ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Iowa State goes down (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=16057)

ChiefsFanatic 03-15-2001 11:26 PM

My bracket is busted now, but it was worth it. I usually go with the Big 8, but I love upsets (unless they involve KU.)

Someone on the other BB told me Eustachy was a better coach than Williams, well Roy never got beat when he was a number 2 seed.

What a day for upsets and close games.

That's why they call it Madness.

KCWolfman 03-15-2001 11:29 PM

Give Roy a chance... remember Rhode Island????

After all the posturing from you 12ers today, it was nice to see you knocked down a peg or two.

Big 10 - 1 of 4
Big 12 - 1 of 3

Neither are very impressive out of the gate.

oleman47 03-15-2001 11:32 PM

Between the Big 10 and the Big 12, I'm reluctant to even check my brackets. I love it.

ChiefsFanatic 03-15-2001 11:32 PM

I am not a Big 12 guy, I am a Big 8 guy. Iowa State choked. OSU should have maybe been invited to the NIT instead.

Roy has coached some teams that have underachieved (choked) but he would not lose to a 15 seed.

And what I told the other person was Eustachy made the Great Eight one time and that he needed to at least reach the Fina Four, or average over 20 wins for a stretch of time before anyone could claim he was a top tier coach.

RJ 03-15-2001 11:37 PM

The MEAC over the Big 12. You gotta love it. Those Hampton kids may never play in the NBA, but they've had a moment that can never be replaced.

kcfanintitanhell 03-15-2001 11:49 PM

A #15 over a #2?! That in itself presents the greatest argument against expanding the field to 120+ teams. If the Hampton players get no further in the Tournament than Saturday , this will be a lifetime experience for them. OMYGOD-I am beginning to hear "One Shining Moment" in the background-oh well, I guess they deserve it.
By the way, did anyone else think Tinsley's performance took a sharp drop after the Wooden Award thing?

Pitt Gorilla 03-16-2001 12:19 AM

cough.

ChiefsFanatic 03-16-2001 12:50 AM

I think Tinsley may be counting that NBA Jack.

As far as upsets go, I am one of the biggest KU fans around, but if they lost to a 15 seed, I am not sure how bad I would feel. I mean it would suck, but if they had to lose, it would be more palatable for it to be a huge upset.

Kids on these low seeds deserve it, if they can accomplish it. I hate it when higher seeds lose, and then say "We lost it, they did not beat us. We beat ourselves." STFU. Most times it comes down to what teams wants it more.

And in that same breath, I would say "Better ISU than KU."

DaWolf 03-16-2001 01:23 AM

When KU lost to Rhode Island a few years back, I about went insane. That team had all the pieces there. It was perhaps one of the most frustrating games I ever watched. And Raef taking the 3 at the end, yeah, that's the guy you want to take that shot. Oh well...

ChiefsFanatic 03-16-2001 06:45 AM

DaWolf,

Actually Raef is a very good long range shooter. However, in that particular game PP should have been given a clear out. Come to think of it, PP should have been given a clear out versus Arizona too.

It was frustrating watching KU lose with the best team in the country.

I hope MU beats Duke. I hat looking at the rolls of skin on the back of Shane Battier's head.

shakesthecat 03-16-2001 06:53 AM

Fortunately, I only had the "Clones going to the Sweet 16.
ISU's tank job the past 2 weeks has been very odd.
2 things happened. Tinsley's Wooden Award mess, and Eustachy, getting a new million dollar-a-year contract. Hmmm

kcred 03-16-2001 06:56 AM

Great Day, I think I am still in the top 138,000 in the CBS thing. I had the Cyclones in the Final Four. Oh well, there is always next year. Got the Jayhawks in the Great Eight. It was a fun day though, I only follow the Big 12 during the year, so I don't claim to know a whole lot about it, but watching some of the games yesterday was very enjoyable.

ChiefsFanatic 03-16-2001 07:03 AM

What was Tinsley's Wooden Award mess? I did not hear anything about it, but 2 people have mentioned it.