ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Fox midseason 2012/13: The Following (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259526)

BWillie 04-14-2013 07:10 PM

I like it. Itd entertainment. ...just dont try to waste your time "solving" the show and why they don't do certain things to catch Joe.

Nzoner 04-29-2013 09:47 PM

Wow what a finale.

mikey23545 04-29-2013 09:52 PM

Well, now we have an entire offseason to wonder if Clair is dead or not.

And Emma will pick up the torch...

007 04-29-2013 11:55 PM

I'm betting they are leaving it that way and not doing a second season

007 04-29-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9645344)
Wow what a finale.

Great finale, saw it coming but still great.

Tribal Warfare 04-30-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9645434)
I'm betting they are leaving it that way and not doing a second season

'The Following' Renewed: Fox Also Orders New Seasons Of 'New Girl,' 'The Mindy Project' And 'Raising Hope'

"The Following" has been renewed for a second season by Fox. The network has also ordered new seasons of "The Mindy Project," "New Girl" and "Raising Hope."

"From the very beginning, we felt Kevin Williamson and Marcos Siega had created a high-quality, edge-of-your-seat drama that could break from the pack, and it is exciting to see the audience responding,” Kevin Reilly, chairman of entertainment at Fox, said in a statement. “Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy have given us two of the most compelling characters on television and the entire cast is incredible. I’m delighted to have this thrill ride continue on Fox for another season."

007 04-30-2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9645466)

'The Following' Renewed: Fox Also Orders New Seasons Of 'New Girl,' 'The Mindy Project' And 'Raising Hope'

"The Following" has been renewed for a second season by Fox. The network has also ordered new seasons of "The Mindy Project," "New Girl" and "Raising Hope."

"From the very beginning, we felt Kevin Williamson and Marcos Siega had created a high-quality, edge-of-your-seat drama that could break from the pack, and it is exciting to see the audience responding,” Kevin Reilly, chairman of entertainment at Fox, said in a statement. “Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy have given us two of the most compelling characters on television and the entire cast is incredible. I’m delighted to have this thrill ride continue on Fox for another season."

I actually thought that was a perfect way to leave it. They actually told us how it would end when they were discussing "the manuscript" in the scene prior.

ChiefAshhole20 04-30-2013 01:55 PM

I thought the way it ended with Joe was pretty weak, but overall the first season was good

BlackHelicopters 04-30-2013 02:15 PM

Joe, somehow, is still alive. It's TV.

Nzoner 04-30-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9646407)
Joe, somehow, is still alive. It's TV.

Whether he is or not I think they've lost me for season two.

007 04-30-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9646436)

why?

BlackHelicopters 04-30-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

The diversion is good. Is it real life? No. That's why I watch.

Nzoner 04-30-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9646469)
why?

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9646504)
The diversion is good. Is it real life? No. That's why I watch.

Okay I may watch the first episode next season but after one season down I just felt like it was a bit too over the top at times for my liking and that at times the writers got very lazy.

Baby Lee 04-30-2013 03:52 PM

Watching The Following is acceptable, but not if you aren't also watching Hannibal.

Hannibal is 100x the show The Following is.

PhillyChiefFan 05-01-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

I'm still going to watch it next season, but for me, the buildup (i.e. "oh we are just getting started." and "this is just the beginning.") had me excited for the show. Then Joe kind of went crackers. I get that they were trying to show that he was unraveling and losing control, but I enjoyed the methodical and calculated character in Joe. After such a build up in his character, he loses his composure, then loses control at the very moment all of his efforts and scheming are coming to a head because Hardy temporarily diffuses the situation by saying Poe sucks, critizing him and insulting his writing? I don't know it was just a little bit of a letdown for me.

Now (assuming Joe's dead), his followers will pick up the torch and continue their chapter of Joe's book I assume.