ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Well, crazy things happen (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268834)

Mile High Mania 01-13-2013 09:10 AM

Well, crazy things happen

I said a number of times that this could happen... Good game though, while I didn't like the outcome, it was a good game. There were bad calls by the refs against both teams. A few questionable calls by Denver, but the two teams played well and unfortunately for me ... they lost.

You kids enjoy crotch kicking KnoMo and the rest of us... I am going to let this settle for a day or two and move on. It was a great season, 2013 will be fun as well.

Later.

the Talking Can 01-13-2013 09:11 AM

sorry your coach went full-marty at the end

WilliamTheIrish 01-13-2013 09:11 AM

You never throw late over the middle.

In58men 01-13-2013 09:12 AM

You pass on 3rd and 7 not run.

Horrible decision

TheGuardian 01-13-2013 09:14 AM

I hate when fans pull out the "well it was a great season".

No it wasn't. We've been there. The season sucks if the end result wasn't a f'n super bowl.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-13-2013 09:14 AM

Not talking shit to you, man. You don't deserve it. It's no secret I'm reveling in Broncos Nation's tears this morning, but not yours.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-13-2013 09:14 AM

You would be better off dumping manning and trading draft picks for flacco once he is franchised.

In the end, did it really surprise you manning choked in a playoff game...and flacco won, again?

notorious 01-13-2013 09:14 AM

Denver fans like you are the reason I felt a little bad yesterday.

The rest of the fans are why I couldn't stop smiling.

You are pure class, MHM.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-13-2013 09:15 AM

Oh, obligatory...

**** you.

notorious 01-13-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9312765)

No it wasn't. We've been there. The season sucks if the end result wasn't a f'n super bowl.

This.

This.

This.

Buehler445 01-13-2013 09:15 AM

If anyone can understand putting together a good regular season and then shitting all over the first playoff game it is this bunch of yahoos. Anyway, you're one of the good ones, sorry it had to happen to you.

TheGuardian 01-13-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9312772)
If anyone can understand putting together a good regular season and then shitting all over the first playoff game it is this bunch of yahoos. Anyway, you're one of the good ones, sorry it had to happen to you.

Exactly. And yes, OP is a solid dude. I just hate when fans won't admit how much of a ****ing disaster a loss like yesterday is by throwing out the ol "well it was a fun regular season".

I was never sold on the Donks this year because they played a supremely weak schedule and went what, 1-4 against winning teams?

I couldn't believe how many people thought they were a lock against the Ravens.

But yeah, they had a shitty season. To go 13-3 and go one and done feels beyond awful. We all know this.

Bugeater 01-13-2013 09:18 AM

Eh, getting crotch-kicked is part of being a sports fan. I definitely would avoid this place for a while if I were you.

Chief Roundup 01-13-2013 09:19 AM

Just curious is it more on Fox for being conservative or where do you put the blame for this lose?

Did it look to you like Mannings arm was getting weaker towards the end of that game?

Buehler445 01-13-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9312775)
Eh, getting crotch-kicked is part of being a sports fan. I definitely would avoid this place for a while if I were you.

He'll be fine. As long as he doesn't go talking trash on the Chiefs or anything, I don't think anybody worth a shit is going after MHM. He may do well to stay out of all Donk threads, but He'll be OK.

notorious 01-13-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9312780)
Just curious is it more on Fox for being conservative or where do you put the blame for this lose?

Did it look to you like Mannings arm was getting weaker towards the end of that game?

Both. Their hands were tied because Manning obviously had nothing left because of the cold and that he's an old ****.

R8RFAN 01-13-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Damn... Yal have had a hellluva lot of bad seasons then....:evil:

Chief Roundup 01-13-2013 09:23 AM

Oh yeah and KnowMo got crotch kicked, lost bet, off the planet for a year IIRC.

Buehler445 01-13-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9312786)
Damn... Yal have had a hellluva lot of bad seasons then....:evil:

**** yes we have. 20 of them. Consecutively. That's why Carl was run the **** out of here on a rail. And that's why there is deep seeded rage when we put shit on the field. There are no good seasons to placate the bad ones.

We know, perhaps better than any other fanbase how shitty these seasons are.

R8RFAN 01-13-2013 09:25 AM

MHM I feel bad for you and Blueflame but thats about it to be honest.

I really enjoyed you guys spending all that money for the AFCW Championship that you could have easily won with Tebow this year.

the Talking Can 01-13-2013 09:26 AM

broncos went all in on manning, just like we did with montana..

pretty much had one shot

it ain't getting any warmer in colorado, and manning ain't getting any younger or stronger

notorious 01-13-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9312788)
**** yes we have. 20 of them. Consecutively. That's why Carl was run the **** out of here on a rail. And that's why there is deep seeded rage when we put shit on the field. There are no good seasons to placate the bad ones.

We wrote the ****ing books on 13-3 playoff failures.

R8RFAN 01-13-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9312788)

You know I was just capitalizing on an opportunity that was presented on a silver platter to me LMAO

R8RFAN 01-13-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9312790)

pretty much had one shot

it ain't getting any warmer in colorado, and manning ain't getting any younger or stronger

Manning will be a helluva coach in the NFL but his playing days are just about over.

Buehler445 01-13-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9312793)
You know I was just capitalizing on an opportunity that was presented on a silver platter to me LMAO

I know, but those seasons are so damn frustrating, you couldn't hope to rile us. We've been riled-out.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-13-2013 09:30 AM

You are a good dude Mile High. You have to realize that as much crap Knowmo talked about it being a guarenteed win and the Donks a lock to win the Super Bowl, I had to make the bet, and we had to rub it in.....hard.

BlackHelicopters 01-13-2013 09:30 AM

Damn shame. Good luck to you.

Art Vader 01-13-2013 09:30 AM

condololences!

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-13-2013 09:32 AM

Whats so sad about this loss is..... well...... nothing ! ROFL

Three7s 01-13-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

I agree with this 99% of the time, and also in the case of the Broncos who went all in. The only 1% that it isn't necessarily true is when you have a young team that grows into this position for experience.

Chief Roundup 01-13-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9312785)
Both. Their hands were tied because Manning obviously had nothing left because of the cold and that he's an old ****.

That was a question for MHM but thanks for your input.

R8RFAN 01-13-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9312796)
I know, but those seasons are so damn frustrating, you couldn't hope to rile us. We've been riled-out.

We will see how easy CP is to rile up when the goobers here are frustrated that Andy does not take them from 2-14 to a SB contender in one year with a rookie QB.. I think the situation should present golden opportunities for me.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-13-2013 09:48 AM

Dude, we troll ourselves. Don't need any help.

Besides, the next meltdown could be soon if they pass on a QB in the draft and trade for Alex Smith.

CaliforniaChief 01-13-2013 09:57 AM

You're a classy guy, MHM.

13-3 with homefield advantage is the kiss of death. Champ Bailey picked a helluva time for rigor mortis to set in, and John Fox/Mike McCoy choked their chickens in front of the whole world.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-13-2013 10:06 AM

Look at the bright side, there's going to be a lot of Broncos in the Pro Bowl!

ct 01-13-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9312754)
I said a number of times that this could happen... Good game though, while I didn't like the outcome, it was a good game. There were bad calls by the refs against both teams. A few questionable calls by Denver, but the two teams played well and unfortunately for me ... they lost.

You kids enjoy crotch kicking KnoMo and the rest of us... I am going to let this settle for a day or two and move on. It was a great season, 2013 will be fun as well.

Later.

Great season MHM, don't let any aholes ruin that. I'd take a 13-3 one and done at this point gladly! That said, I do enjoy watching the broncos blow the #1 seed. :)

Hope next year we'll have some competition in the AFC West, was pretty sad division this year.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-13-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct (Post 9312859)
Great season MHM, don't let any aholes ruin that. I'd take a 13-3 one and done at this point gladly! That said, I do enjoy watching the broncos blow the #1 seed. :)

Hope next year we'll have some competition in the AFC West, was pretty sad division this year.

I hope you look back in a couple of years and say 2-14 was worth it to get a high calliber coach, and a franchise QB.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-13-2013 10:13 AM

Another 13-3 one and done with a retread QB would be the death of me.

crossbow 01-13-2013 10:21 AM

After the Ravens tied the game at 35/35, wasn't there enough time with two time outs for Peyton to move into field goal range? Realy bad time to go into fetal position. I thought only the Chiefs fans had to witness things like that.

mcaj22 01-13-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9312870)
Another 13-3 one and done with a retread QB would be the death of me.

be careful what you wish for, FA hasnt started yet and the draft isnt complete either lol

LiveSteam 01-13-2013 10:28 AM

My mom told me. If you dont have anything nice to say,then dont say anything at all.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-13-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9312897)
be careful what you wish for, FA hasnt started yet and the draft isnt complete either lol

It's in the back of my mind that it could happen. Until the selection is made on draft day, I won't believe it. We've seen it all before.

Bugeater 01-13-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9312916)
My mom told me. If you dont have anything nice to say,then dont say anything at all.

Your mom isn't here.

Hootie 01-13-2013 10:33 AM

I won't defend Manning's OT INT

that was a choke artist throw and he was either playing scared or just didn't have anything left in his arm

BUT

it never should have gotten there

that game is a John Fox choke, and a Rahim Moore choke (what the **** was that?) before it ever should have gotten to the Manning choke

but once it got there, my God...that was the biggest Manning choke I've ever seen. No defense.

Mile High Mania 01-13-2013 10:36 AM

Yeah, KnowMo certainly earned all the slings and arrows going in his direction.

Regarding the season, yes it was still a great season - bottom line though, they didn't advance further in the playoffs than they did last year. I like this team and the style of play 10X better and there were several things to point to for the loss yesterday, not just the 3rd and 7 deal or the last INT...

Champ needs to slide over to the safety spot, he's not a cover guy any longer ... they need a better lineup at RB to be honest. As soon as Moreno went out, they lost a lot and that is odd for me to say. The other guys couldn't pick up blitzes and were liabilities in areas.

Overall, this team needs some tweaking and they can build on the success in 2013. Tough schedule though... NFCE teams plus, Ravens and Patriots again. Should be interesting.

I'm slowly looking at all this through the eyes of my 6 year old. When I told him about the loss (they were playing in the other room), he said "Oh man, I don't like that other team - you wanna play Legos?"

So, yeah ... there's more important stuff, but it would really be sweet to have moved on. Oh well, you kids enjoy - I'll log in a bit after the storm dies down a bit. STFU

Hootie 01-13-2013 10:39 AM

I had a Chiefs level meltdown during a Broncos...loss.

I decided around halftime of the 49ers game I have to quit Peyton. I can never cheer for the Broncos again. I was pretty disgusted with myself once I thought about it.

COchief 01-13-2013 10:45 AM

I just can't feel sorry for any fans who have seen their team go to 5 SBs in recent history winning two while we have one or two playoffs wins in that span. Tough shit, 32 other teams are trying to do the same thing every year.

Plus you were all lulled into thinking you had a good team because of Manning, you don't. Your D-line, Safeties, TEs, RBs, and WRs (Peyton effect) are all extremely average and are really "just a guy" type starters.

/deal with it

notorious 01-13-2013 10:53 AM

JFC

A Chiefs fan crying about Denver losing in the playoffs. WTF?!

Hootie 01-13-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9312993)
JFC

A Chiefs fan crying about Denver losing in the playoffs. WTF?!

in fairness

I've been a well documented Peyton fan for years on this board

ROFL

Mile High Mania 01-13-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 9312971)
I just can't feel sorry for any fans who have seen their team go to 5 SBs in recent history winning two while we have one or two playoffs wins in that span. Tough shit, 32 other teams are trying to do the same thing every year.

Plus you were all lulled into thinking you had a good team because of Manning, you don't. Your D-line, Safeties, TEs, RBs, and WRs (Peyton effect) are all extremely average and are really "just a guy" type starters.

/deal with it

Not really...

ct 01-13-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9312862)
I hope you look back in a couple of years and say 2-14 was worth it to get a high calliber coach, and a franchise QB.

Why wait? Ill say it now. In fact, these igits should hv done this last year, on purpose! But now we are FULLY rid of pioli, so that's pretty sweet too.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 11:10 AM

You got ****ed, fraud.

Prison Bitch 01-13-2013 11:11 AM

Thank you for trading away Kaepernick for Rahim Moore.

Ebolapox 01-13-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9312954)
I had a Chiefs level meltdown during a Broncos...loss.

I decided around halftime of the 49ers game I have to quit Peyton. I can never cheer for the Broncos again. I was pretty disgusted with myself once I thought about it.

yeah, that was ****ing pathetic.

Hootie 01-13-2013 11:21 AM

well I admit I like $$$ and fantasy football more than I care about Denver losing because I'm a Chiefs fan

Pasta Little Brioni 01-13-2013 11:21 AM

Go Chiefs is the "Fraud Whisperer"

Oh Snap 01-13-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9312774)
Exactly. And yes, OP is a solid dude. I just hate when fans won't admit how much of a ****ing disaster a loss like yesterday is by throwing out the ol "well it was a fun regular season".

I was never sold on the Donks this year because they played a supremely weak schedule and went what, 1-4 against winning teams?

But yeah, they had a shitty season. To go 13-3 and go one and done feels beyond awful. We all know this.

People like you forget that it's just a game. Denver had a great season. We've been there too, back in 2003. It sucked at the time, but Denver has a lot to look forward to so long as manning is there.

GoChargers 01-13-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Truth. 2006 was a shitty-ass season in my book simply because of Marlon McCree and Marty Schottenheimer.

If I were a Denver fan, I'd never even want to think about this season again. Just block it from memory and move on to the next one.

TheGuardian 01-13-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oh Snap (Post 9313317)
People like you forget that it's just a game. Denver had a great season. We've been there too, back in 2003. It sucked at the time, but Denver has a lot to look forward to so long as manning is there.

Not really. Manning is a perennial playoff choker. So no, not really.

tooge 01-13-2013 02:29 PM

Well MHM, it sucks to be donko fan for sure. I'm big enough to admit I was wrong about Manning being able to play at a high level this year. I also know that he is too old, his arm too weak, and he can't hack it in cold weather. Moving forward, that doesn't bode well for you guys.

manchambo 01-13-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9312790)

pretty much had one shot

Good lord. The game was won and the secondary made a play that will go down in history among the worst **** ups ever in a playoff game. If Moore could have just managed the incredible fuqtardedness of allowing a 60 yard completion then tackling the receiver Denver probably wins. But this is clearly a sign that manning is washed up, despite one of the best regular seasons of his career.

King_Chief_Fan 01-13-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manchambo (Post 9314814)
Good lord. The game was won and the secondary made a play that will go down in history among the worst **** ups ever in a playoff game. If Moore could have just managed the incredible fuqtardedness of allowing a 60 yard completion then tackling the receiver Denver probably wins. But this is clearly a sign that manning is washed up, despite one of the best regular seasons of his career.

Denver had an anomoly happen in a punt and kick return for TD.
Let's be clear and more transparent about ALL the little **** ups that were made....coverage on kick offs and punts were major foul ups by Baltimore

AussieChiefsFan 01-13-2013 04:12 PM

Fox went Marty. Manning went favre. Sorry man.

listopencil 01-13-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9312787)
Oh yeah and KnowMo got crotch kicked, lost bet, off the planet for a year IIRC.

That's almost worth it. Not really, bit it makes the loss easier to take anyway. Meh. Not gonna go over all of the stupid shit that happened. There was plenty of blame to go around, and there were several blatantly obvious bad calls that didn't help us out any. The team is talented enough to do well but just doesn't have all the pieces yet. And the coaching staff needs to grow some balls on the Offensive side. They blew a shot at a Lombardi and you don't get many of those. This loss felt a lot like that home loss to Jacksonville way back when. We went on to win the next two Super Bowls though. We'll see what happens next.

Rain Man 01-13-2013 04:24 PM

Fans of the enemy or not, our local Broncos fans on CP are good folk, and I empathize with their pain of flopping on a home-field advantage. I know that pain all too well.

FlaChief58 01-13-2013 04:29 PM

Stay Classy dude. I wont go as far as to say that I feel sorry for you but, I do feel your pain. Lets hope that the Chiefs field a real NFL team this year so we can get some good games when we play eachother

Easy 6 01-13-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

If that turd safety of theirs had been in position, they WOULD have been a lock.

The ravens got incredibly lucky and will be bounced by whoever wins today.

TheGuardian 01-13-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9315034)
If that turd safety of theirs had been in position, they WOULD have been a lock.

Even without that play, the game was tight. Certainly, the donkeys were never a lock.

Kylo Ren 01-13-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Later.

I'd like to say something sarcastic, but we went 2-14, so I couldn't think of anything appropriate.

Rain Man 01-13-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

That play still amazes me. If you're a safety in that situation, how do you let a receiver get behind you? The name of your position is "safety". You should be running toward the goal line the second the ball is snapped. While I'm obviously not a Broncos fan, I almost hated to see that play from the pure perspective of being a football fan who likes defense.

Note that I said 'almost'. I still cheered and applauded. Since I was watching the game on a plane headed to Denver, I was in a distinct minority.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-13-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Not as big of a fluke as TWO return TD's. Only a fool would think a playoff game against the battle tested Ravens would be a layup.

notorious 01-13-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9315708)
. Only a fool would think a playoff game against the battle tested Ravens would be a layup.

:(

Pasta Little Brioni 01-13-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9315711)
:(

:p You WERE reverse trolling right? Right????

Easy 6 01-13-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9315708)
Not as big of a fluke as TWO return TD's. Only a fool would think a playoff game against the battle tested Ravens would be a layup.

It seems like huge punt or kick returns were as rare as finding a unicorn in the regular season, yet the playoffs have been full of big returns.

But two returns for a touchdown? thats hard to call a fluke imo, just call them good plays made against a good team.

They had it won, but between that safety dicking up, outfoxed not going for points with 30 seconds and two timeouts, and of course the Man himself making critical mistakes... it all adds up to MegaChoke.

NWTF 01-13-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9312767)
You would be better off dumping manning and trading draft picks for flacco once he is franchised.

In the end, did it really surprise you manning choked in a playoff game...and flacco won, again?

I guess not. Saw afterward Peyton dropped to 0-4 in the playoffs when the temp is below 40* and 9-11 overall.

Hopefully for Donk fans they dont get home field advantage anymore, get to play dome teams on the road, and pray to god if they make the SB that Rex Grossman is the opposing teams QB.

notorious 01-13-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9315722)
:p You WERE reverse trolling right? Right????

I'll shoot you straight, I thought Denver was going to fist Baltimore. The cold weather made me think it would be closer, though.

Like I have said, I've had some major Como Mojo going on since picking OU to beat Notre Dame.

Oh well, I am happy as a pig in shit that I was wrong. :D

GloryDayz 01-13-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Later.

It's all good, but I gotta think many of the other fans are this lady:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq...p8quo1_500.jpg

morphius 01-13-2013 10:00 PM

Denver was playing a much different team than they had faced a few weeks before, and Denver couldn't have played a much easier schedule the last half the year. Them losing shouldn't have been a shock to much of anyone.

I didn't think the refs did that bad of a job, and the call on Champ late in the game was the right call. The announcers completely missed that Champ had his arm on his back he was also keeping his arm from moving forward making it nearly impossible for the guy to get both hands up and catch the ball with.

BigMeatballDave 01-13-2013 10:11 PM

Denver could not have picked a worse time for their D to completely suck ass.

More than anything else, that is what lost the game.

Pitt Gorilla 01-13-2013 10:25 PM

Wait a minute. John fox is Denver's HC? That can't be right.