ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ****THE OFFICIAL DRAFT TYLER BRAY THREAD**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269117)

O.city 01-20-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9335951)
People are fooling themselves if they think that Dorsey isn't going to pick the BPA or if they think Geno is the BPA...

You are fooling yourself if you think position and need aren't part of bpa

Mecca 01-20-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9335975)
Will the combine and individual workouts be enough to raise him to the consensus #1 when he isn't playing in the senior bowl...?

The top QB's never play in the senior bowl, give me the last top 5 thought of draft pick that played in the senior bowl, it's standard.

The position alone will raise him a long with all of the workouts. Frankly the only thing Geno Smith has to worry about is another one of the QB's passing him.

Mecca 01-20-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9335990)
Who says he isn't there now?

Mel Kiper isn't being paid millions by a team to make that call you know...

Kiper is busy creating buzz for the guys who's agents paid him.

Ceej 01-20-2013 04:23 PM

When can we expect the Colin Klein thread, Mr. Tomahawk?

Mecca 01-20-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9336007)

ROFL

Bewbies 01-20-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9335999)
Kiper is busy creating buzz for the guys who's agents paid him.

Yep.

Mecca 01-20-2013 04:27 PM

The only thing Geno Smith has to worry about is another QB passing him, physically he doesn't have flaws so he should workout great, Tyler Wilson I'd say is similar in that regard. Their worry should be that Matt Barkley who doesn't have the same talent and does have a few physical flaws will likely interview better as he wins intangibles..

So what does a team prefer?

Mr_Tomahawk 01-20-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9335990)
Who says he isn't there now?

Mel Kiper isn't being paid millions by a team to make that call you know...

Again...you would see his name #1 overall on mocks just like how Luck was the consensus #1 on most mocks this time last year.

If you put a lot of stock into Bucky's and WalterFootball's mock drafts...go for it. But most mocks I see, Geno isn't the consensus #1.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-20-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9336007)

Don't be discouraged by your own football IQ...it's kind of cute in a dumb way.

jd1020 01-20-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9336055)
Again...you would see his name #1 overall on mocks just like how Luck was the consensus #1 on most mocks this time last year.

If you put a lot of stock into Bucky's and WalterFootball's mock drafts...go for it. But most mocks I see, Geno isn't the consensus #1.

The overwhelming majority believe that Geno is the #1 and the ones that don't believe that Geno is still the #1 QB.

Mecca 01-20-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Yea because the once in 20 years QB isn't there we can't take one first. I bet Miami is thrilled they thought this and drafted Jake Long and Chad Henne instead of Matt Ryan, that worked out real well for them eh? So then they had to take Tannehill in the top 10 a few years later.

Matt Ryan is worth more than all 3 of those players combined.

Ceej 01-20-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9336064)
Don't be discouraged by your own football IQ...it's kind of cute in a dumb way.

Dumb.

Much like these "OFFICIAL" ****ing threads.

Colin Klein is this year's Kaepernick, don't you know?

Start the thread!!!

SAUTO 01-20-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

most mocks have Geno number one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr_Tomahawk 01-20-2013 04:34 PM

Is anyone willing to put a signature bet on it for the offseason...?

If we draft Geno with the #1 overall pick...you can have right to my signature for the remainder of the offseason.

If we don't draft Geno #1 overall...I get rights to your signature for the offseason.

I am confident we will not take Geno #1 overall....how confident are you all? It is kind of the premise of this whole thread.

Bewbies 01-20-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

I don't put much stock into mocks at all. Some guy blogging from his mom's basement is not a GM for an NFL franchise.

I used to like the 3rd one that came out the day before the draft by that guy that used to write for the Dallas Morning News. But he was uber connected, so his was quite a bit different.