ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs vs Broncos predictions (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278562)

htismaqe 11-14-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10186933)
The statement I disagree with was not that Denver potentially has more to lose, it was that Kansas City has nothing to lose. We have a very small margin for error right now, and it's gone with a Chiefs loss.

Are they going to go undefeated? If not, then there's a loss somewhere on their record and it's most likely Sunday night.

On almost every schedule out there, fan and talking head alike, this is already an "L" for KC.

keg in kc 11-14-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10186934)
It's really hard for me to get into the "respect" angle. Even if they win, a certain portion of the national media is going to find another reason to call them a fluke. I simply don't care about respect.

I don't either. You were the one who brought it up with that "no nobody thinks they can win...

(Ironically my initial reply that was "that's a load of crap". LMAO What people think doesn't matter at all in any real sense....)
Quote:

Win or lose, we can still control our own path to the playoffs.
That's where I disagree. Lose and we're even, and Denver is actually the team that can control their own destiny.

gblowfish 11-14-2013 01:21 PM

Donks 28
Chiefs 17

I don't see our offense scoring much, and some of our points may come from special teams or from a defensive TD.

keg in kc 11-14-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10186941)
Are they going to go undefeated? If not, then there's a loss somewhere on their record and it's most likely Sunday night.

I pointed out the schedules earlier. Denver's final games are I think significantly easier than ours. They have fewer divisional games (always tough...), and while we play the Colts at home and the Redskins on the road (both potential losses in my mind), they have the Titans at home and the Texans on the road (don't see them in any danger of losing either).

Sunday night is to me a game that may take on even bigger meaning in retrospect, looking back in late December/early January. I think it's even more important that it appears to be right now.

TEX 11-14-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10186950)
I don't either. You were the one who brought it up with that "no nobody thinks they can win...

(Ironically my initial reply that was "that's a load of crap". LMAO What people think doesn't matter at all in any real sense....)That's where I disagree. Lose and we're even, and Denver is actually the team that can control their own destiny.

...And so STILL can KC. Fact.

mike_b_284 11-14-2013 01:26 PM

probably a q

Dbowe 420 yards

SeeingRed 11-14-2013 01:27 PM

I say they pull off the upset 27-23 with a defensive stand within the last 2 mins to win the game. 2 offensive TDs 1 Defensive TD and 2 FGs for Chiefs. 2 TDs and 3 FGs for Broncos. Denver's offense out plays KC's offense but the Chiefs pull off the upset win anyway

htismaqe 11-14-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10186950)
That's where I disagree. Lose and we're even, and Denver is actually the team that can control their own destiny.

Except that Denver has to play us at home.

Unless they beat us by 2 TDs and make it look easy Sunday night, I don't see them beating us at Arrowhead.

htismaqe 11-14-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10186964)
I pointed out the schedules earlier. Denver's final games are I think significantly easier than ours. They have fewer divisional games (always tough...), and while we play the Colts at home and the Redskins on the road (both potential losses in my mind), they have the Titans at home and the Texans on the road (don't see them in any danger of losing either).

Sunday night is to me a game that may take on even bigger meaning in retrospect, looking back in late December/early January. I think it's even more important that it appears to be right now.

Sunday night is the only "sure loss" I see left on the schedule.

This team just doesn't look like 2003. I just can't see them collapsing down the stretch.

duncan_idaho 11-14-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10186984)
Except that Denver has to play us at home.

Unless they beat us by 2 TDs and make it look easy Sunday night, I don't see them beating us at Arrowhead.

I'm sort of in the same boat. I expect KC to lose by at least 2 scores on Sunday and would probably pick Denver to win in KC, also.

If the Chiefs make it a closer game, I'll feel more confident about winning in Arrowhead.

KCUnited 11-14-2013 01:35 PM

I think it was a couple years ago when Oakland had some crazy stat about teams losing the very next week after playing them. I'm hoping KC can be physical enough, even in a loss, that it effects Denver the following week(s).

wazu 11-14-2013 01:35 PM

I think with the bye week this week will be a better opportunity to beat Denver than the game in Arrowhead. Manning has proven before he doesn't care about crowd noise or Arrowhead intimidation factor.

TEX 11-14-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10186964)

I understand all your points. It's all speculation no matter how educated and well thought out it is. However, fact is lose Sunday and KC can still control its own destiny. Will it be harder? Yes, absolutely. If Denver loses, they can't control their's. Also fact. The math is what it is-

keg in kc 11-14-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10186972)
...And so STILL can KC. Fact.

You'll have to forgive me for not assuming that the Chiefs are going to finish 15-1 if they lose Sunday.

This is what I think is going to happen:

Denver beats KC sunday: tied, denver owns tie breaker
NE beats Denver (road), KC beats Chargers: KC one game lead
Chiefs beat Denver: KC 2 game lead
Denver beats Titans, Redskins beat Chiefs (road): KC 1 game lead
Denver beats Chargers, Chiefs beat raiders (road): KC 1 game lead
Denver beats Texans (road), Chiefs beat Colts: KC 1 game lead
Denver beats Raiders; Chargers beat Chiefs (road): tied at 13-3, denver owns tie breaker (strength of schedule)

(Redskins and Colts games are interchangeable to me; I think we lose one of them. The road game seems the most likely).

That's just a tossing poop at the wall prediction, of course things will probably go differently in the real world, but I have a feeling we're going to point back to a loss Sunday (if we lose...) as being a key to the season.

How about we make it a moot point and win.

htismaqe 11-14-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 10187006)
I think with the bye week this week will be a better opportunity to beat Denver than the game in Arrowhead. Manning has proven before he doesn't care about crowd noise or Arrowhead intimidation factor.

Manning hasn't ever played in the REAL Arrowhead, against a defense like this one.