ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****Official 2016-17 NHL Regular Season Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=302758)

DJ's left nut 10-13-2016 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 12480620)
For me, it's...

1) Brown
2) Seabrook
3) Perry
4) Anyone else on the Blackhawks (DJ is correct. Chicago must have at least 6 raging assholes signed to their roster at all times)

Fortunately Matt Cooke is no longer employed so that opens a slot.

Then there's Brad Marchand who's one of those guys that's just a raging asshole...when he's on the other team but I would murder to have that guy on the Blues. So that kinda takes him out of consideration for this list.

Guys like Shaw, Tootoo, Seabrook and Cooke are guys that I have no interest in having on this squad at all. Frankly, I'm not sad to see Brouwer or Ott gone either.

RockChalk 10-13-2016 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12480646)

Guys like Shaw, Tootoo, Seabrook and Cooke are guys that I have no interest in having on this squad at all. Frankly, I'm not sad to see Brouwer or Ott gone either.

I would put up with '16 Playoff Brouwer.

Ott never did a damn thing for us. Was happy to see him go.

DJ's left nut 10-13-2016 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 12480692)
I would put up with '16 Playoff Brouwer.

Ott never did a damn thing for us. Was happy to see him go.

Brouwer potted a couple of goals but he also took some extremely stupid penalties. I never trusted him and like I said, I'm not sad he's gone.

Ott....ugh; I still can't believe we extended that asshat. WTF where they doing? A minus player who was completely offensively inept and had no concept of puck possession. He was a liability in every single way and yet we gave him a 2-year deal even after getting to witness how shitty he was after the trade.

3 goals in 2+ seasons and 2 of them were on accident (the one where he was trying to go high and fanned so badly that it just trickled through the goalies pads on a breakaway was particularly funny).

He was a special combination of stupid, dirty and bad. And somehow he was a fan favorite. I can only assume it's because his wife is a smokeshow.

Chiefs4TheWin 10-13-2016 05:12 PM

Raising the banner tonight! Wooo! Oven chicken will finally see a Stanley Cup banner being raised.

DaNewGuy 10-13-2016 05:53 PM

Cats game is blacked out can someone find me a stream please while I'm at work

C3HIEF3S 10-13-2016 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaNewGuy (Post 12481634)
Cats game is blacked out can someone find me a stream please while I'm at work

http://wiz1.net/channel25

DaNewGuy 10-13-2016 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S (Post 12481787)

Thank you sir

Indian Chief 10-13-2016 08:13 PM

Devils defense having a ton of trouble getting out of their own zone, but it's about what I expected. Schneider standing on his head fortunately.

DaNewGuy 10-13-2016 08:22 PM

Luongo just made a ****ing killer save.

DaNewGuy 10-13-2016 08:28 PM

That was ****ing filthy by Matheson LMAO !! Barkov gets the game winner in OT

Mother****erJones 10-13-2016 10:50 PM

Awesome opening night in Pittsburgh. Was late to watch the game due to writing a paper for school. Great to beat the Capitals anytime. Malkin was great, Fleury was solid and great in OT and the shootout, Hornvquist is my boy. Love that guy and how he plays hockey. Nice win overall for Pittsburgh and our first victory in our Drive for Five.

Anyong Bluth 10-14-2016 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobBlake (Post 12478869)
I haven't watched hockey closely for years don't know half the players

Either way, you're not pronouncing most of them correctly.

bricks 10-14-2016 06:40 AM

I had a dream last night that one day the Toronto Maple Leafs will be the cream of the crop of the NHL and win the Stanley Cup. Oh wait, I've been dreaming about this since I was born and it's only been 50 years now you know? I need to just keep on dreaming man. Like, cool. Haha

OnTheWarpath15 10-14-2016 10:30 AM

My God, the in-game department needs to be fired over last night's Blues pregame. My entire section was just dumbfounded at how terrible it was - we were all expecting better considering they've made such a big deal about it being the 50th season. (Which it isn't, lockout)

Did they show it on TV?

Good to get 4 points out if our first two division games, especially in back to back's.

DJ's left nut 10-14-2016 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 12481979)
Devils defense having a ton of trouble getting out of their own zone, but it's about what I expected. Schneider standing on his head fortunately.

Y'know, we still have a puck-moving defenseman available that wants to play on the east coast. We'll be willing to take Kyle Palmieri off your hands for him...