was an embarrassment on the courtside. His antics surpassed even those of Todd Haley.
C) KSU is a football school, anyway. The only reason why Wildcats care about Basketball is that KU cares about basketball, and it's a chance to one-up the in-state rival. They own KU in football, but that isn't quite satisfying, because Jayhawks don't really care, which is frustrating.
D) Lots and lots and lots and lots of schools lose their coach. It isn't a massive story.
E) No one gives a **** if John Curry and Frank Martin are mortal enemies. If Bill Snyder has a problem with the AD, then the AD is gone. That's your story, and so far, it ain't happening.

Look, I get it. Your morning guy went to Mizzou. Petro went to Syracuse. Kietzman went to K-state. Your entire station is a lineup of disappointment and failure and suck. You are marginal broadcasters at best on a GOOD week, let alone a week where all of your alma maters exemplify abject failure. You don't want to give those damn Beakers the satisfaction. Cool. I get it. You don't have to talk about KU. Here are some other ideas:

-The damn draft.

-Go in depth as to what happened with Brady Quinn. Why he fell in the draft, why Cleveland traded up for him. Why then he was thrown under the bus. Why he sucked.

-Get Kelly Gregg on the phone and talk about the nose tackle in various defensive systems, and what kind of a player fits them. It will at least inform some fans who don't know.

-Talk about the Final Four. There are other stories than just KU. People do have an interest in the games in general.

-Talk about John Calipari's legacy if he wins.

-Talk about Rick Pitino's legacy if he wins.

-How about the signing classes for the football programs? How are they looking?

-How about the QB prospects coming into the football season this year? What Jrs and Srs should we be keeping an eye on?

Dear god, anything other than Frank Martin. I couldn't stand the guy when he was at KSU, and now that he's gone, he's more present than ever.

End of rant.

Apologies to Chiefsplanet. Here is a picture of a hot girl.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...nkie/puton.jpg

Dante84 03-29-2012 12:14 PM

Gargle cum, bro.

Dayze 03-29-2012 12:15 PM

well, that sounds bad. Did you at least get to hear the lunch special from wherever they were broadcasting from?

Or, were you able to get a scoop on who to use for some home theater installation?

If you're looking fora good place to eat, go to the Gas Light Grill. Kilnksgale mentions it about 40 times per show. So, it must be good.

Chiefspants 03-29-2012 12:16 PM

Meh, I would say KU appears in a final four with more regularity than KSU fields an above average coach, so I must say I understand their journalistic direction. ;)

RealSNR 03-29-2012 12:17 PM

That's a really ****ing sexy red X, dude

Dayze 03-29-2012 12:19 PM

on your way home, pick up some windows from Window World. They're the original $189 window guys, ya know.

Raiderhater 03-29-2012 12:21 PM

Switch to 610?

mr. tegu 03-29-2012 12:21 PM

Wait so they didn't talk about going out to golf and chuckling about not being any good?

Dayze 03-29-2012 12:22 PM

i usually save up my sports radio until Friday. I wait with anticipation to hear Stump The Chumps.

Old Dog 03-29-2012 12:23 PM

You're a whiny little ****er, aren't you?

mr. tegu 03-29-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 8502057)
Switch to 610?

I listen to that pretty much all day :) talking about the Royals right now.

Predarat 03-29-2012 12:23 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...t5/Spicoli.jpg

qabbaan 03-29-2012 12:24 PM

A high end Big 12 basketball school losing its head coach to a low end SEC school is a legitimate story.

Besides, aren't the stations owners sympathetic to KSU?

saphojunkie 03-29-2012 12:24 PM

Oh joy Soren Petro just paused in between bites of his lunch to call someone a boob.

My day is complete.

mr. tegu 03-29-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8502064)
i usually save up my sports radio until Friday. I wait with anticipation to hear Stump The Chumps.

Its stump the chumps? I always though it was "dump the chumps" which is why everyone turns the station as soon as it comes on :hmmm: