ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Movies and TV Clash of the Sitcoms: Round 1, Heat 5. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255075)

Rain Man 01-14-2012 10:35 PM

Clash of the Sitcoms: Round 1, Heat 5.

During the next commercial break, pick your three favorites from this list.

Easy 6 01-14-2012 10:41 PM

Gilligan, screw the rest.

Rain Man 01-14-2012 10:43 PM

I could only bring myself to pick two shows in this heat.

#1 - Gilligan's Island is silly and the plots were repetitious, but c'mon. Who can't like a deserted island comedy with palm-frond huts, apple pies, evening gowns, pedal-powered palm-frond cars, and bright primary colors on the shirts?

#2 - Leave It To Beaver. I can't help but like the Beav and Wally. All problems can be solved.

Missed the cut.

#3 - Maude. I've seen it, but I can't vote for it. She was a shrew who picked on her timid husband. While the daughter had a great figure, it wasn't enough to get my vote.

#4 - Bernie Mac. I think I saw it twice. Maybe it was good, but I don't remember anything notable about it.

#5 - The Office (BBC version). Never seen it. Shrug.

cdcox 01-14-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8296674)

#1 - Gilligan's Island is silly and the plots were repetitious, but c'mon. Who can't like a deserted island comedy with palm-frond huts, apple pies, evening gowns, pedal-powered palm-frond cars, and bright primary colors on the shirts?

Not to mention inspiring the most profound question in the history of the internet: Ginger or Mary Ann?

Rasputin 01-14-2012 10:47 PM

I liked Bernie Mac in most of the movies he has been in, but his show, not so much.

Rasputin 01-14-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 8296683)
Not to mention inspiring the most profound question in the history of the internet: Ginger or Mary Ann?

Both.

Dartgod 01-14-2012 10:51 PM

I could only vote for Wally and the Beave.

Gilligan probably deserved a vote, but despite being a fan, it's no where near the best sitcom.

Rain Man 01-14-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 8296696)
I could only vote for Wally and the Beave.

Gilligan probably deserved a vote, but despite being a fan, it's no where near the best sitcom.

You must have missed the show where they performed the Shakespeare musical. And the one where The Mosquitos washed up.

Anyone remember the really weird one where they actually went to some other island and ended up being taken prisoner and put in the dungeon? Seeing Ginger on the rack and Mary Ann all shackled up perved me out for life. That was a really bizarre episode.

Rasputin 01-14-2012 10:57 PM

Eddie Haskell

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Atr4yRv27IQ&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Atr4yRv27IQ&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

Dartgod 01-14-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8296705)
You must have missed the show where they performed the Shakespeare musical. And the one where The Mosquitos washed up.

Anyone remember the really weird one where they actually went to some other island and ended up being taken prisoner and put in the dungeon? Seeing Ginger on the rack and Mary Ann all shackled up perved me out for life. That was a really bizarre episode.

My favorite episode is the one when they almost got rescued, but Gilligan did something stupid to screw it all up.

cdcox 01-14-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8296705)

I used to watch that show every day after school and saw ever episode at least 5 times.

patteeu 01-14-2012 11:00 PM

I really liked both Gilligan's Island and Leave it to Beaver when I was a kid, but I can't vote for any of the choices in this poll as an adult.

Rain Man 01-14-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 8296712)
My favorite episode is the one when they almost got rescued, but Gilligan did something stupid to screw it all up.

Oh, I loved that one.

Rain Man 01-14-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 8296715)
I used to watch that show every day after school and saw ever episode at least 5 times.

Same here. It was far and away my favorite TV show, even in reruns. For years my dream was to get stranded on a deserted island.

milkman 01-14-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 8296712)

The funny thing is that I used to watch that show as a kid growing up in the 60s, and every week they'd hatch a plan for rescue, and they'd give Gilligan some critical responsibility, then get pissed off that he screwed up.

It pissed me off that they were stupid enough to rely on Gilligan week after week.

Whose fault is it really, you dumbasses?