ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Say what you will but when the chips are down (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276464)

Iconic 09-19-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9999927)
Might as well just say you'd rather look good losing than look ugly winning.

5 turnovers starting at our own 40 yard line and the offense can only produce 1 TD? We have bigger issues then looking ugly. This 'ugliness' that you're white knighting as a win- will cost us games in the future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 9999940)
Hard to do that though when the line isn't giving you much of a protection.

The defense crowds the box because Alex doesn't test the edges. This isn't a symptom of bad line play but a resultant of poor QB play.

notorious 09-19-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 10000050)
****ing loved avery tonight, guess bowe is just a well paid decoy

I hope he comes around. We should be looking for Bowe in the Red Zone a lot more.

l4z4rd 09-19-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 9999741)
Not hard when he's 5 yards from you and uncovered...

definition of a slant

Chiefs=Champions 09-19-2013 10:32 PM

At the end of the day, when the chips are down, when it is all said and done, when the smoke clears.

DaWolf 09-19-2013 10:33 PM

Might help when we get some tight ends back in the fold. Honestly I went into this game thinking we're going to be lucky if we walk out of it with a win. D bailed us out, O was clutch when it needed to be. Glad we get some extra rest now, and hopefully a few extra days for the coaches to start tweaking what our O should be focused on running...

Iconic 09-19-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l4z4rd (Post 10000073)
definition of a slant

I feel very confident knowing 70% percent of our passing yards came from them. Bring it Peyton.

ReynardMuldrake 09-19-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chan93lx50 (Post 9999607)
To Avery No Less. What A Jem We Found!

Avery is outrageous. Truly, truly, truly outrageous.

Hammock Parties 09-19-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9999958)
I aint believing any of this until you take me out of your sig and avatar. ROFL

It's a long season, peckerwood.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-19-2013 10:37 PM

Donnie has some wheels

Earthling 09-19-2013 10:38 PM

Not pretty but I'll take it. Coming off a short week is icing on the cake for this win. Now a good rest and hopefully the coaches can mend some of the inconsistencies in the offense. 3 and 0 !!!

Frosty 09-19-2013 10:40 PM

I'm not an Alex fan but that long drive in the 4th was definitely clutch. Also, although you would ideally like to score more, the offense was able to burn a lot of clock and keep the Eagles' offense on the sidelines (obviously, the defense also gave them the ball a lot).

I was surprised at how many yards the offense ended up with. It didn't seem like much during the game.

Hoover 09-19-2013 10:40 PM

Those of you who are focusing on Smith's play tonight are idiots.

What do you want him to do, force the ball into coverage?

It would be nice if he had a decent tight end, a WR who can get open, an offensive line who gives him time, a line that makes holes for our running backs.

The good news is that I think this team will only continue to get better. Bitch all you want, but 3-0 is something to celebrate.

Chiefshrink 09-19-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9999485)
The offense comes through.

It ain't pretty...it ain't fancy....it ain't awe-inspiring....

it IS clutch!

When the offense needs to move the ball and score, we find a way. We ate a shitload of clock when we needed to.

We have a lot of work to do but at the end of the day, when all is said and done, we come through with solid drives and don't fold under the pressure.

Props to an offense that struggled all night long but when it mattered they delivered.

Yes Pete it is great to be 3-0. They are learning how to win as ugly as it may be but I will take it for now. Many many concerns still but I will refrain from being negative for now.

Chiefshrink 09-19-2013 11:00 PM

You know what will be interesting is now that Philly has lost 2 home games back to back against the weakest division in the NFL last year (AFC West) if the players/fans will still buy into this 'gimmicky offense' because I can see this going south real quickly. Remember when Spurrier left the college game and came to the NFL popping off about his high powered air offense and it soon fell on it's face ??:rolleyes: I think the same will happen with Kelly's offense as well.

vailpass 09-19-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 10000324)
You know what will be interesting is now that Philly has lost 2 home games back to back against the weakest division in the NFL last year (AFC West) if the players/fans will still buy into this 'gimmicky offense' because I can see this going south real quickly. Remember when Spurrier left the college game and came to the NFL popping off about his high powered air offense and it soon fell on it's face ??:rolleyes: I think the same will happen with Kelly's offense as well.

Maybe not the weakest division any longer?