ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Sac's Halfway Point 2013 Chiefs Mock (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266193)

Saccopoo 11-18-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spanky 52 (Post 9124614)
Really like the first four picks. We have no depth at center/guard. What about Uzzi of GT in the fourth?

I'm not spending a draft pick on a backup guard/center. That's what free agency is for.

Saccopoo 12-09-2012 03:30 PM

Stats for the 2012 season:

Geno Smith
350/490
71.4% completion
4004 yards
40 TDs
6 Ints
164.6 Rating

David Amerson
45 Tackles
5 Ints
1 TD
11 Passes Defensed

Robert Lester
42 Tackles
4 Ints
1.5 Sacks
3 Passes Defensed

Shane Skov
72 Tackles
2.5 Sacks
8 Tackles for Loss

Ryan Nassib
283/448
63.8% Completion
3619 Yards
24 TDs
9 Ints
144.69 Rating

Cornelius Washington
22 Tackles
3 Tackles for Loss
.5 Sacks
1 Pass Defensed

Michael Williams
21 Receptions
166 Yards
3 TDs

Nigel Malone
5 Ints
47 Tackles
8 Passes Defensed
1 Forced Fumble

Right now, I'm thinking that Washington has all the physical tools but just can't play the game. Will look for another rush end in that round, but I still like the rest of the picks/players.

O.city 12-09-2012 11:09 PM

I'm not sold on Lester, he was abused the times I watched them this year.

Besides, I think Berry a year removed from the ACL, is fine at SS. We need a FS back there.

Saccopoo 12-15-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9195499)
I'm not sold on Lester, he was abused the times I watched them this year.

Besides, I think Berry a year removed from the ACL, is fine at SS. We need a FS back there.

Lester is a hell of a player. You don't start for Alabama for three straight years because you can't play.

Berry is starting to worry me. While everyone thinks that he should be moved over to free safety (including me when I originally put this mock up) I'm beginning to think that he doesn't have the ball skills to play the free safety position at this level. He is routinely losing tight ends in coverage. However, he's been a terror at coming up in the box from Day 1. I really think that he should be used as the strong safety versus free safety, particularly if we go to a more modernized defense once Crennel and Pioli get canned after this season.

A lot of people don't know him because he plays out West at Fresno State, but Phillip Thomas is, IMO, the best safety at the college level. He recently got named to everybody's first team AA (AP, Walter, Sporting News, etc.) and is incredibly instinctive. Has basically been a one man wrecking crew for the Bulldogs in 2012. In fact, I think I'm changing the mock right now to Thomas instead of Lester due to the fact that Thomas is a natural in the pass game with the size to effectively play the run.

O.city 12-15-2012 04:02 PM

I like Thomas alot.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Eric Reid fall into the second, in which I'd grab him in a heartbeat.

Saccopoo 12-15-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9210891)
I like Thomas alot.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Eric Reid fall into the second, in which I'd grab him in a heartbeat.

I still wouldn't take Reid over Amerson though.

And I still have high hopes for Jalil Brown. He is constantly flashing in games, but hasn't put it all together. I'm thinking that a change of coaching staff is going to do a lot of players on this roster a world of good.

Nightfyre 12-15-2012 07:27 PM

So tank Carradine is a first round pick if he comes out. Just saying.

O.city 12-18-2012 12:13 PM

Sac, waht are your thoughts on Kevin Minter and Gholston from MSU?

Saccopoo 12-18-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9221176)
Sac, waht are your thoughts on Kevin Minter and Gholston from MSU?

Gholston is just a guy and I don't think he'll be a very good 34 defensive end. They really should have drafted Brockers last year.

Minter is a load, but I'm not sure if that's because there is just so much talent at LSU that he gets to clean up after/through the rest of the guys or that he's just that good. His numbers this year were, with the exception of the interceptions, better than Te'o's, and he did stand out during the games, though not as much as Mingo did - at least to me.

He's going to be a second rounder at worst, and he's probably more suited to play the middle in a 43 versus a Mike position in a 34.

I'd rather have Skov in the third versus Minter in the second as Skov is as good a run plugger as he is a pass rusher and coverage guy. You could plug him in next to DJ and get terrific run support from him as well as not lose anything anywhere else.

O.city 12-18-2012 04:52 PM

I like Minte, but would he not play the TED?

O.city 12-18-2012 04:53 PM

And I'm just not sold on Mingo.

Saccopoo 12-18-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9222162)
I like Minte, but would he not play the TED?

Terminology.

In a 34, the SAM is your strong side outside linebacker, the WILL is your coverage inside linebacker, the MIKE is your QB/run middle linebacker and the JACK is your dedicated pass rush end linebacker.

Or at least that's how I remember it.

Saccopoo 12-18-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9222165)
And I'm just not sold on Mingo.

He's raw, but he's the guy that really jumps when you watch that defense. He's a lot of hustle and keeps the motor going. Big, long and athletic. He's got a huge ceiling. Reminds me a lot of Aldon Smith.

O.city 12-18-2012 05:57 PM

I don't see Mingo in the 34, though.

Sorter 12-18-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9222246)
He's raw, but he's the guy that really jumps when you watch that defense. He's a lot of hustle and keeps the motor going. Big, long and athletic. He's got a huge ceiling. Reminds me a lot of Aldon Smith.

I'm sad because I haven't even broken down the top tier guys at OLB/DE because of our QBs. Lucky for me I have a month to rectify this. :)