ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Money Need some advice regarding credit histories (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266370)

Buehler445 11-08-2012 04:00 PM

Need some advice regarding credit histories

We have a guy working for us that is trying to get approved to buy a house. Whatever bank he is using told him that he is intelligible for a mortgage because he has "no credit". While he doesn't have any active credit (loans, credit cards, charge accounts etc.), he does have some credit history. He had some student loans and an auto loan that are paid off.

He tried to call his previous creditors, but I think he is getting $7/hr jackasses that know nothing.

I'm kind of at a loss as to what to tell him. Can you really not get a loan if you don't have any current liabilities? He paid his other loans off early because he was being studious.

Does he have any recourse here? What is the best course of action?

StcChief 11-08-2012 04:03 PM

find a new bank or credit union, not everybody works that way.

Gonzo 11-08-2012 04:06 PM

Or have him get with his power, phone and insurance companies to write a reference/reccomendation.

Buehler445 11-08-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StcChief (Post 9099097)
find a new bank or credit union, not everybody works that way.

To obtain a mortgage? There isn't much he can do about his previous loans.

hometeam 11-08-2012 04:09 PM

This is right up my alley.

It is possible to have a credit history without a score, and that usually happens when it has been a long time since you have actually had said credit in the past. For example, you had some credit history, paid everything down and havent had credit cards, payments, etc of any kind.

His best bet is to find a local bank that cares about him who will look at all bureaus and possible avenues to get him financed. Or, he can get a copy of his own credit report. Hell, if he wants to he can contact me, Ill pull it, and tell him what his score/credit looks like without bsing him becuase im working on a loan commission. If you want to go that route just pm me.

If he really has a 0 score, even with history, its safe to say that he will be treated like everyone else with no score, they will tell him to get a co-signer etc.

hometeam 11-08-2012 04:12 PM

an addendum -

Lenders could give two shits about the person in any way, they live by the score given out by the 3 credit agencys. If he is a true zero then he likely has no recourse except to get some credit even if he is just making payments on the credit with the money he borrows.

DaFace 11-08-2012 04:15 PM

Has he pulled a credit report just to see what it is that they're looking at? If not, that's probably worth the $10.

Buehler445 11-08-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9099131)
Has he pulled a credit report just to see what it is that they're looking at? If not, that's probably worth the $10.

I'm not sure if he has or not. I'd think the bank would show it to him.

hometeam 11-08-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9099131)

Ill pull all 3 of his scores for free if he wants me too, and shoot him straight on what they mean.

Buehler445 11-08-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9099119)
This is right up my alley.

It is possible to have a credit history without a score, and that usually happens when it has been a long time since you have actually had said credit in the past. For example, you had some credit history, paid everything down and havent had credit cards, payments, etc of any kind.

His best bet is to find a local bank that cares about him who will look at all bureaus and possible avenues to get him financed. Or, he can get a copy of his own credit report. Hell, if he wants to he can contact me, Ill pull it, and tell him what his score/credit looks like without bsing him becuase im working on a loan commission. If you want to go that route just pm me.

If he really has a 0 score, even with history, its safe to say that he will be treated like everyone else with no score, they will tell him to get a co-signer etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9099126)
an addendum -

Lenders could give two shits about the person in any way, they live by the score given out by the 3 credit agencys. If he is a true zero then he likely has no recourse except to get some credit even if he is just making payments on the credit with the money he borrows.

I may take you up on that. We'll have to see what he thinks. He said he opened a credit card to try to establish some credit.

anabela 08-13-2021 12:44 AM

The best way is to generate some credit history is to avail some loan or credit card from a bank.

dlphg9 08-13-2021 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anabela (Post 15781872)
The best way is to generate some credit history is to avail some loan or credit card from a bank.

This has to be the weirdest bump in CP history.

A 10 post thread from almost a decade ago that was finished in 12 minutes. And it's about money advice not even anything exciting.

BryanBusby 08-13-2021 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anabela (Post 15781872)

Thanks. We were dying for this thrilling conclusion.

kccrow 08-13-2021 01:31 AM

We're dying to know how your employee made out with the mortgage now Buehler. :)

RaidersOftheCellar 08-13-2021 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9099126)
an addendum -

Recently I ran up some charges on a credit card that totalled about 400 (won’t go into why) and on the latest report my score dropped almost 30 points due to “high utilization.” Is this normal? I paid the entire balance just a few weeks after the charges. Really pisses me off.