ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 610 Sports Big Show-Pioli is the only talent evaluator (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266221)

Mother****erJones 11-05-2012 08:31 PM

610 Sports Big Show-Pioli is the only talent evaluator

Listening to it today, Jaycie Pearson said he talks with someone in the know and they told him Pioli's the only real talent evaluator and the rest of his guys are just number crunchers. Thus the Poe pick.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-05-2012 08:32 PM

neat

Chiefspants 11-05-2012 08:33 PM

Justin Houston.

One homerun per four years makes it worth waiting another four.

jspchief 11-05-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9088457)
Justin Houston.

Houston isn't a homerun. At least not yet.

Mother****erJones 11-05-2012 08:35 PM

It makes sense. Because Pioli's drafts suck balls. He has to control all. So why have guys that actually know what the hell theyre talking about, give him advice on players.

Hammock Parties 11-05-2012 08:37 PM

Shockingly inept front office.

No one should have that much power.

aturnis 11-05-2012 08:38 PM

What numbers exactly do they crunch?

mnchiefsguy 11-05-2012 08:38 PM

One more reason Pioli needs to go. You need multiple people in the front office evaluating talent, it is more than a one person job. The GM needs to make the final decision, but the GM cannot evaluate every single player. He needs people he can trust to also evaluate talent and give opinions on how that talent can help the team.

chiefzilla1501 11-05-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9088441)
Listening to it today, Jaycie Pearson said he talks with someone in the know and they told him Pioli's the only real talent evaluator and the rest of his guys are just number crunchers. Thus the Poe pick.

He doesn't have a college scouting director.

The evidence is mounting up for why this guy is impossible to work for. First year, he doesn't give Haley an OC or a QBs coach. Third year, he hires a lame duck OC. Fourth year, he doesn't hire a DC. First year, he refuses to work with scouts just because they came from Kuharich. Fourth year, he refuses to hire a college scouting director to replace Emery. And in just 4 years, we've had a head coach fired, two coordinators fired, two coordinators who quit after just one year, and a head coach who was "demoted" from play calling duties.

Hammock Parties 11-05-2012 08:40 PM

See if you can find this audio on one of their podcasts?

I can clip it and put it on youtube.

Munson 11-05-2012 08:40 PM

Not surprising. Pioli thinks he's smarter than everyone else.

DeezNutz 11-05-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 9088505)
Not surprising. Pioli thinks he's smarter than everyone else.

But he has new glasses frames...

ChiefsCountry 11-05-2012 08:50 PM

Well the 2009 draft should have proven that.

BossChief 11-05-2012 09:03 PM

Notice how the 2009 and 2012 draft classes are much worse than the 2010 and 2011 classes? Phil Emery.

DeezNutz 11-05-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9088623)
Notice how the 2009 and 2012 draft classes are much worse than the 2010 and 2011 classes? Phil Emery.

2010 draft sucks.

DaneMcCloud 11-05-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9088568)
Well the 2009 draft should have proven that.

Yeah, it's really nice that a small group of us said this very same thing in 2009, but were summarily dismissed.

:shake:

DeezNutz 11-05-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9088635)
2010 draft sucks.

No idea why I stopped there; 2011 draft was also largely complete and utter shit.

BossChief 11-05-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9088635)
2010 draft sucks.

We agree to disagree on this topic.

Rausch 11-05-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9088648)
No idea why I stopped there; 2011 draft was also largely complete and utter shit.

In 4 years how many pro bowl players has he drafted?

'Nuff said...

ChiefsCountry 11-05-2012 09:10 PM

This fits in here. This was in the Post-Dispatch about Les Snead - the Rams new GM.
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/footb...52a90f4af.html

As the Rams go through their first season under head coach Jeff Fisher, the new general manager, Les Snead, has one foot in the present and the other in the future.

For nearly three months, the Rams’ scouting department has been scouring the nation, evaluating college talent in preparation for the 2013 draft. And Snead himself gets into the act; he’s not one of those stay-at-home GMs.

“I definitely like to get out,” Snead said. “That’s what I did as director of player personnel (in Atlanta). I can’t get out as much but I design my schedule where usually when we play away, that’s been when I’ve said, I’m gonna work my way to the game.”

So he may visit one college campus on a Wednesday, another on a Thursday, and then catch a college game that Saturday somewhere in the vicinity of where the Rams are playing that Sunday.

The mere fact that Snead watches college games in person differentiates his scouting philosophy from that of predecessor Billy Devaney. Devaney didn’t think watching games in person was cost- or time-efficient, and felt for the most part that he and his scouts could get what they needed from watching film of those games.

But Snead thinks there are benefits to watching games in person. Sometimes you can pick up something from body language, or get a better idea of effort by being at the game. Snead feels it also gives you a better feel for particular game situations.

He used the example of a receiver who may catch six of eight balls thrown his way in a game — a good day’s work — but drops a ball in a crucial situation. The pressure and intensity of the moment may not always come through on game film.

“So you may go, let me research how this guy is in crunch time because you were at the game and you could just feel (the intensity of the moment),” Snead said.

Snead completed the revamping of the Rams’ scouting and personnel department in the spring by hiring Taylor Morton as college scouting director and Ran Carthon as director of pro scouting, and bringing in Rich Snead (no relation) as a senior player personnel analyst.

When he was hired in mid-February, Snead said there wasn’t enough time to install his system for scouting and player evaluation before the 2012 draft and free agency period. So decisions were made based on the Rams’ past methods of gathering information, writing reports and evaluating players.

Once the summer hit, Snead began implementing his system — with some tweaks. Just as coaches beg, borrow and steal from other teams’ playbooks, Snead incorporated aspects of the Rams’ system as well as some things from the way Tennessee operated its personnel department during the years Fisher was with the Titans.

“I always want to evolve,” Snead said. “The process of the way we collect data, use that data to analyze and evaluate _ that process is very similar to what we did in Atlanta.”

Snead is big on establishing a “not-to-do” list.

“What are some things that we shouldn’t do?” Snead said. “Not necessarily wasting time, but taking time and energy away from what we think are the most important things. So in the way we store data, we pruned some things and simplified. My goal is I want these guys to always be going to one more game, one more (college) practice, watching one more game film because to me that’s the heart and soul of evaluating.”

Just as offensive and defensive playbooks have terminology that changes from team to team, Snead had to establish the terminology he wanted used in St. Louis.

“Our grading scale, per se, that’s more where I blended,” he said. “Here’s our Atlanta-based foundation. A little bit from the Rams, a little bit from Tennessee. So when everybody’s in the room, they’ve got a good feel for it.”

There are a lot of terms and adjectives used in scouting to describe what a player is or isn’t. So in implementing his system during summer meetings, Snead tried to define as precisely as possible what everything means in an evaluation system that is number-based but also has some color coding.

“So that my ‘good’ is your ‘good,’ ” Snead said. “My ‘very good’ is your ‘very good.’ The big thing is you want consistency. So if you’re using a number (grade), everybody knows what ‘seven’ means. You can’t talk about play speed in that meeting room and just say a player has play speed. I want to know: Does he have seven play speed? Six play speed? Five?

“Any time we talk about a trait that we deem important to that player’s success in the NFL, we’re going to have to apply a grade to it.”

As a rule, Snead doesn’t have many “street” free agents in for workouts or tryouts during the season. For one, since all such visits must be reported to the league office, he doesn’t like to tip his hand on who the Rams may like. For another, he doesn’t think it’s very cost-efficient. For example, why bring in four wide receivers for tryouts in September when none may be available when you need one in November.

“I’m not saying that’s the right way,” Snead said.

But it’s his way. Incidentally, Snead’s way included getting married during the Rams’ bye weekend to Kara Henderson, formerly of the NFL Network. With much work still to be done with the Rams, that may fall into the category of being time-efficient.

“So as long as we’re in football we can always have a flex anniversary,” Snead joked. “We’re gonna flex it to the bye week.”

BossChief 11-05-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9088648)

Your expectations are far off base if you think those drafts are complete and utter shit. Sorry.

mcaj22 11-05-2012 09:13 PM

2009 and 2011 are the biggest pile of shit drafts I have ever seen from a sports team not named the Matt Millen Detroit Lions

SAUTO 11-05-2012 09:15 PM

I'm shocked someone actually called him a talent evaluator.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz 11-05-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9088661)
Your expectations are far off base if you think those drafts are complete and utter shit. Sorry.

Not really. Does Houston save '11? Maybe. We'll see. But Baldwin is a bag of dicks, and Hudson has underwhelmed.

'10 is marked more by what could have been--passed on star TEs to take a broken one--than what it was/is.

DaneMcCloud 11-05-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9088654)
We agree to disagree on this topic.

It absolutely sucks.

The Chiefs could have had Gronkowski, Hernandez, Graham, Washington, Lee, Ward, Worilds, Tate, Spikes, Major Wright, Eric Decker, Bowman and so many more players that would have not only been immediate starters but impact players.

Instead, they got McCluster, Arenas, Asamoah and Moeaki.

FAIL.

DaneMcCloud 11-05-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9088692)
Not really. Does Houston save '11? Maybe. We'll see. But Baldwin is a bag of dicks, and Hudson has underwhelmed.

'10 is marked more by what could have been--passed on star TEs to take a broken one--than what it was/is.

One player does not make or save a draft.

The 2011 draft has been crap as well.

Baldwin is crap, Hudson couldn't get on the field his rookie season, Bailey's been a disappointment and so on.

BigMeatballDave 11-05-2012 09:21 PM

YOUR EXPECTATIONS ARE TOO HIGH

ChiefsCountry 11-05-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9088699)
One player does not make or save a draft.

2000 Patriots Draft disagrees with this theory. :harumph:

Chief_For_Life58 11-05-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9088693)
It absolutely sucks.

The Chiefs could have had Gronkowski, Hernandez, Graham, Washington, Lee, Ward, Worilds, Tate, Spikes, Major Wright, Eric Decker, Bowman and so many more players that would have not only been immediate starters but impact players.

Instead, they got McCluster, Arenas, Asamoah and Moeaki.

FAIL.

I thought arenas and brokaki were gonna be better then theyve been so far. I was excited about asamoah until I met him at a bar on the plaza raging one night. he looked like a fat teddybear. I immediately thought of ray lewis or clay matthews raping this guy at will

DaneMcCloud 11-05-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9088743)
2000 Patriots Draft disagrees with this theory. :harumph:

LMAO

BossChief 11-05-2012 09:29 PM

Cherry picking and grading players on their performance on other teams and not taking into account what would have likely happened if they were drafted in KC and were handcuffed to Cassel is silly.

Jimmy Graham, Hernandez, Tate, Decker...all these guys would be open and unseen just as Baldwin has been

I stand by my original opinion that the 2010 and 2011 classes were pretty good.

No flip flopping from me because I truly believe this teams problem is coaching, qb and GM overinfluence...not the remaining talent.

This is a talented team that has no quarterback or coaches.

Hammock Parties 11-05-2012 09:30 PM

Asamoah is a very good player, people just don't realize it.

He is the exception, not the rule.

ChiefsCountry 11-05-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9088755)

Asamoah was a second round talent that we took in the third. It was a damn good draft pick and most were excited with it on draft day.

DaneMcCloud 11-05-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9088771)
Asamoah was a second round talent that we took in the third. It was a damn good draft pick and most were excited with it on draft day.

I have absolutely no problem with the Asamoah pick but it's less notable due to the surrounding talent Pioli missed.

If Pioli had chosen Hernandez, Washington and Asamoah, the fortunes of this team may have been far different.

BossChief 11-05-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9088755)

Just watch what happens to Baldwin, Dexter and Moeaki when we draft Barkley or Smith. Similar stuff will happen as in Denver going from Tebow to Manning, but not quite as drastic.

Same goes for guys like Brown, Houston, Berry and Bailey when we get a DC that calls aggresive schemes like the second half of 2011 when rlthe defese was dominant more times than not.

ChiefsCountry 11-05-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9088785)
I have absolutely no problem with the Asamoah pick but it's less notable due to the surrounding talent Pioli missed.

If Pioli had chosen Hernandez, Washington and Asamoah, the fortunes of this team may have been far different.

The second round was a ****ing disaster and most said it on draft day as well. Arenas was a 4th round talent. McMidget was a major ****ing reach.

BossChief 11-05-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9088785)

The 2010/2011 classes would be SHINING if we had taken Dalton or Tannehill.

Hammock Parties 11-05-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9088796)
Just watch what happens to Baldwin, Dexter and Moeaki when we draft Barkley or Smith. Similar stuff will happen as in Denver going from Tebow to Manning, but not quite as drastic.

Same goes for guys like Brown, Houston, Berry and Bailey when we get a DC that calls aggresive schemes like the second half of 2011 when rlthe defese was dominant more times than not.

2011: It was Haley's fault.

2012: It was Cassel's fault/Romeo's fault.

Interesting that the players we know are talented don't seem to struggle. Bowe, Breaston, DJ, Hali, Houston, Flowers, etc.

ILChief 11-05-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9088814)

Interesting that the players we know are talented don't seem to struggle. Bowe, Breaston, DJ, Hali, Houston, Flowers, etc.

Breaston is struggling as bad as anybody on the team

tredadda 11-05-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9088494)
He doesn't have a college scouting director.

The evidence is mounting up for why this guy is impossible to work for. First year, he doesn't give Haley an OC or a QBs coach. Third year, he hires a lame duck OC. Fourth year, he doesn't hire a DC. First year, he refuses to work with scouts just because they came from Kuharich. Fourth year, he refuses to hire a college scouting director to replace Emery. And in just 4 years, we've had a head coach fired, two coordinators fired, two coordinators who quit after just one year, and a head coach who was "demoted" from play calling duties.

Wrong. Haley inherited Gailey and subsequently fired him. The lack of an OC in Haley's first year is on Haley, not Pioli.

BossChief 11-05-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9088805)
The second round was a ****ing disaster and most said it on draft day as well. Arenas was a 4th round talent. McMidget was a major ****ing reach.

Absolutely.

Go back to my draft comments...I immediately brought up Kris Wilson when we picked Dexter and was shouting at the top of my lungs for Cody.

I still think we should have taken Clausen at 36 and Cody in place of Arenas, but two bad picks don't make a whole class poor.

Berry, Asamoah, Moeaki and Lewis(who I'm not a fan of) round out an above average draft class. A solid b...just not an A.

Death2CasselFans 11-05-2012 09:42 PM

Matt Millen > Pioli

Millen never forced a bad QB like Cassel on the team

Mecca 11-05-2012 09:43 PM

And there were numerous people that asked the question why Moeaki over Jimmy Graham that's another pretty blatant draft day call.

Hammock Parties 11-05-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9088817)
Breaston is struggling as bad as anybody on the team

Breaston has been phased out of the offense almost entirely because of the idiots running the team.

Last season, when Haley was here and incorporating him correctly, he was a key part of the offense and doing just fine, even with Cassel and Palko chucking ducks.

BossChief 11-05-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9088814)

I was the biggest Haley supporter on this board and still think he would have had us in the superbowl conversations if he had a good qb to work with in KC.

Cassel.

Breaston isn't struggling?

Also realize that thee rest of those guys are veterans, not developing talent...or not developing talent is probably more accurate.

Mecca 11-05-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9088845)
Breaston has been phased out of the offense almost entirely because of the idiots running the team.

Last season, when Haley was here and incorporating him correctly, he was a key part of the offense and doing just fine, even with Cassel and Palko chucking ducks.

Breaston's a Haley guy and this GM is bound and determined to prove McCluster wasn't a bad pick, so there's the math.

Sorter 11-05-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9088853)
Breaston's a Haley guy and this GM is bound and determined to prove McCluster wasn't a bad pick, so there's the math.

QFT

BossChief 11-05-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9088840)
And there were numerous people that asked the question why Moeaki over Jimmy Graham that's another pretty blatant draft day call.

Give us a breakdown on what you think about what KC should do if we get the top pick. Geno Smith?

I know you probably love Barkley, but shoot us some positives and weighted negatives of the two.

Thanks, in advance

chiefzilla1501 11-05-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9088826)
Wrong. Haley inherited Gailey and subsequently fired him. The lack of an OC in Haley's first year is on Haley, not Pioli.

Semantics. It doesn't make the rest of the pathetic story any less true.

Hammock Parties 11-05-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9088852)
Also realize that thee rest of those guys are veterans, not developing talent...or not developing talent is probably more accurate.

Is McCluster going to magically develop good hands and speed with a different QB?

He has 5 drops and 27 catches. That's terrible, as are the 3 INTs he has caused, and 0 big plays due to the fact he is 5-7 and runs a 4.6.

Stop defending shit talent.

Mother****erJones 11-05-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9088862)
Give us a breakdown on what you think about what KC should do if we get the top pick. Geno Smith?

I know you probably love Barkley, but shoot us some positives and weighted negatives of the two.

Thanks, in advance

I was yelling WHAT THE ****!! I WANT JIMMY GRAHAM! :harumph:
There's certain players I like coming out. I wanted Darnell Dockett, instead we got Junior Siavii, I wanted DeSean Jackson but Im ok with Flowers. I wanted Tannehill yet we get Poe...Clark hire me!!

BossChief 11-05-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9088840)

It's a real shame the three ACL injuries happened...what might have been...also remember Graham has an accurate qb, Moeaki has a tunnel vision one with poor accuracy.

Flip flop the two and the tale is probably much different.

Mecca 11-05-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9088862)

Thanks, in advance

I don't think either is a bad pick or a slam dunk, I think Barkley is more mature and more pro ready. I'd say his ceiling may not be quite as high as Geno's but his floor is higher. I think even in a worse case scenario Barkley ends up as a good QB.

His leadership and intangibles are off the charts, I view him a lot as a Matt Ryan/Andy Dalton type.

Geno Smith I think could be great or could be out of the league quickly. I''m kind of hard pressed to think of an NFL comparison for him honestly.

With this team I'd probably go Barkley since I think he needs less coaching.

tredadda 11-05-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9088864)
Semantics. It doesn't make the rest of the pathetic story any less true.

I didn't disagree with anything else you said, just the wrong part. But hey......semantics.

Mecca 11-05-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9088878)
It's a real shame the three ACL injuries happened...what might have been...also remember Graham has an accurate qb, Moeaki has a tunnel vision one with poor accuracy.

I will still say no one can be surprised that Moeaki got hurt it's what he does.

ChiefsCountry 11-05-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9088827)
Absolutely.

Go back to my draft comments...I immediately brought up Kris Wilson when we picked Dexter and was shouting at the top of my lungs for Cody.

I still think we should have taken Clausen at 36 and Cody in place of Arenas, but two bad picks don't make a whole class poor.

Berry, Asamoah, Moeaki and Lewis(who I'm not a fan of) round out an above average draft class. A solid b...just not an A.

I wanted Sergio Kindle so I would have had a **** up. I know I really liked Carlos Dunlap and Sean Lee.

chiefzilla1501 11-05-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9088878)

I liked the pick at the time over Graham. Moeaki is a much more multi-dimensional TE. He's a good blocker, something you don't get out of Graham. Graham's success is largely built off of Brees being so excellent at spreading people out and excel in a pass-heavy scheme.

But let's be real. Moeaki is dropping a ton of easy shit. As a receiver, he has been an enormous disappointment. But yeah, I would like to see what he does with a better QB.

BossChief 11-05-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9088870)
Is McCluster going to magically develop good hands and speed with a different QB?

He has 5 drops and 27 catches. That's terrible, as are the 3 INTs he has caused, and 0 big plays due to the fact he is 5-7 and runs a 4.6.

Stop defending shit talent.

Hahaha

Dexter doesn't have breakaway speed, but he has ELITE acceleration and quickness. His size offers a smaller window for the qb to deliver the ball but saying his hands are bad is silly. The passes he has "dropped" were terrible passes and you know that.

Matt Cassel shouldn't even be in the NFL.

stonedstooge 11-05-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9088883)
I didn't disagree with anything else you said, just the wrong part. But hey......semantics.

I'm not sure a first time head coach didn't have a lot of direction with that firing. Pisoli's true colors show that

tredadda 11-05-2012 09:56 PM

Everything on this team, especially on offense needs to be observed by the fact we start the worst QB in the league. Give us a legit QB and then we can properly evaluate our offensive talent.

Mecca 11-05-2012 09:58 PM

You can't win in this league without a QB, a head coach and a GM, we are the worst in the league at all 3.

FlaChief58 11-05-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9088441)

So, this is all Pissholys fault? Huh, whoda thunk it....

BossChief 11-05-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9088882)
I don't think either is a bad pick or a slam dunk, I think Barkley is more mature and more pro ready. I'd say his ceiling may not be quite as high as Geno's but his floor is higher. I think even in a worse case scenario Barkley ends up as a good QB.

His leadership and intangibles are off the charts, I view him a lot as a Matt Ryan/Andy Dalton type.

Geno Smith I think could be great or could be out of the league quickly. I''m kind of hard pressed to think of an NFL comparison for him honestly.

With this team I'd probably go Barkley since I think he needs less coaching.

I agree with most of that and have been saying it for quite some time.

I see Geno as similar to McNabb and think that's his closest comparison.

I still favor Geno over Barkley at this point, but I guess that all depends on which coach is running the show come April on if that changes or not.

If we don't hire a staff that has the ability to develop Geno, Barkley will be a better choice because I think he could step right in and make an immediate impact.

BossChief 11-05-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9088917)
You can't win in this league without a QB, a head coach and a GM, we are the worst in the league at all 3.

Bingo.

Sorter 11-05-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9088891)
I wanted Sergio Kindle so I would have had a **** up. I know I really liked Carlos Dunlap and Sean Lee.

Wouldn't have been a **** up if he hadn't gotten wasted and cracked his skull, Tito style.

BossChief 11-05-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9088890)
I will still say no one can be surprised that Moeaki got hurt it's what he does.

Fair enough.

Hammock Parties 11-05-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9088906)
The passes he has "dropped" were terrible passes and you know that.

Those passes HIT HIM IN THE HANDS.

He has terrible ****ing hands and he's slow.

HE'S NOT GOOD. ACCEPT IT.

siberian khatru 11-05-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9088917)

Clark hit the trifecta.

Hammock Parties 11-05-2012 10:07 PM

Dexter has elite acceleration and quickness and...wait for it...his ability to use it has resulted innnnnnnnnnnnn.............3 missed tackles. LMAO

Hammock Parties 11-05-2012 10:08 PM

Dexter is ranked 76th (out of 89 WRs) in drop rate.

And you want to defend him.

**** off man.

BossChief 11-05-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9088936)
Those passes HIT HIM IN THE HANDS.

He has terrible ****ing hands and he's slow.

HE'S NOT GOOD. ACCEPT IT.

295 yards at the halfway point.

WHEN he gets 600, can you just wait till after the draft and get me an AUTHENTIC Barkley or Smith Jersey?

Hammock Parties 11-05-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9088952)
295 yards at the halfway point.

LMAOLMAOLMAO

Are you defending him with this useless stat?

Most of those yards outside of Week 1 have come in garbage time.

He does absolutely nothing for this team.

BossChief 11-05-2012 10:11 PM

Jamaal Charles has 154 touches...both are gonna come down to the wire.

BossChief 11-05-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9088957)
LMAOLMAOLMAO

Are you defending him with this useless stat?

Most of those yards outside of Week 1 have come in garbage time.

He does absolutely nothing for this team.

Nope...I've said my piece on the player...nothing else to really say. I think he will be a lot more productive with an accurate qb that gets him the ball on time...but I accurately saw exactly what Dexter would do last year and this year under the current circumstances.

It's gonna be nice not to have to pay for my qb jersey.

Mecca 11-05-2012 10:18 PM

I don't think McCluster is awful, he should give you matchup advantages in no huddle sets and motion and slot plays because of his position versatility but all of that goes out the window when you have Matt Cassel.

And speaking of that why does a team that has numerous versatile players run no motion or shifting or anything of the sort on offense? Talk about shitty coaching.

Saccopoo 11-05-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9088457)
Justin Houston.

Best Pioli pick:

Seventh round kicker.

Awesome.

In four drafts.

Sorter 11-05-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9088979)
I don't think McCluster is awful, he should give you matchup advantages in no huddle sets and motion and slot plays because of his position versatility but all of that goes out the window when you have Matt Cassel.

And speaking of that why does a team that has numerous versatile players run no motion or shifting or anything of the sort on offense? Talk about shitty coaching.

What is a shift?

You mean those things Vermeil used to do? Is that what you're talking about?

LMAOLMAOLMAO

Sorter 11-05-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9088980)
Best Pioli pick:

Seventh round kicker.

Awesome.

In four drafts.

It may or may not be a process.

Hammock Parties 11-05-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9088965)
I accurately saw exactly what Dexter would do last year and this year under the current circumstances..

He was playing a different position last year.

It's not remotely comparable. LMAO

You continue to defend this guy when he just doesn't make plays. At all.

It's comical as hell. He has 17 first downs ALL YEAR and most of those have come in garbage time when teams are playing prevent defense.

It's stupid. Give it up.

And he won't get 600 yards.

Mother****erJones 11-05-2012 10:27 PM

The Saints have their HC suspended, a terrible god awful Defense, stud MLB suspended and still have more wins than KC, though our one fluke W was against them