ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The case for Nick Foles (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270213)

Frosty 02-21-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9423311)
I don't really want Dysert. For me it comes down to Geno, Barkley, or Wilson.

That wasn't really the question but thanks anyway.

BossChief 02-21-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9422896)
Accuracy is one of the more fixable aspects of a QB. Because it's using something with their motion that needs to be tweaked.

That's dumb.

Accuracy and arm strength are two things that for the most part you are born with or you aren't.

Frosty 02-21-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9423354)
That's dumb.

Accuracy and arm strength are two things that for the most part you are born with or you aren't.

Accuracy can be improved some with improved footwork and mechanics but you aren't going to turn Jake Locker into Aaron Rodgers.

htismaqe 02-21-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9423318)
That wasn't really the question but thanks anyway.

Well, to answer the specific question but take Dysert out of the equation, no, it wouldn't be acceptable.

We have the #1 pick in the draft. If we end up with Andy Dalton out of this draft, I'm going to be disappointed.

ChiefAshhole20 02-21-2013 04:23 PM

You don't get Foles because he is a franchise QB, you get Foles because out of all the available options, Foles knows Reid's offense the freshest, and is the cheapest out of all of them. You use him for one year to see how he progresses with actual weapons and O-line, and also allow him to teach up and help Geno transition into the pros and Andy's system. We know that Andy already likes him since he did just pick him last year, and would you find a single player in this draft in the 3rd or 4th round that would impact the team like a young scheme-familiar QB would? Trade him for a 3/4th pick, let him get a shot this year for a few games so you dont throw your new franchise QB to the wolves, and see if you have someone that could be a quality backup or potential trade bait in the future once Geno develops.

htismaqe 02-21-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9423456)
You don't get Foles because he is a franchise QB, you get Foles because out of all the available options, Foles knows Reid's offense the freshest, and is the cheapest out of all of them. You use him for one year to see how he progresses with actual weapons and O-line, and also allow him to teach up and help Geno transition into the pros and Andy's system. We know that Andy already likes him since he did just pick him last year, and would you find a single player in this draft in the 3rd or 4th round that would impact the team like a young scheme-familiar QB would? Trade him for a 3/4th pick, let him get a shot this year for a few games so you dont throw your new franchise QB to the wolves, and see if you have someone that could be a quality backup or potential trade bait in the future once Geno develops.

They're not getting Foles AND Geno.

Easy 6 02-21-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9423363)
Accuracy can be improved some with improved footwork and mechanics but you aren't going to turn Jake Locker into Aaron Rodgers.

Agreed, someone who will truly work at it can up their percentage, someone like a Flacco... but a Mitch "wild thing" Williams type like Locker will probably never have elite accuracy.

There has to atleast be a little bit of it there to begin with.

ChiefAshhole20 02-21-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9423478)
They're not getting Foles AND Geno.

Why wouldn't they?

htismaqe 02-21-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9423496)
Why wouldn't they?

Because you don't acquire a young kid with upside in Foles to sit him on the bench.

You backup a rookie with a vet.

ChiefAshhole20 02-21-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9423516)
Because you don't acquire a young kid with upside in Foles to sit him on the bench.

You backup a rookie with a vet.

Initially you aren't sitting him, you give him the starting job off the bat and let him run with it. There is zero reason to rush Geno to play, let him sit and learn the same as Rodgers did. Lets say Foles dominates with his playing time, now you have two young quality QBs to work with and Andy is known for trading off his QBs that he developed for draft picks (See Kolb and Feeley). I just don't see any reason not to do this, especially with the price of Foles' contract that he would bring, there isn't a QB in the entire market that can come here that cheap.

htismaqe 02-21-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9423573)
Initially you aren't sitting him, you give him the starting job off the bat and let him run with it. There is zero reason to rush Geno to play, let him sit and learn the same as Rodgers did. Lets say Foles dominates with his playing time, now you have two young quality QBs to work with and Andy is known for trading off his QBs that he developed for draft picks (See Kolb and Feeley). I just don't see any reason not to do this, especially with the price of Foles' contract that he would bring, there isn't a QB in the entire market that can come here that cheap.

You're thinking about this logically. Step back and look at it the way it almost always happens in the NFL.

If they trade a 3rd for Foles, he's the starter. He's not a stopgap or a backup.

And If they draft Geno #1 overall, he's going to start.

ChiefAshhole20 02-21-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9423602)
You're thinking about this logically. Step back and look at it the way it almost always happens in the NFL.

If they trade a 3rd for Foles, he's the starter. He's not a stopgap or a backup.

And If they draft Geno #1 overall, he's going to start.

I see where you're coming from, but I feel that you'd be hard pressed to find a scout or even fan who thinks that it would be in the Chiefs best interest to start a raw Geno on the first day. Even some of Geno's biggest supporters realize that he isn't realistically worth the first overall pick but instead is just the best Qb available and no other position on the team needs an upgrade as sorely as the QB position. Therefore, I feel like all former trends regarding a number 1 overall QB should go out the window, because honestly, he isn't good enough right now to start day one and produce like you would expect from a number one pick. That's why I say let him develop and let Reid, Pederson, and supposedly Childress work their magic and turn Geno into whatever he is capable of being.