ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Francona out in Chowda land??? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250788)

Carlota69 09-30-2011 11:25 AM

Francona out in Chowda land???

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/0...-francona.html

The Latest On Terry Francona
By Mike Axisa [September 30 at 12:18pm CST]

As we learned last night and early this morning, the Red Sox and long-time manager Terry Francona are parting ways. Let's round up the latest on both the man and the team...

* Brian MacPherson of The Providence Journal says that Francona and owners John Henry and Tom Werner all left Fenway Park after a 10am ET meeting this morning without making a comment. The meeting was held to discuss the team's future, and no official announcement has been made about Francona.
* Mike Lynch of WCTB TV in Boston reports that Red Sox GM Theo Epstein told management that Francona wasn't working out six weeks ago because of a "lack of urgency." Francona was voted out 3-0 a few weeks later.
* Nick Cafardo of The Boston Globe says this is a truly mutual split, however (Twitter link). Francona would have been willing to stay on if some issues were worked out.
* There's a non-zero chance that Francona lands with the White Sox, but Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com reports (on Twitter) that they won't pay big money for a manager unless it's Tony LaRussa.
* In another tweet, Knobler says that an Epstein-Francona package seemed possible for the Cubs at one point, but he doesn't think it's likely now.
* Dan Connolly of The Baltimore Sun doesn't see Francona managing the Orioles next year for several reasons.

Bump 09-30-2011 11:28 AM

he can come to KC, lol. My friend is a real estate agent and she said that he has an appointment next week with her to look at a few houses in Leawood.

Demonpenz 09-30-2011 11:32 AM

Probably a perfect time, Dumbasses were throwing blue ray copies of Fever Pitch at him after the game.

Carlota69 09-30-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 7954977)
Probably a perfect time, Dumbasses were throwing blue ray copies of Fever Pitch at him after the game.

Thats a joke right? If true, what a classless bunch. Francona led that team to 2 WS Championships and multiple playoff appearances. I say SCAPEGOAT.

Crush 09-30-2011 12:17 PM

I hope Boston suffers another 100 years for letting him go. The guy brings them 2 championships and they fire him because Lackey has no balls.

Amnorix 09-30-2011 12:33 PM

Seems silly to me. Very silly.

But rumor is Francona also wanted out. That would seem less silly. 8 years in Boston would give any normal man an ulcer.

MIAdragon 09-30-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 7955067)
I hope Boston suffers another 100 years for letting him go. The guy brings them 2 championships and they fire him because Lackey has no balls.

He's had health problems for a while now. Id put money its more him wanting to go than the Sox FO pushing him out.

Carlota69 09-30-2011 12:45 PM

Looks like they are going to think about it...

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb

Demonpenz 09-30-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 7955005)
Thats a joke right? If true, what a classless bunch. Francona led that team to 2 WS Championships and multiple playoff appearances. I say SCAPEGOAT.

yeah it is a joke. The players didn't play well down the stretch. As frustrating as it is the manager means very little in baseball.

Carlota69 09-30-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 7955118)
yeah it is a joke. The players didn't play well down the stretch. As frustrating as it is the manager means very little in baseball.

ok, well I wouldnt of put it past red Sox fans...lmao...

whoman69 09-30-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 7955118)

I think the Cubs would disagree

Demonpenz 09-30-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 7955150)
I think the Cubs would disagree

LMAO LMAO That a boy luther!

whoman69 09-30-2011 02:16 PM

I was surprised how much Red Sox fans are still playing the Curse of the Bambino martyr even after winning two championships. Its gotta be frustrating working under such conditions. Most Red Sox fans didn't want to let Francona go until they heard that he didn't want to be there anymore.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-30-2011 02:20 PM

Amazing that they decide to can Francona and not the moron who decided to give 250 million to John Lackey and Carl Crawford, destroyed his office when he couldn't sign Jose Contreras, and gave a mint to Julio Lugo and Dice K.

Bump 09-30-2011 04:24 PM

hell, if he came to KC and won just 80 games in one season he'd be a legend forever. Forget about playoffs or a world series ring.