ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Amazing Spider Man trailer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=247350)

Bump 07-20-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7759301)
I don't know what's epically gayer. Tobey as Spider-Man or this guy.

Tobey kicked ass as Spiderman

Deberg_1990 07-20-2011 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 7759265)
IMO, this is like the Hulk remake with Edward Norton - no ****ing point.

1. Ang Lee's version sucked, Marvel was smart to reboot it.
2. It wasnt an Origin story, Marvel was smart to avoid that.
3. They needed to tie it into the Avengers movie series and tone.

I think Sony still owns the Spider Man rights? I dont think this is a Marvel Studios production like the Avengers series. I could be wrong...

ModSocks 07-20-2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7759193)
2. It looks like postmodern/Emo dark and brooding crap.... doesnt fit the tone of Spider Man

This. It looks like a lame attempt to redo Spiderman the same way Nolan re made the Batman series.

Bump 07-20-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 7759457)
This. It looks like a lame attempt to redo Spiderman the same way Nolan re made the Batman series.

ya, only Spiderman was very solid or at least the first 2 films. I'm all for a transformers redo though.

MOhillbilly 07-20-2011 02:52 PM

pretty sure we already seen this piece of shit.

CoMoChief 07-20-2011 03:09 PM

horrible

Sure-Oz 07-20-2011 04:50 PM

Meh, its just too soon to remake it imo

Deberg_1990 07-20-2011 06:25 PM

Yea, i was just reading up on this....Sony/Columbia does still own the rights to this, just like FOX still controls the X-Men.

The reason they keep making Spiderman and X-men is because the studios will lose control over them and the rights will revert back to Marvel Studios if they dont continue making movies. Im sure Marvel would love to control these two properties again.

Brock 07-20-2011 06:28 PM

Blah, stupid.

Bowser 07-20-2011 06:38 PM

Zero interest in this.

rocknrolla 07-20-2011 06:47 PM

Same god damn story over and over and over. It's getting really old.

Tribal Warfare 07-20-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7759377)
1. Ang Lee's version sucked, Marvel was smart to reboot it.
2. It wasnt an Origin story, Marvel was smart to avoid that.
3. They needed to tie it into the Avengers movie series and tone.

I think Sony still owns the Spider Man rights? I dont think this is a Marvel Studios production like the Avengers series. I could be wrong...

they are going for another money frab of course because they'll lose the rights to Spiderman if they didn't make another movie within the 3 year window after the last one. Then the full property rights go back to Marvel

Deberg_1990 07-20-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 7760150)
they are going for another money frab of course because they'll lose the rights to Spiderman if they didn't make another movie within the 3 year window after the last one. Then the full property rights go back to Marvel

Yes exactly...see post #23

Red Brooklyn 07-21-2011 01:09 PM

So, somehow, eventually, the rights will get back to Marvel and we can all look forward to yet another reboot. In the meantime, I really don't think this trailer looks that bad.

I think Garfield and Stone are very fine actors. I'm not really chomping at the bit for this, but it certainly doesn't look bad. I'll see it. Just maybe not in theatres. And I think it has the potential to be better than Raimi's first Spider-Man film.

Jawshco 07-21-2011 02:49 PM

Spider-man has always been my favorite comic book superhero, so I hope all movies about him are good. I was stoked when Raimi made his spider flicks. I'm a huge evil dead fan, and his first two Spider-man movies are two of my favorite comic book movies. The 3rd movie sucks out loud, so I try to pretend it didn't exsist, and wish Sam would have been given a 4th movie, but alas... We have yet another Spider origin movie.

This trailer is so-so. The tone of it seems a bit off. It overplays on the tragic parts of the story. Those elements are always there- so as long as this Spidey manages to handle it with his usual humorous quips I'll be okay. I like addition of Peter's parents- we haven't seen that part of his origin yet. New take on the web shooters is fine, & the costume is so-so. However, that POV nonsense looks like a poor video game. That part was awful- hopefully it's not in the movie.

Both the cartoons and the comics have rebooted Spider-man a few times. Now movies
Are following suit it didn't really bother me in those other medias so I'll try to give this one a chance.