ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals sit tight. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274948)

tredadda 07-31-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9847229)
Looks like everyone's job has probably been saved for one more year. I don't think GMDM or Yost are going anywhere this off-season.

At this point, I think the Royals would have to be REALLY God-awful the last two months for that to change.

Never underestimate this team's ability to go on an epic losing streak.

Mr. Laz 07-31-2013 08:09 AM

need to do something at 2nd base

surely we can do something without selling the Season

has Hoch raised his stock enough to be worth something?

Prison Bitch 07-31-2013 08:09 AM

Sweet new thread.

tredadda 07-31-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9847272)

I think it has for someone looking for a middle reliever. If they are looking for a starter then no he hasn't.

mdchiefsfan 07-31-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9847256)
I wouldn't. Jim Johnson would clearly own all KC souls and we would have no chance.

LMAO Is there something I am missing here. Like a background to this Jim Johnson stuff? I saw this in the game threads too. My roommate and I have one for a Royals player actually.

Billy Butler, he hit Brad Bergesen with a liner up the middle a few years back. He was our best pitcher at the time and looked to have real potential. He was out the rest of the year after that. Bergesen came back, well the shell of Bergesen came back the following year. I haven't seen him since that fateful day that he was hit by a batted ball.

So to this day, we refer to him as God Damn-Billy Butler.

Ace Gunner 07-31-2013 08:19 AM

royal **** planet

duncan_idaho 07-31-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9847282)
LMAO Is there something I am missing here. Like a background to this Jim Johnson stuff? I saw this in the game threads too. My roommate and I have one for a Royals player actually.

Billy Butler, he hit Brad Bergesen with a liner up the middle a few years back. He was our best pitcher at the time and looked to have real potential. He was out the rest of the year after that. Bergesen came back, well the shell of Bergesen came back the following year. I haven't seen him since that fateful day that he was hit by a batted ball.

So to this day, we refer to him as God Damn-Billy Butler.

It stems from ChiefsandOs fan saying earlier this year that Johnson was an elite closer on par with Rivera, Kimbrel etc. and clearly better than Greg Holland.

Antagonism with O's fans goes back farther than that, though...

It's really started based on stuff that happened over the offseason, when Orioles fans were making stupid trade offers (on this board and especially on others) about Billy Butler and Wil Myers.

At one point, someone was trying to peddle Arrieta OR Matusz (not both, just one), Xavier Avery, Pedro Strop for Butler.

Old Dog 07-31-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9847282)
LMAO Is there something I am missing here.

Nutshell version:
Twitter Troll has essentially said that Johnson is like Gods gift to baseball after his 2012 season, and folks here like to laugh at him....it's easy picking on the slow kid.

Prison Bitch 07-31-2013 08:30 AM

Exactly as Duncan described. Os fans toss out the stupidest trade ideas on the planet and even the Cards fans remember when they did it with Pujols. "STL needs to get younger! And we have like 8 guys we can trade for just 1. They'd be dumb not to take our offer." Crap like that.

Then they were aghast Tampa got Wil for someone as crappy as James "200 IP & 200 K every year" Shields. Surely they could've give us 3-4 pitchers (who suck hairy ball sacks) to beat that deal?

BlackHelicopters 07-31-2013 08:31 AM

MOAR pictures Of Getzy's wife please.

Coach 07-31-2013 08:31 AM

There's only one thing left to do. Win the whole ****ing thing.

mdchiefsfan 07-31-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9847298)
It stems from ChiefsandOs fan saying earlier this year that Johnson was an elite closer on par with Rivera, Kimbrel etc. and clearly better than Greg Holland.

Antagonism with O's fans goes back farther than that, though...

It's really started based on stuff that happened over the offseason, when Orioles fans were making stupid trade offers (on this board and especially on others) about Billy Butler and Wil Myers.

At one point, someone was trying to peddle Arrieta OR Matusz (not both, just one), Xavier Avery, Pedro Strop for Butler.

:eek: I'll take it!!

tyton75 07-31-2013 08:37 AM

Not to rain on the parade, but we need to get a stick at 2nd base and maybe even a thumper rotational guy for Right field to even have a shot at making the playoffs. Our pitching staff can't stay on this hot streak for the rest of the season.

mdchiefsfan 07-31-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9847272)

We'll trade you Ryan Flaherty for Billy Butler straight up. Am I doing this right?

mr. tegu 07-31-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyton75 (Post 9847316)
Not to rain on the parade, but we need to get a stick at 2nd base and maybe even a thumper rotational guy for Right field to even have a shot at making the playoffs. Our pitching staff can't stay on this hot streak for the rest of the season.

We don't need to trade for RF right now. And are you referring to the hot streak the pitching staff has been on all season?