ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   OK, Chiefs go 3-13........... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=9169)

Rausch 09-14-2000 11:00 AM

Who goes?
Who stays?
Who do you sign?
Who do you draft?

------------------
Boyce Berry
I may not be right,but I'm not wrong.

redbrian 09-14-2000 12:03 PM

Gone:

Peterson and his entire staff.

Gun and his entire staff.

Draft:

Mike Vick or Deuce McCallister.

Fat Homer 09-14-2000 12:06 PM

talk to me when they go 3-13, until then I still think they will be 10-6...even at that I think Raye, Stock and Schotenhiemer should be gone...Gun is on the bubble...I still think he can be a good HC if he gets out of the 40s and realized you have to pass to set up the run and not the other way around...

------------------
joe
"I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together!"

shakesthecat 09-14-2000 12:09 PM

Provided the Chiefs do this poorly, I would fire Gun and staff. My HC search would include:

1) Tyone Willingham - HC at Stanford. Great leader, motivator, teacher, and good offensive mind. He gets his kids to play over their ability and gives them the strategy to be successful.

2) Sean Payton - OC for NYG. He's turned what was a conservative under achieving offense around in one year. He might be able to do the same here.

3) Al Saunders - OC for the Rams. Has former HC experience. Is very familiar with this org, and might be able to bring Martz's playbook with him.

Some people would surely include Gary Cowton, OC for the Bears. I'm just not sure yet. His offense gets them into games they shouldn't be in (Chiefs last year and Vikes this year), but it can backfire very very ugly without a stud QB or against a stout defense.

------------------
This is Clint's signature!! There are many like it but this one is Clint's!!

Quarterback 09-14-2000 02:22 PM

First I doubt they would do this poorly. Their talent level is too high to fare this bad.

Now, if they did. The entire coaching staff would be gone. I'd quietly seek CP's successor. If none could be found CP could stay.

As for the draft, it would depend on what our weakness at years end is and who'd be available. Assuming the weak link is RB, I'd look at McAlister, the Maryland kid and Travis Henry from Tenn.

Gaz 09-14-2000 02:29 PM

If they go 3-13, Gun will be gone for sure. And with him would go his staff http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif I could see CP being kept if these wholesale changes were made in the coaching ranks.

Who to hire? This is where it gets interesting. I would love to see Norv Turner come in (either as HC or OC). He'll almost certainly be booted out of Washington. I would be happier if someone with some experience was hired. Maybe he'd bring Ray Rhodes with him as DC. That would be a good start. With a coaching staff such as this, we wouldn't need many player personnel changes.........and I am sure RBbC would have drawn its last breath.

Hoover 09-14-2000 02:52 PM

Stock, Schottenheimer and Raye (outta here), Gun will be on the bubble but let him finish the contract. I think if he thought he had a QB that wouldn't self destruct at any moment, we would see more passing. Therefore Grbac goes too... need help at OLB and WR. I can live the running backs utilize the short pass as part of your running attack, but that takes 3-step drops and quick reads, something that EG just doesn't do well. Collins is better suited to that kind of game.

Quarterback 09-14-2000 02:54 PM

The idea I've been toying with is Capers as HC/DC with Turner or Deberg at OC, though I could easily fit Tyone Willingham in as well.

I'm still steamed at Marty for stepping down days after Seifert was hired. He was the guy I wanted.

morphius 09-14-2000 02:59 PM

I'd LOVE to see Parcells as GM/HC (impossible). He could then hand-pick the rest of the coaching staff. Management problem solved in one step.

Of course he wouldn't hang around long, but I'd bet that one of the assistants he hired would make a fine HC as well.

------------------
This is my signature!! There are many like it but this one is mine!!

09-14-2000 04:15 PM

Until we get rid of Carl and offer a combo GM/HC position, we'll never get one of the "big" names.

------------------
Parker
ChiefsPlanet Administrator
Jimmy Raye for President...anything to get him out of Kansas City
[i]More Moreau</I>

Chiefnj 09-14-2000 04:27 PM

I, too, wanted Capers and still do.

I think 6-10 or worse will probably bring about major housecleaning. Capers would be a great HC. DeBerg as OC? Why not. Anything would be an improvement (of course, we said that when Hackett left).

Of course, if you want an old Chief QB as your OC, why not Montana? I defy anyone to say Joe couldn't run a good offense.

shakesthecat 09-14-2000 05:15 PM

You only have a slightly better shot at getting Parcells than of Vince Lombardi. It's about the same shot Peterson had of trading for Dillon with a club that refused any and all offers - zilch. He's an east coast new yorker, burned out on coaching and sticking to the front office. How do you entice him to come to KC? Try finding some canidates we could actually hire.

------------------
This is Clint's signature!! There are many like it but this one is Clint's!!

Chieffan 09-14-2000 05:33 PM

Please people, get a dose of reality. We could go 3-13 several times and Carl will still be here. There is precedence here. Am I the only one old enough on this BB to remember the Jack Steadman days?? Lamar believes in Carl and likes him, just like he did/does Jack Steadman (he is still heading up most of Lamar's other business ventures). Lamar will not fire Carl. Say it with me now.....Lamar will not fire Carl. Good, now go ahead and speculate on what Carl will do with the team if we go 3-13.

B^2