ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Schefter :Colin Kaepernick can't cash in (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269332)

Rasputin 01-26-2013 02:40 PM

I curr >< this much what they make under contract. If they are worth the money they can make up and then some in endorsement deals. That is win win for teams and players and the fans pay for the product they chose to buy, so it's win for the company endorsing the player.

Rausch 01-26-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9352944)
well at least you came back and took your lumps for being wrong

I don't agree that a player under a rookie contract has no out.

Quote:

Brock took his ball and went home after he tried insulting me for waiting tables once upon a time.

You take that up with him.

Quote:

Love someone who attacks another person for having a job. Real adult like.

Hey, I have a shit job now.

It's like being fat (which I am now) - we get to make fun of our own.

Hey, if you can't admit to being wrong or can't take criticism or can't stand being challenged get the **** out. It's what we do here. It's what we are...

Chiefnj2 01-26-2013 02:46 PM

Endorsements.

dallaschiefsfan 01-26-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9352927)
if that's the case then teams shouldn't be allowed to cut an underachieving player and not pay him

it's a good faith contract, remember?

That's actually incorrect. Contracts are not guaranteed in the NFL per the agreed upon rules. Only bonuses are guaranteed. It's been that way for a while. Nobody is forcing a player to play or sign contracts under those rules.

dallaschiefsfan 01-26-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9352939)
for rookies...yes

if they are going to restrict them from not renegotiating for 3 years then every single drafted rookie should have a 4 year GUARANTEED contract...

which amounts to like $2M or $3M for anyone drafted in the 3rd round or later.

Fair is fair. If you can restrict the gems from making more money then you shouldn't be able to cut the busts and not have to pay them for sucking.

You keep using that word. I do not think you know what it means. Nobody is playing outside of the bounds of agreed upon rules of contracts in the NFL.

Hootie 01-26-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan (Post 9352976)
That's actually incorrect. Contracts are not guaranteed in the NFL per the agreed upon rules. Only bonuses are guaranteed. It's been that way for a while. Nobody is forcing a player to play or sign contracts under those rules.

:facepalm:

I feel like I'm just ****ing being trolled in this thread.

Good job everyone.

Hootie 01-26-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9352951)
The player has some guaranteed money, what does the team get in case the player sucks? Nothing.

So the players have a safety net, teams do too
Posted via Mobile Device

Wilson a 3rd round pick received $620,000 guaranteed.

Alfred Morris might have gotten half of that, though I doubt it.

A player should be able to renegotiate his deal whenever they want, just like an NFL team can cut a player whenever they want.

I'm not saying pulling a T.O. after 1 year of a contract is good business, but it's their profession and their decision. If it backfires, it backfires...but the player should still have that right as this is their job.

We don't sign our life away at our jobs. My employee can't block me from looking elsewhere and making more money. Why should the NFL block a guy like Russell Wilson who wouldn't even have to holdout because the Seahawks would hand him a blank check right now. (if they could)

Hootie 01-26-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9352959)
I don't agree that a player under a rookie contract has no out.

ROFL

Ok. It's only fact. But ok.

ROFL

Tribal Warfare 01-27-2013 02:22 AM

<script src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?height=365&embedCode=drb3ltODpBs09v-Fl-9HZ9xrZ49rEkA9&video_pcode=dzb3E6lOVg3GbeqCXcWqm8NkQGcl&deepLinkEmbedCode=drb3ltODpBs09v-Fl-9HZ9xrZ49rEkA9&width=650"></script>

Sorter 01-27-2013 03:03 AM

I thought it was common knowledge and reported by other sites (ESPN, PFT, PFW) that the new rookies can't renegotiate until their 3rd year. What am I missing?

jspchief 01-27-2013 06:19 AM

Stop trying to use jobs in the real world as an analogy. They just aren't comparable.

The fact of the matter is these guys agreed to this type of contract when they elected to pursue an NFL career. They chose a job with structured contract rules in the first 3 years, knowing full well that there was a risk of outplaying that contract and possibly missing a chance to ever reap the reward. THEIR CHOICE.

You can argue about what's fair to Russell Wilson, or what was fair to KC with Cassel's contract all you want, but the fact remains both parties agreed to the rules in place when they signed.

Besides, ultimately this CBA is much healthier for the league as a whole. I have no problem with the risk Alfred Morris faces.