ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs An addition to the Pioli resume (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268114)

O.city 12-28-2012 05:57 PM

Or what we could do at CB? Maybe flip a pick to someone for a starting caliber CB.

I'd sign DRC, or Grimes in free agency for cheap, spend some money on Byrd, or flip a pick to someone.

O.city 12-28-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9246687)
Oakland has been trotting out JaMarcus Russell, Jason Campbell, Kyle Boller and Carson Palmer over the past 4 years.

Their QB situation has been just as bad or worse. You say we have more talent.

2 fewer wins over 4 years.

Yet those four are better than Matt Cassel.

Ceej 12-28-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9246678)
Finally, some common sense.

It is going to take time.

Too many people think this roster as it stands is just missing a QB.

Re: this thread

I haven't seen but one person saying we are a QB away from serious contention (maybe o.city).

However, a lot of people are saying a potential franchise QB would vastly improve the overall talent on the roster.

That's the boat Im currently in.

RealSNR 12-28-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9246678)
Finally, some common sense.

It is going to take time.

Too many people think this roster as it stands is just missing a QB.

Hmm... you know, I guess I just didn't realize that we were basically saying the same thing.

Ah well.

OnTheWarpath15 12-28-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9246693)

I haven't seen but one person saying we are a QB away from serious contention (maybe o.city).

However, a lot of people are saying a potential franchise QB would vastly improve the overall talent on the roster.

Where have you been for the past 18 months?

People have been saying it constantly.

Ceej 12-28-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9246696)
Where have you been for the past 18 months?

People have been saying it constantly.

Media center and fantasy planet. :)

I don't religiously post on the lounge to avoid people like the aforementioned.

O.city 12-28-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9246693)

Serious contention? No.

Being a .500 team? I think it could.

There are some definite upgrades that need be made. But I also think the QB situation and coaching staff severly handicap this team.

OnTheWarpath15 12-28-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9246691)
Yet those four are better than Matt Cassel.

No, they really aren't.

Amazing how people flip-flop. It wasn't that long ago that Cassel was a Pro Bowl QB that just needed more weapons.

O.city 12-28-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9246699)
No, they really aren't.

Amazing how people flip-flop. It wasn't that long ago that Cassel was a Pro Bowl QB that just needed more weapons.

Don't throw that at me. I've never once said that.

Cassel has never been a capable NFL QB

OnTheWarpath15 12-28-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9246701)
Don't throw that at me. I've never once said that.

Cassel has never been a capable NFL QB

Not at you specifically. Could apply to just about anyone here.

Just about.

Ceej 12-28-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9246704)
Not at you specifically. Could apply to just about anyone here.

Just about.

How was Applebees by the way?

O.city 12-28-2012 06:05 PM

To specify, all I'm saying is that we have the cornerstones in place.

Pass Rusher? Check
Star WR? Check
LT? Check

QB? Not so much.

If we hit on the QB, then we can start building farther along. But until we do that, it really doesn't matter either way.

FAX 12-28-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9246568)
Outside of QB, are the Chiefs more talented than the Colts? How are the Redskins possibly surviving during this difficult "rebuilding" process? Hell, what about the Seahawks, the least talked about good team in the NFL? That "rebuild" is a bitch.

Why in the world should the highest paid GM in the game get a mulligan, if one entire season can even be counted so lightly?

How should I know? I'm just a passerby in the football game of life.

But here's my best guess ...

When other franchise find themselves in the gloobering phase, they have the benefit of certain advantages the Chiefs simply do not possess. Namely, things like a more successful tradition or better coaching or stellar players at key positions (like say ... quarterback) or more recent experience in playing in and even winning playoff games.

As I see it, there are so many variables (schedule, fitting players into entirely new schemes or not, quality at key positions, or lack thereof, etc., etc.) that it's very difficult to isolate one particular gloober issue or (as the OP does) compare franchises in the way you wish to do, Mr. DeezNutz. We cannot magically snap our fingers and become the Redskins or the Seahawks or the Colts or anybody else.

I'll give you a couple of examples of what I mean ...

The Chiefs have been historically bad at things like developing players. Unless we draft a player who enters the league with franchise or near-franchise talent and a driving, personal desire to improve (say ... a Tony Gonzalez type) we rarely see them improve from "okay" to "great". We've had a few, but not many. Additionally, the Chiefs seem to suck at what some people call "complimentary football". We either have a good offense and a bad defense or vice versa. That means when we try and gloober (like those teams you mention) we are working from a fundamental, organizational, systemic disadvantage. It's the reason we are always the league's ugly bridesmaids. And until those fundamentals change, we'll always suck when it counts the most.

And perhaps most importantly, I'm not sure that other franchises (the good ones, I mean) maintain the inherent loser mentality that the Chiefs have cultivated for some 50 years. In social terms, those franchises have a "high bottom" whereas ours is apparently bottomless.

FAX

Hootie 12-28-2012 06:32 PM

I don't even know what OTWP is arguing anymore. Oh well.

-King- 12-28-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9246791)
I don't even know what OTWP is arguing anymore. Oh well.

KC players suck! Other teams players are Gods!