ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Say we do get the #1 pick... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=189924)

pr_capone 08-26-2008 06:31 PM

Say we do get the #1 pick...

... and we do pick Stafford due to Croyle having to be carted off the field in game 7 with a torn vagina.

1 - Do you install him as your #1 QB right off the bat and let him learn as he goes (ala Vince Young & Russell)?

or

2 - Do you re sign Huard for one more year and have him fight it out for the starting job with Thigpen to give Stafford some time to learn the system properly?

or

3 - Do you sign some FA vet for one year (letting Huard go in the process) and have him fight it out for the starting job with Thigpen to give Stafford some time to learn the system properly?

or

4 - Sign a FA QB or take a flyer on a late rounder and have all 3 (Stafford, Thigpen, & un-named late round QB / FA) all go into camp fighting for the starting gig?

Mecca 08-26-2008 06:34 PM

It depends, not all QB's progress the same, you have to have a feel for his handle of the offense and the team and if he's ready or not.

Rain Man 08-26-2008 06:36 PM

I'd put my free agent money on the offensive line and let the quarterback play.

DeezNutz 08-26-2008 06:37 PM

I close my eyes, drop to the fetal, and ****ing cry.

SAUTO 08-26-2008 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 4948298)
I close my eyes, drop to the fetal, and ****ing cry.

so you're saying that you'd be huard????

pr_capone 08-26-2008 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4948289)
It depends, not all QB's progress the same, you have to have a feel for his handle of the offense and the team and if he's ready or not.

While true... I am not sure we have that luxury.

I really believe we are in a similar position to the one the Raiders were in when they drafted Russell. With Croyle gone, we simply would not have a legitimate QB in our stable... hell, with Croyle here we hardly do anyhow.

*IF* we are going to develop ANY of our players, we need someone who can chuck the ball around. Shitty QB means more time on the field for the D tiring them out and making them more prone to injury.

Not saying I like Stafford... or even dislike him. To be honest, I don't like that we are in a position where we may very well *HAVE* to take the best available QB in the draft.

If it comes to that though... I would much prefer we simply install him day one and let him figure it out.

Mecca 08-26-2008 06:48 PM

This is my view even if you take Stafford 1st overall, you bring those other 3 QB's back, you see where Stafford is all through preseason, if you feel he is ready then you let him start but if you feel he's not start the year with Croyle...

It's better to lose a couple games than ruin a guy you took #1 overalls career. When it comes to a QB taken that high and all invested at him you have to progress things at his rate he's far to important to mess up. If that means he has to sit for a year so be it, if he's ready to start from day 1 go with that.

SAUTO 08-26-2008 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4948358)
This is my view even if you take Stafford 1st overall, you bring those other 3 QB's back, you see where Stafford is all through preseason, if you feel he is ready then you let him start but if you feel he's not start the year with Croyle...

It's better to lose a couple games than ruin a guy you took #1 overalls career. When it comes to a QB taken that high and all invested at him you have to progress things at his rate he's far to important to mess up. If that means he has to sit for a year so be it, if he's ready to start from day 1 go with that.

you think we should bring back huard also? man it sure seems as though he's lost it. i bet we find out this year. is he under contract for next year?

Mecca 08-26-2008 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 4948362)
you think we should bring back huard also? man it sure seems as though he's lost it. i bet we find out this year. is he under contract for next year?

Tyler Thigpen is really really awful....you have to prepare yourself for the scenario that Stafford isn't ready and Croyle could get injured.

007 08-26-2008 07:02 PM

Chiefs won't draft a QB with the 1st pick in the draft. Even if they do, he will NOT start at any point during the first year.

Mecca 08-26-2008 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 4948419)
Chiefs won't draft a QB with the 1st pick in the draft. Even if they do, he will NOT start at any point during the first year.

Are we of the belief that the organization is to scared to make that pick?

MahiMike 08-26-2008 07:05 PM

geesh! season hasn't started yet and we're talking about the dumbest thing a team can do? Drafting a QB is NEVER the way to go.

Mecca 08-26-2008 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 4948432)
geesh! season hasn't started yet and we're talking about the dumbest thing a team can do? Drafting a QB is NEVER the way to go.

Yea man, most important position on the field F that, The Colts should have never taken Manning.

Deberg_1990 08-26-2008 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4948426)
Are we of the belief that the organization is to scared to make that pick?

Carl would probably not make the pick since he likely wouldnt be around long enough to reap the benefits.

Its better that we bring in a new GM who is willing to start over from scratch and has a new "5 year plan"

Mecca 08-26-2008 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 4948457)
Carl would probably not make the pick since he likely wouldnt be around long enough to reap the benefits.

Its better that we bring in a new GM who is willing to start over from scratch and has a new "5 year plan"

If this team is bad enough to have the #1 pick there's a good chance everyone is fired, bringing everyone back after that sends a horrible message to fans and makes you a joke around the league...

If you really want everyone gone hope they go 1-15 and there are blackouts because that is the kind of thing that causes everyone to get fired.