ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Q&A LB JAMES GRIGSBY (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115012)

OmahaChief 04-24-2005 01:54 PM

I doubted this pick when we took him but after his interview I am sold on him. I really like his attitude and we need some guys like this on ST to spring Dante a few more times this year.

Baby Lee 04-24-2005 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP

That is amazing!! Dude has less neck than Mike Tyson. His head is just this rocky formation growing out of his shoulders.

penchief 04-24-2005 02:18 PM

He appears to have Kawika Mitchell measurables with a Dino Hackett attitude. I like it.

Braincase 04-24-2005 02:38 PM

I hope Mr. Mitchell is feeling a wee bit of heat at the moment.

buddha 04-24-2005 03:06 PM

This guy is GREAT. What an amazing personality and viewpoint! I'm his number one fan starting today.

BigChiefFan 04-24-2005 03:13 PM

Great pick-up. I knew we had a shot at him, but I didn't know how solid he is. This kid sounds like a football player who likes to hit. I'm damn glad Carl actually valued Gunther's opinion, because this kid is a Gunther player through and through. Very good draft.

Hog Rider 04-24-2005 03:21 PM

He and his Canton Little Giants used to come up here to Chillicothe (IL) and kick our Grey Ghosts butts all over the field. Then they'd kick our butts all over their field when our boys went there!

He's almost from my hometown. Most of my Dad's family is from Canton, my Mom's side is from KC.

Groovy man!

ZootedGranny 04-24-2005 03:52 PM

Gunther just got his "Wild Man from the Hills" REMIX.

Dude's name is Boomer, he's buck as hell, and doesn't seem to have a regard for his life. I love it.

DaneMcCloud 04-24-2005 04:18 PM

This guy is exactly what the rookie class neeeded. A solid, well built linebacker with attitude. This guy looks to destroy on special teams (something that we all know was lacking last year) and with time, will hopefully become a Maslowski or Dino Hackett. I love this pick!

Dane
~Extremely happy with this year's draft

Merril Hoge 04-24-2005 04:20 PM

I like this pick. I had him rated very high in the 3rd round on my draft board.

If you could combine his tackling ability with Derrick Johnson's speed and agility, you'd have the perfect linebacker.

B_Ambuehl 04-24-2005 05:04 PM

I was watching the combine when this guy was running his agility drills. He tweaked his hamstring and they told him to walk it off....he walked behind a group of players and was so pissed off he kicked the shit out of the turf and you could hear him cussing even though the mics were halfway across the stadium. I remember thinking, "that looks like a tough sumbitch of a middle linebacker right there" and his physical disposition is obvious. The only thing was the commentators never said who he was but I was curious. I remember I asking a couple of friends of mine "Hey were you watching the combine when that tough ass linebacker tweaked his hamstring.....any idea who that was?".....They didn't know.

So anyway, when the Chiefs drafted him today I looked up his stats and thought he sounded good. Now I see this video and sure enough here's that tough ass linebacker I was all excited about at the combine.

I agree with the Zack Thomas comment. This guy looks like a steal in the 5th round.

Ultra Peanut 04-24-2005 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl
I was watching the combine when this guy was running his agility drills. He tweaked his hamstring and they told him to walk it off....he walked behind a group of players and was so pissed off he kicked the shit out of the turf and you could hear him cussing even though the mics were halfway across the stadium. I remember thinking, "that looks like a tough sumbitch of a middle linebacker right there" and his physical disposition is obvious. The only thing was the commentators never said who he was but I was curious. I remember I asking a couple of friends of mine "Hey were you watching the combine when that tough ass linebacker tweaked his hamstring.....any idea who that was?".....They didn't know.

And it gets even better. ROFL

Archie Bunker 04-24-2005 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl

So anyway, when the Chiefs drafted him today I looked up his stats and thought he sounded good. Now I see this video and sure enough here's that tough ass linebacker I was all excited about at the combine.

I agree with the Zack Thomas comment. This guy looks like a steal in the 5th round.

Damn this guy is awesome. He has the perfect LBing mentality. I hope he can back it up.

sparkky 04-24-2005 05:41 PM

I'm liking this guy alot. Sounds like the kind of kid that will be well taken care of by the vets like Surtain.

Rain Man 04-24-2005 08:25 PM

I'm afraid of this guy. I like him.