ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Harbaugh vs. Harbaugh? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268820)

Cmd'r&Chief 01-13-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 9312151)
Has anyone predicted Harbaugh vs Harbaugh or am I the first? You heard it here first!!

That's the first I've heard of it. Good idea

RealSNR 01-13-2013 02:18 PM

Why can you still start threads?

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9311967)
This is a brand spanking new idea.

Where's the rule that everything had to be original? Isn't starting a thread just introducing a topic for discussion?

DaFace 01-13-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9313869)
Where's the rule that everything had to be original? Isn't starting a thread just introducing a topic for discussion?

The context here is that John_Wayne loves to drop by and start stupid threads that have been discussed ad nauseum elsewhere. That's why he's catching so much flak here.

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cmd'r&Chief (Post 9313836)
That's the first I've heard of it. Good idea

milkman 01-13-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9313869)

When somone occassionally starts a thread like this, I don't generally care.

But when a stupid mother****er comes in every couple of weeks and starts threads over and over about things that have been discussed ad nauseum, I get pretty ****ing annoyed.

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9313877)
The context here is that John_Wayne loves to drop by and start stupid threads that have been discussed ad nauseum elsewhere. That's why he's catching so much flak here.

And there it is. Makes sense. Thanks.

DaFace 01-13-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9313849)
Why can you still start threads?

I'm honestly not sure. He doesn't do anything that's really against the rules, and it's not really all that frequent, so no one's ever cared enough to change it.

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9313882)
When somone occassionally starts a thread like this, I don't generally care.

But when a stupid mother****er comes in every couple of weeks and starts threads over and over about things that have been discussed ad nauseum, I get pretty ****ing annoyed.

That's fair. Did not know that, so I retracted my statement.

RealSNR 01-13-2013 02:28 PM

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see John Wayne start a thread that went something like, "I have heard there aren't many good QBs available in this draft. Should we try to trade down? Are there any other studs at the top of the draft that we can take with the #1 overall?"

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9313894)
I wouldn't be surprised at all to see John Wayne start a thread that went something like, "I have heard there aren't many good QBs available in this draft. Should we try to trade down? Are there any other studs at the top of the draft that we can take with the #1 overall?"

But don't the responses just reinforce his tendency to do it by getting the desired outcome? Point is, you know his motive. Just let the thread die and maybe he'll stop the shtick.

DaFace 01-13-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9313922)
But don't the responses just reinforce his tendency to do it by getting the desired outcome? Point is, you know his motive. Just let the thread die and maybe he'll stop the shtick.

It's kind of like trolling. People just can't resist responding.

milkman 01-13-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9313946)

Actually, early on, people did ignore his threads, but then he would just start even more threads.

The entire front page would be full of his stupid drivel.

Cephalic Trauma 01-13-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9313946)

Exactly.

As a side note that's related, I will say this place does a good job of keeping it low in comparison to other boards. Good mods, solid base of good posters, and good discussion.

Bugeater 01-13-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9313979)
Actually, early on, people did ignore his threads, but then he would just start even more threads.

The entire front page would be full of his stupid drivel.

Yep, he'd start a few dumb threads, and then he'd bump some of his old dumb threads, next thing you know the place is the John_Wayne Lounge.