ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News KC Star cartoonist Lee Judge mocks Murder Of SEAL Sniper Chris Kyle (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270039)

pr_capone 02-14-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 9403922)
Im pretty sure this thread proved the cartoonist's point.

I'm pretty sure it didn't. That cartoonist should have a lot more respect for Kyle than he does. Using his death as a platform with which to make a very weak point (as in how it is related to Kyle's service and life) seems to be in very bad taste. I may be a little extra sensitive to it being prior service and I'm happy to admit that. I don't think that is it though.

listopencil 02-14-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickel D (Post 9403891)
The cartoonist is being sarcastic with his one-liner at the bottom. There was a good guy (Kyle) around who did have a gun. But still, there was a crazy dude who killed this sharpshooter. So the cartoonist is saying to the NRA that their supposedly fool-proof response to the Newton incident of putting a good guy with a gun at every school is not going to work.

If you still have problems getting the interpretation of this cartoon, call up Lee Judge and hear it straight from the horse's (or other four-legged critter's) mouth.

"Supposedly fool-proof response"? I think their point was that an armed guard is more effective than a sign that says "Gun Free Zone." Strangely enough, anyone who is a high profile target with assets available to them completely agrees with the NRA. That's why celebrities use bodyguards instead of Gun Free Zone bumper stickers on their cars. That's why Obama is protected by the Secret Service instead of a Gun Free Zone t-shirt. Speaking of Obama, do you think that security (including armed guards) was ramped up to insane levels when he visited Sandy Hook? Why?

Tombstone RJ 02-14-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La literatura (Post 9403818)
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're jumping to a conclusion here not meant by the cartoonist. I think it's silly to think the author is inferring that Chris Kyle was not a good guy (on the contrary, he's saying he was a good guy), and that all people who own guns are bad.

The cartoonist isn't mocking him. He's making a political point against the argument that if only good people had guns, nothing tragic would ever happen. Political cartoonists get paid to do this, and it has a long history in this country.

The cartoon actually appears rather respectful.

That's a rather twisted interpretation of this cartoon. The cartoon is pointing out the irony of an American hero's death because Kyle was killed at a gun range, a popular place for law abiding, gun safe citizens. Nothing more. It's mocking everyone who owns a gun and it's mocking Kyle because he made his living killing the enemy with a, get this, gun.

It's a turd of a cartoon and nothing more. Your crappy interpretation of the cartoon is clownish in and of itself. It's also a complete irony that Kyle died protecting the cartoonists right to free expression, something I have no doubt Kyle would continue to defend if he were alive today.

Really, it's a bad cartoon and in poor taste. The fact that the editors at the KC Star published it speaks volumes about their libtard leanings too.

keg in kc 02-14-2013 08:38 PM

Ironically, some of the loudest voices against this cartoon are some of the same people that are so opposed to the idea of political correctness.

KChiefer 02-14-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9403981)
That's a rather twisted interpretation of this cartoon. The cartoon is pointing out the irony of an American hero's death because Kyle was killed at a gun range, a popular place for law abiding, gun safe citizens. Nothing more. It's mocking everyone who owns a gun and it's mocking Kyle because he made his living killing the enemy with a, get this, a gun.

It's a turd of a cartoon and nothing more. Your crappy interpretation of the cartoon is clownish in and of itself. It's also a complete irony that Kyle died protecting the cartoonists right to free expression, something I have no doubt Kyle would continue to defend if he were alive today.

Really, it's a bad cartoon and in poor taste. The fact that the editors at the KC Star published it speaks volumes about their libtard leanings too.

The the fact that Judge used the NRAs phrase of "good guy" isn't a clue?

#getaclue

Jenson71 02-14-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

That's a rather twisted interpretation of this cartoon. The cartoon is pointing out the irony of an American hero's death because Kyle was killed at a gun range, a popular place for law abiding, gun safe citizens. Nothing more. It's mocking everyone who owns a gun and it's mocking Kyle because he made his living killing the enemy with a, get this, gun.

Not really, but you probably need to be offended by something, so this is convenient.

Cannibal 02-14-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

You're looking for a reason to offended, nothing more.

listopencil 02-14-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9403991)
Ironically, some of the loudest voices against this cartoon are some of the same people that are so opposed to the idea of political correctness.

If you need less irony in your life, the same people who believe in the 2nd amendment also believe in the 1st. Whether that be publishing a cartoon or posting on a message board.

Tombstone RJ 02-14-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9403994)
The the fact that Judge used the NRAs phrase of "good guy" isn't a clue?

#getaclue

I'm not a member of the NRA and no, I don't follow them. I had no idea the cartoon was saying anything about the NRA.

Tombstone RJ 02-14-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9403999)
You're looking for a reason to offended, nothing more.

nope

Tombstone RJ 02-14-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La literatura (Post 9403996)
Not really, but you probably need to be offended by something, so this is convenient.

wrong again, congrats, you're batting zero.

Jenson71 02-14-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9404014)
I'm not a member of the NRA and no, I don't follow them. I had no idea the cartoon was saying anything about the NRA.

Glad we could help out.

stevenidol 02-14-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9404014)

Well it's good to know that you are offended due to ignorance, instead of just being a moron.

GloryDayz 02-14-2013 08:48 PM

I still think the guy's an asshole! But I'm sure his little group of smug pencil-heads love mocking real people...

Tombstone RJ 02-14-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La literatura (Post 9404033)
Glad we could help out.

its funny that you know more about the NRA than me. :clap: