ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football PFT: Wimbley Likely to Join Titans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257523)

Dante84 03-19-2012 09:59 PM

PFT: Wimbley Likely to Join Titans

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ear-agreement/

Quote:

Adam Caplan is reporting that free agent defensive end Kamerion Wimbley will spend Monday night in Nashville after today’s visit with Titans officials.

And per Caplan, Wimbley is “close” to agreeing on a five-year contract to take his talents to Tennessee.

Wimbley played strong-side linebacker on base downs for the Raiders in 2011. He would be a full-time defensive end in Tennessee, where the organization is looking to rebound from misses on Mario Williams and Peyton Manning.

Caplan reports that negotiations will resume in the morning.

So it sounds like there’s a good chance Wimbley will be a Tennessee Titan by noon on Tuesday.

prhom 03-19-2012 10:00 PM

Noooooo!!

Dante84 03-19-2012 10:01 PM

Yep. Poop.

DeezNutz 03-19-2012 10:02 PM

Whatever. Hali and Houston are great pieces, and there is this draft thing coming up in April.

MVChiefFan 03-19-2012 10:02 PM

Of course.

pr_capone 03-19-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8474355)
Whatever. Hali and Houston are great pieces, and there is this draft thing coming up in April.

Not gonna happen. KC is gonna take a QB in every round to finally find their QBOTF. I know this because Phobia told me that someone was at a pizza joint and overheard Pioli talk about it while Clark put his hands up a waitress skirt.

evolve27 03-19-2012 10:10 PM

AIDS MILK!

Ugly Duck 03-19-2012 10:33 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...df0go1_500.gif

Pasta Little Brioni 03-20-2012 05:39 AM

Would have been too expensive for a role player anyway. Looking forward to Houston building on his finish to last year. No reason to block a young, ascending player....like Belcher too.

Omaha 03-20-2012 08:36 PM

Well, they're supposedly not done, but I'd really like to see the get on with it. I suck at patience.

WV 03-20-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8474697)
Would have been too expensive for a role player anyway. Looking forward to Houston building on his finish to last year. No reason to block a young, ascending player....like Belcher too.

Agree on Houston, but I'm not so sure we haven't seen the ceiling for Belcher. That's ok for his role, but it would be nice to upgrade.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-20-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 8478117)
Agree on Houston, but I'm not so sure we haven't seen the ceiling for Belcher. That's ok for his role, but it would be nice to upgrade.

I'm all for sticking with the young guys as long as they are improving. Belcher fits that standard. If he continues his progress next year, people won't be pining to replace him (well not as many of course).

Draft and develop your own core and supplement through free agency. The team has executed that very well. Now a young franchise QB just needs to fall in thier lap and we'll be gold.

Omaha 03-20-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8478139)
I'm all for sticking with the young guys as long as they are improving. Belcher fits that standard. If he continues his progress next year, people won't be pining to replace him (well not as many of course).

Draft and develop your own core and supplement through free agency. The team has executed that very well. Now a young franchise QB just needs to fall in thier lap and we'll be gold.

I think Houston will have a monster year. I think adding depth is a bigger deal than replacing Belcher.

WV 03-20-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8478139)

I like Belcher, I just think he may be peaking. He had some nice games last year but I'm not sure how much he "grew". I'm also ok with going with him, but drafting a possible upgrade looks good too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 8478194)
I think Houston will have a monster year. I think adding depth is a bigger deal than replacing Belcher.

I agree on Houston, I'm looking for big things from him!

Omaha 03-20-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 8478203)
I like Belcher, I just think he may be peaking. He had some nice games last year but I'm not sure how much he "grew". I'm also ok with going with him, but drafting a possible upgrade looks good too.

If they can find a NT in FA, I think that might be a great place to score an upgrade or at least some depth.