ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft So who won the draft? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272635)

Rasputin 04-30-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9645583)
Rams raped the draft

Jets
Bills

I'd trade our drafts straight up for them, particularly rams and jets

but hey we got a game changing LT to replace the hole we don't have at LT, and didn't doing anything risky...

avoiding risk is the reason we've had such success over the years.../all chiefs fans

So you think the Rams made up for giving away the second pick of the 2012 draft? They took in a heap of picks from the Redskins. RGIII is big risk (injuries) but huge reward imo but he is only good if he can stay on the field.

HemiEd 04-30-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9645541)
I hope so. I don't want to be a part of a fanbase that looks like the crowd at Talladega.

Tooooo Late, ROFL Have you been to a game lately?

loochy 04-30-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9645356)
Aaaaaaand I stopped reading right there.... ROFL

Why? He's the best QB from this draft. He didn't say best PLAYER.

notorious 04-30-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9645595)
Tooooo Late, ROFL Have you been to a game lately?

2006 Baltimore. We got anally raped, and I vowed that I wouldn't be back until we got a franchise QB.

Sticking to my guns.

ct 04-30-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9644410)
I agree they do draft well, but their FO is not without it's problems. They were butt****ed from the cap and had to let a lot of good talent walk.

Exit aging Ed Reed and one dimensional Bernard Pollard, enter Michael Huff and Matt Elam. WIN!
Exit aging Ray Lewis, enter far cheaper and expected to be very solid ILB Arthur Brown. PUSH?
Exit overrated Paul Kruger, enter steal of the off season, and HUGE upgrade in Elvis Dumerville. WIN!!
Traded Anguan Bolden for a 6th, which they used to trade up and steal Arthur Brown. LOSS (slight one)

Other losses:
- CB Cary Williams
- LB Danelle Ellerbe
? LT Bryant McKinnie

Other additions:
+ DE Chris Canty
+ DE Marcus Spears
+ DL Brandon Williams (draft)
+ DE/OLB John Simon (draft)

Ravens have always been a team to have youngsters ready to step into starting roles, which they will need at CB and ILB, since it already appears the Rolando McClain project is a bomb, and possibly WR, as I do not see Jacoby Jones as an full time starter. However w/ Rice, Pierce, Smith, Pitta and Dickson, and Jones/Streeter to fill in WR2/3, I don't see a problem in the receiving corp.

Overall, I hardly see a team getting butthurt here.

ct 04-30-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9645360)
Potential backups with basically every pick?

Nico Johnson, Eric Fisher, Braden Wilson and Sanders Commings (pfft like Kendrick Lewis will beat him out) will all start and Kelce is gonna get a ton of playing time.

And how can you say that Kush and Catapano suck? You don't know anything about them. Reid said Kush was a sleeper in league circles and everyone was impressed with Catapano.

I'm not saying they are world beaters, but good God.

This imo is far closer to the truth than any anti true fan will ever admit. I'm in the camp that Kelce will beat out both Moeaki and Fasano for the majority of passing reps.

While wilson may very well be our starting FB, I would sure preferred something else.

Davis was the only true why TF would they do that pick for me. Why not take an edge tweener in DE/OLB Alex Okafor as well as ILB Niko Johnson with those 2 picks end of 3rd / beginning of 4th, and pick a RB later in the 6th instead of drafting a FB for cryin out loud? FBs should be UDFA, imo.

Anyway, I give KC a B- grade, for the late 3rd RB and failure to obtain a 2nd round pick fails, but plus grades for Fisher, Kelce, Johnson, and I'm kinda excited about the C Kush, really like what i've heard about him. Better pick late in the 3rd would offer a solid B and a better pass rush prospect than 7th round guy from the Ivy League might have gotten B+ grade. He may be a fine project (Catepano), but gotta believe we could have done better (e.g. Okafor).

Kerberos 04-30-2013 09:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9644475)
Losers:

Chiefs

They basically drafted potential backups with every single pick.

Fisher isn't guaranteed to beat out either Albert or Stephenson.

Kelce is going to have to beat out Moeaki and Fasano.

Davis is definitely a backup and who knows if he can even beat out guys like Grey and Droughn for even rotational time.

Sanders Commings is third down guy who we took because Berry can't cover anybody.

Kush and Catapano? Who the **** are these guys? You're telling me that all the really good football players end up at U of Cal Pennsylvania and Princeton? Jesus...

Johnson is the only guy in this entire draft who has any starting potential at all outside of Fisher. A bunch of special teamers at best.

Kush is short for Cushman... :)

MahiMike 04-30-2013 09:18 AM

Arizona, STL.

That NFC West is gonna be fun to watch.

Halfcan 04-30-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9644369)
And now this is exactly how the world views all Chiefs fans. Like it wasn't bad enough before this...... now we're the midwest US McKenzie brothers from Strange Brew..

They are paid actors.

HemiEd 04-30-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9645605)
2006 Baltimore. We got anally raped, and I vowed that I wouldn't be back until we got a franchise QB.

Sticking to my guns.

Good for you. I am not going until they approach things differently either.

Nirvana58 04-30-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9645522)
The video has the NFL Network emblem in the corner, but God help us if that is from the last 10 years. :facepalm:

Well the girl behind the guy pumping his fist is taking a picture with her phone. So god help us.......

jAZ 04-30-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdumbGuy (Post 9644334)
Isn't it obvious? Dante Hall's mullet.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2n66pf.gif

What is this from?

Buehler445 04-30-2013 11:21 AM

I believe NFLN played that at the draft. I assumed it was the chiefs sponsored draft party

notorious 04-30-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana58 (Post 9645959)
Well the girl behind the guy pumping his fist is taking a picture with her phone. So god help us.......

Oh.....****.....:facepalm:

Sigh

patteeu 04-30-2013 11:38 AM

The way these shows often work is that they coach the audience to react with enthusiasm when the camera goes live. It's not always spontaneous.