ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Peterson-Edwards-Kuharich on DT Tank Tyler (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=162162)

DaKCMan AP 04-28-2007 09:39 PM

Peterson-Edwards-Kuharich on DT Tank Tyler

CARL PETERSON: “Tank Tyler is another young man who we brought in this past week to visit with. All three of the guys we selected visited here. I personally was at his workout and there was certainly unanimity on this decision because he was the highest guy we had rated at that pick.

“We’ve addressed another need. We felt we would like to possibly get a couple of defensive linemen in the draft and we’ve done that. I think it gives us a very good corps of young players along with unrestricted free agents we signed.”

HERM EDWARDS: “This is a guy that when you watch him on tape you like how physical he played and how tough he played. He’s an inside guy who can play over the guard or the center. This all of a sudden allows us to get our tackles in order with a good steady mix of who’s going to play tackle and who’s going to play end. We have the luxury at the end of the day to dress eight defensive linemen and have a great rotation.

“He’s a penetrator and makes plays in the backfield. He’s a guy we liked, plays with a real good motor and can help us. He was the player that we had ranked as the highest on our board and we stayed with our board. He was still sitting there and we thought he could help us.”

BILL KUHARICH: “I had an opportunity to see him live against Clemson and he played very well. He’s very strong with a 42 bench press. He’s disruptive and can play on the other side of the line of scrimmage. Once again, he was the highest player left. We had a couple of guys left at different positions but as we said at our pre-draft meeting we’re going to stick with our board.

“This guy played on a defense last year with Mario Williams and Manny Lawson and another first round draft pick.”

Q: Does this guy have a good motor?

EDWARDS: “As you watch NC State play, whether it be the linemen or the linebackers or the secondary, every time you watched you noticed that these guys really run to the ball. That’s how they play.

“Now, this guy is a no-nonsense guy. He’s going to come to work. This guy is coming in here to win a job. That’s his makeup. That’s what he believes in. He’s about business and about football and about playing at a high, high level. He’s very, very strong. He’s a gap player. He can hit the gap and get on the other side of the line of scrimmage.”

Q: Does getting him change your plans for McBride?

EDWARDS: “Now, you can just leave McBride at end if you want and it can help you. You now have four ends and four tackles. It’ll be kind of interesting how we practice. Our offensive linemen better be ready because these guys are going to come off the ball now. We’re going to get a good picture.”

Q: Did you talk about the trouble he got into?

PETERSON: “We talked with his former head coach who is a 25-year friend of mine. We discussed all of that. I think the explanation was understandable and he suffered a suspension. But the legal aspect has been cleared up. He lost his composure. It was a learning experience and I think he answered that for us very well. We heard coach’s explanation as well. We needed to look at and we did.”

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/04...dt_tank_tyler/

milkman 04-28-2007 09:43 PM

That kind of confirms what I thought when we picked Tank.

Turk is going to be used at DE.

Coach 04-28-2007 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman
That kind of confirms what I thought when we picked Tank.

Turk is going to be used at DE.

Doesn't bother me, as long it means that Hicks won't see the field.

Eric 04-28-2007 09:46 PM

bump

milkman 04-28-2007 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach
Doesn't bother me, as long it means that Hicks won't see the field.

I think these picks, along with the signing of Boone, and re-signing of Reed, Wilkerson, and Ron Edwards mean we can tell both Hicks and Sims to take the shortbus out of town.

Coach 04-28-2007 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman
I think these picks, along with the signing of Boone, and re-signing of Reed, Wilkerson, and Ron Edwards mean we can tell both Hicks and Sims to take the shortbus out of town.

And I'll be damn happy to see those jokers being shipped out.

Dave Lane 04-28-2007 09:52 PM

OK explain to me how if we "used the board" that we just happened to have all 3 of our picks come visit us. If we had that much foresight as to who would be the top rated player available in each round when we picked I call bullshit.

This had to be who we liked in each round otherwise these three coaches are virtual gods.

Dave

ChiefsCountry 04-28-2007 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane
OK explain to me how if we "used the board" that we just happened to have all 3 of our pick come visit us. If we had that much foresight as to who would be the top rated player available in each round I call bullshit.

This had to be who we liked in each round otherwise these three are virtual gods.

Dave

You bring in 30 some players.

Dave Lane 04-28-2007 09:53 PM

I thought it was 10 or so?

Dave

milkman 04-28-2007 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane
OK explain to me how if we "used the board" that we just happened to have all 3 of our picks come visit us. If we had that much foresight as to who would be the top rated player available in each round when we picked I call bullshit.

This had to be who we liked in each round otherwise these three coaches are virtual gods.

Dave

You don't believe that a team can get a feel who might be around when they select?

Besides, aren't ther something like 20 player visits allowed?

Dave Lane 04-28-2007 09:56 PM

Guess it is 30 after checking...

BigRedChief 04-28-2007 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP
Q: Did you talk about the trouble he got into?

PETERSON: “We talked with his former head coach who is a 25-year friend of mine. We discussed all of that. I think the explanation was understandable and he suffered a suspension. We heard coach’s explanation as well. We needed to look at and we did.”

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/04...dt_tank_tyler/

Great. They talked to his coach. He's a friend of ours. He vouched for the kid. Sounds like the Sims pick all over.

cmh6476 04-28-2007 10:01 PM

so...

Hali, Allen, McBride & Wilkerson
Edwards, Reed, Boone & Tyler

:shrug:

the days of Hicks and Sims are now behind us? :eek:

PBJ PBJ PBJ

bdeg 04-28-2007 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief
Great. They talked to his coach. He's a friend of ours. He vouched for the kid. Sounds like the Sims pick all over.

If they had played favorites with the kid he may have been taken in the first. Definitely the second.

They stuck to their board, and it's awfully hard to argue he wasn't the BPA.

buddha 04-28-2007 10:53 PM

Even though the Browns kept jumping in front of KC all day, the Chiefs ended up with three good players in positions of dire need. You never know how things will work out, but there were no Kris Wilson picks today.