ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Polarizing Players and Chiefs Fans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268128)

WhiteWhale 12-29-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9248069)
Why do you assume that is the reason? Why couldn't the reason be because running QB's are more prone to big hits/injury?

Because he's not a 'running QB'.

He's an athletic pocket passer. There's a difference.

CaliforniaChief 12-29-2012 09:53 AM

Like I said, when the new GM and new HC sit down for their 15 minute interview with Geno Smith, they'll be smitten. When they watch him zip passes all over the field on his pro day, they'll fall in love. And when the Commish calls his name and he puts on a Chiefs hat and holds up his new Chiefs jersey, there will be much fappage.

FlaChief58 12-29-2012 09:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9248081)
I worry sometimes that people are ignoring the 500 pound fat man in the room. Racism (or, more accurately, bigotry), sadly, is alive and well. I know this to be an inarguable factoid.

To whistle past that dark alley is almost as bad as the issue itself. You cannot tell me that there are people (and lots of them) who want to see a white quarterback under center for the Chiefs. Geno Smith scares the hell out of a lot of fans ... although they would never have the courage to admit it.

FAX

Idiots, the lot of them. Who gives a flying rats ass what color the QB is....The only color that matters when it comes to the NFL is silver

TEX 12-29-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9248089)
I respect your opinion Mr. Fax...but it is just that, an opinion. Based on your world experience etc. There is no real proof that your assertion is true. Just your gut feeling. I personally think that those who think as you say they do are not as large a majority as you seem to. But I guess that's just MY opinion.

Why is it acceptable to have a black star running back, a black star reciever, a black star linebacker (or 3), but suddenly this racist fan base would have a problem with a black qb?

This.

candyman 12-29-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9248089)

Why is it acceptable to have a black star running back, a black star reciever, a black star linebacker (or 3), but suddenly this racist fan base would have a problem with a black qb?

They just havent seen him play so assume because he's black he's a running QB who will get hit a lot and have injury problems. That assumption is based on statistics, not because they hate black people. The word racism is thrown around far too often. The same people who assume a black QB is a running QB would also assume a white RB is going to be a downhill bruiser and not a quick. That doesnt mean they hate white people either.

InChiefsHeaven 12-29-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9248103)
They just havent seen him play so assume because he's black he's a running QB who will get hit a lot and have injury problems. That assumption is based on statistics, not because they hate black people. The word racism is thrown around far too often. The same people who assume a black QB is a running QB would also assume a white RB is going to be a downhill bruiser and not a quick. That doesnt mean they hate white people either.

Agreed. So it's more about stereotypes than racism. I truly believe that.

Saulbadguy 12-29-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9248105)

Stereotypes based on race are by definition, racist. It doesn't matter if they are perceived as positive or negative.

candyman 12-29-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Exactly. Stereotyping doesnt always = racism. I dont know why people cant separate the two. Racism is hate, stereotyping is natural based on real world observations and whether they like to admit it or not everyone does it. Doesnt mean they hate.

Chiefshrink 12-29-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9248024)
People hear one "guru" on ESPN say Geno Smith is an average prospect or that there are no good QB's in this class and like lemmings they jump in the left tackle pond.

One of the things I'm more confident of than most is that by the end of the combine, pro day, and general evaluation period, that Geno Smith will stand out as the #1 guy with a very bright future in the NFL.

-Very strong arm.
-Great leadership skills.
-Great work ethic.
-Takes responsibility for the play of the whole team.
-High intelligence.
-Can run when the pocket collapses.
-Playmaker.
-Respected by his teammates.
-Perfect body size for NFL QB (6'3", 220 lbs.)
-3 year college starter. (Played in 43 games)
-Clean off-field record.
-Articulate and confident with the media as potential "face of the franchise."

Anything else these idiots want?

This :clap:

Hell last year Luck was the only sure fire No.1 QB until after the combine, private workouts etc.... then RG was right there with Luck and in some circles was rumored he might be the No.1 pick over Luck. Not to worry, just let the 'pimping begin' and our beloved Chiefs will have our very own Cam/RGIII combo QB(RG's intelligence/maturity and more of Cam's physical athleticism with a better arm than both RG/Cam).:thumb:

DeezNutz 12-29-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Stereotypes can be inherently racist. And the stereotype about black QBs was/is that they lack the intelligence to play the position. Thus, they must out-athlete everyone else on the field.

This is obviously nonsensical bullshit.

WhiteWhale 12-29-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9248114)
Exactly. Stereotyping doesnt always = racism. I dont know why people cant separate the two. Racism is hate, stereotyping is natural based on real world observations and whether they like to admit it everyone does it. Doesnt mean they hate.

Racism is the belief that one race is superior in some way to another. In reality there is no such thing as 'race'. It's all nonsense based on a few physical features. Buying stereotypes out of ignorance (of a QB's ability for example) is a perfect example of racism.

It doesn't require hate of any kind actually. That's bigotry.

It drives me crazy how people, especially the media, constantly misuse these words.

Easy 6 12-29-2012 10:07 AM

I get that its fun to speculate, but personally, i'm not going to get all tied in a knot about ANY of these guys.

We have no idea what 2013 will hold or what the new regime will see in any of these guys or want in their QB.

Have fun with it, but i dont get all of the gnashing of teeth... we'll get the guy "they" pick and hopefully we can get behind and support him.

FlaChief58 12-29-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9248116)
Stereotypes can be inherently racist. And the stereotype about black QBs was/is that they lack the intelligence to play the position. Thus, they must out-athlete everyone else on the field.

This is obviously nonsensical bullshit.

My guess is that when black QBs start winning SBs on a regular basis, all of this stupidity will stop. Until then there will always be those who's small minds wont allow them to look past a persons color

Reaper16 12-29-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9248113)
Stereotypes based on race are by definition, racist. It doesn't matter if they are perceived as positive or negative.

Yup.

The majority of racism I see has nothing to do with hate, or any such strong emotion. It has to do with little things, like lowered expectations.

Chiefshrink 12-29-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9248114)
Exactly. Stereotyping doesnt always = racism. I dont know why people cant separate the two. Racism is hate, stereotyping is natural based on real world observations and whether they like to admit it everyone does it. Doesnt mean they hate.

Right on the mark !!!:clap:

Racists "always" SEE COLOR FIRST regardless of the facts whether they be a black panther racist/Farrakhan-Nation of Islam racist or a white KKK racist. In their demented racist world 'skin color MUST always come first' in order to keep the hate and the fires of denial lit at all times !! Just like our Progressive dominated media:D

People who stereotype are just uneducated/inexperienced to the real world facts of life.