ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports NFT: Jason Collins is teh ghey (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272619)

Bambi 04-29-2013 05:58 PM

Good step for gay America here. Pretty brave move based on some of the ignorant statements already coming out.

lol at people not thinking this is news.

Sports Illustrated is the most influential sports publication in history.

You're posting on a message board for the worst team in the NFL.

DJJasonp 04-29-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith 4Ever (Post 9643670)
Luke Walton and Richard Jefferson already came out as gay

http://jocksandstilettojill.com/wp-c...to-575x443.jpg

is that a Wayans brother in the middle???

CoMoChief 04-29-2013 08:14 PM

Kerry Rhodes is gay too.

loochy 04-29-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 9644453)
holy shit, you are a systems engineer? do you need a job?

no additional job is needed...

...unless it pays a crapton :thumb:

zigbazah 04-29-2013 08:45 PM

He's an attention whore. Lots of people are gay. Nobody cared about him, but now he's a huge story. Come out to your family and friends, not Sports Illustrated FFS. If being gay isn't suppose to be a big deal, quit making it a big deal.

CoMoChief 04-29-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zigbazah (Post 9645245)
He's an attention whore. Lots of people are gay. Nobody cared about him, but now he's a huge story. Come out to your family and friends, not Sports Illustrated FFS. If being gay isn't suppose to be a big deal, quit making it a big deal.

This is prob the biggest issue i have with it all...

Bump 04-29-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zigbazah (Post 9645245)

being a professional athlete coming out of the closet is a pretty big deal for the gay community, I'm sure.

They aren't considered equal people and that's because of the stupid bible that people have been told to worship.

So when they are considered equal people, then we can say that it's not a big deal anymore when someone famous comes out or whatever.

Pepe Silvia 04-29-2013 10:50 PM

They talked about this alllllll fuuuuuucking daaaaaaay.

Ultra Peanut 04-30-2013 03:27 AM

This thread's a pretty good example of why it's taken this long for someone to come out.

Jesus Christ.

Ultra Peanut 04-30-2013 03:41 AM

Also, I love how many people seem to be annoyed at someone talking about a fundamental facet of their lives. Oh no, a column you don't have to read that reflects how a not-insubstantial portion of the population feels about their own lives! Better mock it/say how NOT interested you are or else someone might think you're a halfway decent person.

On one hand, pffffft what's the big deal about someone's sexuality? On the other, how DARE someone acknowledge it publicly when they've felt intense social pressure to never reveal it to anyone ever and it's had huge consequences for their relationships with other people for their entire life.

Especially when their acknowledgment might give someone else the courage to live their life in a more happy, healthy manner. "Euuuuuuugh, grody!" - Straight White Male, arbiter of relevance

loochy 04-30-2013 05:38 AM

Random person: Hey Jason, we've heard reports that you are gay. Is that true?

Jason: Oh yeah, I'm gay. You didn't already know that?

That would be a much less drama queenish way to do this. If the person in question acts like it's normal, maybe everyone else might too. Making a spectacle out of it only makes it seem like a gimmick to those detached from the situation.

ThatRaceCardGuy 04-30-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 9645482)
Also, I love how many people seem to be annoyed at someone talking about a fundamental facet of their lives. Oh no, a column you don't have to read that reflects how a not-insubstantial portion of the population feels about their own lives! Better mock it/say how NOT interested you are or else someone might think you're a halfway decent person.

On one hand, pffffft what's the big deal about someone's sexuality? On the other, how DARE someone acknowledge it publicly when they've felt intense social pressure to never reveal it to anyone ever and it's had huge consequences for their relationships with other people for their entire life.

Especially when their acknowledgment might give someone else the courage to live their life in a more happy, healthy manner. "Euuuuuuugh, grody!" - Straight White Male, arbiter of relevance

This.

HMc 04-30-2013 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9645266)
This is prob the biggest issue i have with it all...

What a strange thing to have any kind of "issue" with.

He wrote a column for SI. The media picked it up because it seems to represent a (positive) development for a not insignificant proportion of the population.

Assuming he didn't appear at your doorstep in the middle of your dinner desperate to discuss the topic with you personally at great length, you really should be able to find a way to struggle on, sans any "issues" with it.

Brooklyn 04-30-2013 06:23 AM

why exactly would there be reports of him being gay? I don't think anyone suspected it and if he continued to live his life privately, it never would have come up (out?).

Maybe if YOU would act like it was normal, maybe everyone else might to.

I find it pretty funny that there are a ton of "life" threads here, telling others about how they lost their jobs, family members are sick and need prayers, what their new workout regimen is, bought a new home, etc. Should I be annoyed that I don't post messages like "I haven't moved residences!" "I'm not at the gym right now!" "My significant other DOESN'T have AIDS!" "I still go to work every day!"

People who are annoyed that he is talking about it crack me up. Do I run around screaming at the top of my lungs that I'm straight? is the dumbest form of logic I've heard. And before anyone tries to say that CP is a family and therefore warrants the discussions, just take note of how most of the NBA community has responded. They are specifically calling it the NBA Family and giving him support.

Saul Good 04-30-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 9645480)
This thread's a pretty good example of why it's taken this long for someone to come out.

Jesus Christ.

Yeah, it's been just awful. Everyone is just gay bashing in this thread.

The most interesting thing to me about this whole story to me is that so many of the gay rights supporters seem pissed that there is so little outrage. I haven't seen anyone freak out over a gay athlete, but I've seen plenty of people bashing religious people for being hateful.

I support the cause, but the martyr complex is out of control. I would think that the narrative to come from this would be that a gay player came out and was almost universally accepted.

The most negative reactions so far seem to be people saying "who cares" or Mike Wallace saying that he doesn't get why a guy would want to get with another guy. I don't see anyone grabbing a rope. This is a perfect chance for gay rights activists to extend an olive branch, but it's just another occasion to throw stones, it seems. Keep wondering why the cause is progressing so slowly, though. It must be everyone else's fault, especially those piece of shit bigoted, hateful Christian mother****ers.