ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Free Agent CB Byron Maxwell - Possible Help (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311366)

T-post Tom 11-06-2017 04:50 PM

Free Agent CB Byron Maxwell - Possible Help

http://www.highlandscashiersproperti...photo.net_.jpg

Seattle Seahawks

Maxwell was drafted with the 173rd overall pick in the sixth round of the 2011 NFL Draft by the Seattle Seahawks with a pick they acquired from the Detroit Lions after a trade for defensive end Lawrence Jackson. He saw time in nine games of his rookie season, mostly on special teams. His second season in the NFL saw slightly more action, while still only playing in nine games, Maxwell amassed 14 tackles, four pass deflections, one forced fumble, and one fumble recovery. In 2013, he was named the starting cornerback opposite Richard Sherman after Brandon Browner was suspended for a year for substance abuse, and became the new fourth member of the Legion of Boom. In Super Bowl XLVIII, Maxwell forced a fumble in the third quarter that helped seal the victory for the Seahawks. He finished the Super Bowl with four tackles.

As a full-time starter at cornerback for the 2014 Seahawks, Maxwell played in 13 games, missing three weeks with a strained calf. Maxwell recorded 39 tackles, two interceptions, and 12 passes defended. He intercepted Aaron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers in the NFC Championship game, helping in a 28-22 overtime victory that propelled the Seahawks to a second straight Super Bowl. In Super Bowl XLIX, Maxwell recorded five tackles, as the Seahawks lost 28–24 to the New England Patriots and failed to repeat as champions.

Philadelphia Eagles

On March 10, 2015, the Eagles and Maxwell agreed to a six-year, $63 million contract. Maxwell finished the season with 64 tackles, two interceptions, two forced fumbles, and 10 pass deflections. Maxwell allowed only two touchdowns all season, both to wide receiver Julio Jones of the Atlanta Falcons in the first game of the season, where he allowed nine catches on 11 targets. He missed the final two games with a shoulder sprain that he sustained against the Arizona Cardinals.

Miami Dolphins

On March 9, 2016, the Eagles traded Maxwell, linebacker Kiko Alonso, and a first round draft pick to the Miami Dolphins in exchange for the Dolphins' first round draft pick in the 2016 NFL Draft. The pick, which was for the 13th overall pick, was eventually used on offensive tackle, Laremy Tunsil. He started 13 games in his first year in Miami, recording 53 tackles, two interceptions, and a career-high 15 passes defensed.

On October 24, 2017, Maxwell was released by the Dolphins. (Injured hamstring and fell out of favor. Reportedly in good health. Worked out for Falcons today. Sure he would like an opportunity for competing offers.)

Sandy Vagina 11-06-2017 04:55 PM

I'm not really down on our CBs.. outside of Gaines.. who I loved as a prospect.

I hate Bob's wuss scheming. These CBs should be knocking WRs out of their routes inside the 5 yards allowed. Bend don't break is a miserable existence for a defense. The turnovers are NOT flowing.. and even the TD stops are dwindling.

If Maxwell wants to sign cheap, fine. Otherwise... go on with more Peters, Mitchell, Acker. Bob's not budging.. so don't waste resources.

Easy 6 11-06-2017 04:57 PM

Fine, bring him on... hell lets see if Jason Sehorn has anything left, whatever it takes to patch a defense together

T-post Tom 11-06-2017 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Vagina (Post 13203766)
I'm not really down on our CBs.. outside of Gaines.. who I loved as a prospect.

I hate Bob's wuss scheming. These CBs should be knocking WRs out of their routes inside the 5 yards allowed. Bend don't break is a miserable existence for a defense. The turnovers are NOT flowing.. and even the TD stops are dwindling.

If Maxwell wants to sign cheap, fine. Otherwise... go on with more Peters, Mitchell, Acker. Bob's not budging.. so don't waste resources.

In addition to his physical skill set, he would bring some veteran on-field leadership to the secondary while Berry is out.

T-post Tom 11-06-2017 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13203768)
Fine, bring him on... hell lets see if Jason Sehorn has anything left, whatever it takes to patch a defense together

Nope. Can't trust someone who couldn't hang on to Angie Harmon.

Bwana 11-06-2017 05:03 PM

Can he play on the OL?

Sandy Vagina 11-06-2017 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 13203780)
Can he play on the OL?

the OL's fine.. just ask Clay.

:facepalm:

T-post Tom 11-06-2017 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 13203780)
Can he play on the OL?

Probably not... but possibly DL in Sutton's application of the 3-4.

threebag 11-06-2017 06:32 PM

If it can't be Alex's fault CP will crumble.

Simply Red 11-06-2017 06:34 PM

Atlanta t'will sign

Reerun_KC 11-06-2017 06:37 PM

We need help. Any help. Can he coach D also?

Red Dawg 11-06-2017 06:40 PM

Can he make the OL tough?

notorious 11-06-2017 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13203768)

I'm done with white defensive backs.

threebag 11-06-2017 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13204015)
I'm done with white defensive backs.

Dirty Dan weeps

Sandy Vagina 11-06-2017 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 13203977)
If it can't be Alex's fault CP will crumble.

Fail, my friend. They got this, bruh... v

" see? if Mahomes had started right away, he'd have been free of the Alex taint that has corrupted his game during early development! "

.. and

http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/...384336932f.gif

Alex's fault, INTACT.