ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Say what you will but when the chips are down (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276464)

RINGLEADER 09-19-2013 11:03 PM

Real difference is they commit to the run.

007 09-19-2013 11:07 PM

This offense drove me up the wall all night long. JFC Yet, when they absolutely HAVE to get the job done, they do.

I just wish they could do this more than a few drives per game.

petegz28 09-20-2013 08:23 AM

Just reviewing the drive chart of the 4th Q drive.

15 plays, 8:15 ran off the clock and a lead extending FG

Just HUGE!

The TD drive before was 8 plays, 4:45

so between 2 drives we ran off almost a full quarter

ThaVirus 09-20-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjjayb (Post 9999630)
Do you think it has more to do with the plays they are calling and the formations they are using? How many times did we go spread on 3rd and 1 and 2 tonight to come up with nothing?

That has a lot to do with it.

I mean, off tackle run from the shotgun with the tackle pulling on 3rd & 1? Jamaal runs for 5 yards on 1st & goal and you turn around and pitch it to that worthless ****er McCluster on the next play? Run Jamaal between the tackles from singleback formations all through the first 3 quarters then gash them for 50+ on stretch plays running out of I formations?

ct 09-20-2013 08:55 AM

That 4th qtr drive from the 5 or 6 yard line chewing up 8+ minutes was freakin EPIC!!

Phobia 09-20-2013 09:00 AM

That clock eating drive was bigger than the points at the end.

Sandy Vagina 09-20-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 10000186)
Those of you who are focusing on Smith's play tonight are idiots.

What do you want him to do, force the ball into coverage?

I think that's exactly what some want. They have no concept for the consequences... or they want Smith to fail, so they want him throwing high-risk passes.

Too bad. 3-0, whoooo!!!!!

Offense is ugly, but clutch when it counts.

craneref 09-20-2013 09:09 AM

Does this offense have a slant play? I know they do but why don't they throw it and take more advantage of the screen. I think Smith is best when he isn't hanging on to the ball. That said, the last two weeks the O has had HUGE drives to secure the W. I love the resiliency of this team. Go CHIEFS!!!

Sandy Vagina 09-20-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craneref (Post 10001439)
Does this offense have a slant play? I know they do but why don't they throw it and take more advantage of the screen. I think Smith is best when he isn't hanging on to the ball. That said, the last two weeks the O has had HUGE drives to secure the W. I love the resiliency of this team. Go CHIEFS!!!

They have been running some slants and screens... probably could be more.. but they are there.

DJ's left nut 09-20-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 9999928)
The offense has "it."

They just get the job done, period.

Andy Reid's a damn good football coach.

We're going to be amazed by the results of competent coaching.

petegz28 09-20-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 10001427)
That clock eating drive was bigger than the points at the end.

That's one of those kinds of drives that a season can really hinge on. We go 3 and out and Philly has good field position, most likely scores, game tied and momentum is gone and we probably lose.

I think the best part of that drive was all freakin' night we had struggled to sustain a drive then BAM!

Poise is the word that comes to mind. Heart as well. That is the kind of drive that not only builds confidence but can set a season onto a winning path.

DJ's left nut 09-20-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 10000052)
The defense crowds the box because Alex doesn't test the edges. This isn't a symptom of bad line play but a resultant of poor QB play.

Getting pressure when they send 3 down lineman is a symptom of bad line play.

They repeatedly dropped 8 into coverage and still got to Smith. It's damn hard to find an open man when 8 are back; harder still when you're only going to have about 2 seconds to throw the football.

Smith needs to play better, don't get me wrong. There were times he felt phantom pressure out there and he missed on a throw or two I'd have liked him to hit. But ultimately the Eagles realized they were able to drop guys into coverage and still get pressure on the QB - that's going to be a damn tough assignment for anybody.

TEX 09-20-2013 09:32 AM

I think if Fasano and the TE's were healthy, the offense wouldn't be as inept as it is at times.

Garcia Bronco 09-20-2013 09:32 AM

I watched the game and it was difficult to watch to be sure, but what was clutch was the back breaking 8-9 minute drive in the 4th quarter. Vick never plays well against the Chiefs. He does play well against the Broncos. The KC defense is legit. It will be interesting to see how they match up against the Broncos in a couple of months.

TEX 09-20-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 10001495)
Getting pressure when they send 3 down lineman is a symptom of bad line play.

They repeatedly dropped 8 into coverage and still got to Smith. It's damn hard to find an open man when 8 are back; harder still when you're only going to have about 2 seconds to throw the football.

Smith needs to play better, don't get me wrong. There were times he felt phantom pressure out there and he missed on a throw or two I'd have liked him to hit. But ultimately the Eagles realized they were able to drop guys into coverage and still get pressure on the QB - that's going to be a damn tough assignment for anybody.

This.