ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Marvel unviels their next four projects (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261513)

Bowser 01-14-2015 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11268456)
Hopefully this means they won't trust Banner after this and they shoot him off in to deep space...:D

But don't they need Doctor Strange, Reed Richards, and Black Bolt to help Stark out with that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 11269652)
I'd be OK with that. I'm guessing I'm in the minority here, but I think Scarlett Jo is highly overrated.

Scar Jo is, Black Widow is not. BW is a major Marvel character (or was). I'd be somewhat surprised to see her iced.

cabletech94 01-14-2015 07:48 PM

[QUOTE=Bowser;11269660]But don't they need Doctor Strange, Reed Richards, and Black Bolt to help Stark out with that?

and professor X, if i'm not mistaken.

Jamie 01-14-2015 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11269624)
I still think Black Widow may die in Ultron.

It wouldn't surprise me, if for no other reason than Scarlett Johansson is probably getting too expensive for Marvel's taste.

Plus it'd fit with my pet theory that
Spoiler!

SAUTO 01-14-2015 08:55 PM

My daughter wants to start watching these movies.

Where do we start? She got into it from Disney infinity 2.0 lol.

keg in kc 01-14-2015 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11269660)
Scar Jo is, Black Widow is not. BW is a major Marvel character (or was). I'd be somewhat surprised to see her iced.

I think the fact that she's currently the only female avenger is a point against it as well. But they are introducing scarlet witch, Evangeline Lilly is likely to become wasp later in the summer and captain marvel will be a major player eventually. Even so, I can only imagine the immediate faux-feminist outcry if the only woman in the group is killed.

keg in kc 01-14-2015 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 11269781)
It wouldn't surprise me, if for no other reason than Scarlett Johansson is probably getting too expensive for Marvel's taste.

Plus it'd fit with my pet theory that
Spoiler!

That would be really interesting, and fit the way he looks to be captured in this film, leading to his third solo picture. Seems far fetched but it's not like they haven't gone that way recently in the comics.

GloucesterChief 01-14-2015 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11269802)
My daughter wants to start watching these movies.

Where do we start? She got into it from Disney infinity 2.0 lol.

In any order: Iron Man, Captain America, Incredible Hulk, Thor, Iron Man 2

Then Avengers

Then in any order: Iron Man 3, Cap: Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor 2

Iron Man 3 may not be as entertaining for a kid since it deals with Tony's reaction to the events in Avengers pretty heavily. Winter Soldier is more of a action thriller then a standard superhero flick.

keg in kc 01-15-2015 02:44 PM

This probably kills my BW death theory, although it could be flashbacks: http://comicbook.com/2015/01/15/blac...ica-civil-war/

Swanman 01-16-2015 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11269660)
But don't they need Doctor Strange, Reed Richards, and Black Bolt to help Stark out with that?

I am not sure if Black Bolt was part of that, it's been a little while since I read those comics. Depending when they shot him into space, you could have Strange, Stark and Pym be the guys to do it, since all those characters may be in movies by that point.

ThaVirus 01-16-2015 10:57 AM

I believe Black Bolt was a part of the Illuminati or whatever super secret club they were all a part of..

ThaVirus 01-16-2015 10:58 AM

World War Hulk made it a point to stop on the moon and take care of Black Bolt when he made his way back to Earth.

NewChief 01-16-2015 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11271916)
I believe Black Bolt was a part of the Illuminati or whatever super secret club they were all a part of..

Edit: Nevermind...

Rausch 01-16-2015 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11271916)

He wasn't when they decided to ship off the Hulk but for the purpose of the movies they could easily substitute him for Namor (who disagreed and refused to have any part in it.)

Bowser 01-20-2015 05:06 PM

The Marvel Universe, as we have known it since 1961, is ending.

Yes, you read that right.

During a live "Secret Wars Kick-Off" press event at New York City's Midtown Comics, Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso and Senior Vice President of Publishing and Executive Editor Tom Brevoort confirmed that the eight-issue series Secret Wars will represent the end of both the Marvel Universe and the Ultimate Universe.

Saying that the mainstream Marvel Universe and Ultimate Universe would "smash together" during the upcoming Secret Wars crossover event, Alonso and Brevoort went on to elaborate that, by the time Secret Wars #1 hits the stands, every world in Marvel's multiverse will be destroyed, with pieces of each forming Battleworld, the staging ground for the Secret Wars storyline

"Once we hit Secret Wars #1, there is no Marvel Universe, Ultimate Universe, or any other. It's all Battleworld," Brevoort said.

Speculation regarding the end of the Ultimate Universe has been rampant, as fans have known for some time that, as of February, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man will be the sole remaining title in the Ultimate line. What has been less clear is the future of the mainstream Marvel Universe moving out of Secret Wars.

We now know that the Marvel Universe, post-Secret Wars, will be an all new world combining elements not just of the Ultimate Universe and the mainstream Marvel Universe, but possibly bits and pieces of other worlds as well.

"The Marvel Iniverse will be Battleworld, and every single piece of those worlds will be building blocks for the universe," said Alonso, adding that all the universes represented in "Battleworld" will have "legs" moving forward.

Driving home the point that anything will be possible, Alonso also teased the possibility of bring back old characters during Secret Wars. "If we wanted to resurrect Gwen Stacy," he said with a smile, "this would be the place to do it."

While Marvel already teased earlier this month that the company would launch The All-New, All-Different Avengers , after having confirmed Avengers and New Avengers would end in April, Alonso confirmed that Marvel would be launching a "wealth" of new series, both ongoing and minis, during Secret Wars.

The events of Secret Wars represent what Brevoort described as "the culmination of Jonathan Hickman's plans from when he first came onto Avengers and New Avengers."

Brevoort added that Marvel's Free Comic Book Day issue, Secret Wars #0 written by Hickman, will bring readers "up to speed" for the event before it begins in may with Secret Wars #1 and an oversized issue #2.

http://www.newsarama.com/23276-the-m...is-ending.html

Bowser 01-20-2015 05:46 PM

http://www.comicbookcrusaders.com/wp...-Revealed1.jpg