ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Stopping the run will be key to this game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278627)

Red Dawg 11-15-2013 04:47 PM

Stopping the run will be key to this game

It is every game but a gimpy Manning that has been beat up lately leads to them running more to control our pass rush. We got gashed in Buffalo so it makes sense. Stuff them and it will play into our hands.

Bowser 11-15-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 10190408)
It is every game but a gimpy Manning that has been beat up lately leads to them running more to control our pass rush. We got gashed in Buffalo so it makes sense. Stuff them and it will play into our hands.

That to go with stopping the screen passes and quick outs. Manning throws the ball ~ 2 seconds. Shut down Moreno's silly ass, play man, and anticipate those short throws.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 11-15-2013 04:51 PM

How mobile was that Bills QB?

Bowser 11-15-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 10190419)
How mobile was that Bills QB?

I'm guessing more so than Peyton will be.

FlaChief58 11-15-2013 04:54 PM

Yep, and we'll have to punch their recievers in the mouth at the line to throw jughead's rhythm off too so Hali, Poe & Houston have a little more time to kill

trndobrd 11-15-2013 04:55 PM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=152

Ace Gunner 11-15-2013 05:07 PM

*with DJ on the field, no team should ever be able to establish a run game

*this one will be won in the first 30 minutes of regulation -- or at least the Mannings will try to put this game away early and follow up with the run game

*Flowers on Welker is going to be awesome to watch

*Chiefs need to start playing for the playoffs whenever they play division rivals -- needs to start with this game, on to the Boltz game & then on to the Manning fest at Arrowhead

*Poe needs to step up in this one so the OLB's can get active, but he's got a good challenge ahead against the Denver interior line

T-post Tom 11-15-2013 05:13 PM

Pound Manning at every opportunity. No worries, Marty will pay the fines.

Mr. Laz 11-15-2013 05:24 PM

If you mean stopping the run while in our dime package, i agree.

gotta keep guys back to defend the pass and if we have to commit more guys to stop the run we will be in trouble.

Red Dawg 11-15-2013 05:47 PM

I tell ya we are getting zero respect for our defense. Manning is rated one this week and all their wr's are projected to get a td. I hope kc focuses on D. Thomas. Him being taken away be be huge but stopping the run is still my main concern to win. They will run more than they have this season this week for sure. The players have a ton of motivation from the media to come out like a bunch pissed of muth fuggers. Nobody thinks we can win.

Easy 6 11-15-2013 05:50 PM

I honestly don't see us having any trouble at all bottling up their run game, the reason being that i reeeally doubt Sutton does much crazy blitzing... nope, for the most part he'll rush five against five and leave plenty of help in the backfield.

Our five against their five? I love our chances... OH YEAH!

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-15-2013 06:28 PM

This is really a huge game for both teams. We win ,we are in command of the #1 spot , Denver wins they are in control. All the media has a huge question mark on the Chiefs. We win ,that goes away and we are a REAL team , not a lucky leftover 2-14 team. I think this is the most excited I've been to get a victory in YEARS !!!!! To beat Forehead and The DONKEYS in this way is just going to be amazing.

MagicHef 11-15-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10190519)
I honestly don't see us having any trouble at all bottling up their run game, the reason being that i reeeally doubt Sutton does much crazy blitzing... nope, for the most part he'll rush five against five and leave plenty of help in the backfield.

Our five against their five? I love our chances... OH YEAH!

Rushing 5 is blitzing. That leaves 6 defenders to cover 5 possible receivers. I don't think Sutton will want to do that very much.

FlaChief58 11-15-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 10190626)
Rushing 5 is blitzing. That leaves 6 defenders to cover 5 possible receivers. I don't think Sutton will want to do that very much.

And he won't. With the donkeys porous o-line, Sutton will bring 4 (which will be more than enough to get to Jughead) leaving 7 to neutralize the recievers

BlackHelicopters 11-15-2013 07:08 PM

We should definitely try to score more points than Denver.