ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Peter Gammons: David Glass abused Baird (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=141754)

morphius 06-03-2006 06:22 PM

And they both abused the Royals fans.

Mecca 06-03-2006 06:23 PM

I didn't know the Royals still had fans......

milkman 06-03-2006 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
I didn't know the Royals still had fans......

Sure they do, but only enough to fit under an umbrella.

Mecca 06-03-2006 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman
Sure they do, but only enough to fit under an umbrella.

ROFL

I think they could just hold a newspaper over their heads at this point.

Mosbonian 06-03-2006 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCBOSS1
Having done a lot of work in Northwest Arkansas and having friends that have been Wal-Mart vendors, it's no wonder how He does business having been a Wal-Mart upper executive. I'm telling you, they are a beast.

Don't mean to hijack this thread...but how Wal-mart does business with it's vendors is not different than any of the other Top 10 retailers in the nation...

m:mad:dog

Moooo 06-03-2006 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmaddog
Don't mean to hijack this thread...but how Wal-mart does business with it's vendors is not different than any of the other Top 10 retailers in the nation...

True. Except for before Wal-Mart they didn't. Their actions are more of a retalliation to stay in business.

Moooo

Mosbonian 06-03-2006 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moooo
True. Except for before Wal-Mart they didn't. Their actions are more of a retalliation to stay in business.

Moooo

First part of the statement I would agree with....the second part of the statement I wouldn't. There is a certain other large retailer that makes Wal-Mart pale in comparison in how it treats it's vendors.

crossbow 06-03-2006 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
I heard one of the talking heads on ESPN radio today, say that Glass is the worst owner in Sports. I have been saying that for some time.

Bill Bidwell was realy bad for a long, long time. As crappy as Glass has been, he still has a ways to go before he can top Bidwell's lengthy track record.

Well, at least Bidwell tried. Glass just screwed everyone, the fans, other baseball owners, and the Royals' management team.

KCBOSS1 06-03-2006 10:33 PM

Quote:

I don't doubt that at all.....I'm just not as closely associated with them and can't speak directly. I used to be a huge Royals fan and would like to see someone care more about them than their being a write-off. But I might be wrong.

KCBOSS1 06-03-2006 10:35 PM

Afterall, I gave them (W-mart) some money today, so I can't complain too much, right?

Mr. Kotter 06-03-2006 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurch
Glass is an ass. A first class ass at that.

Yup. ROFL

Hammock Parties 06-03-2006 11:17 PM

Glass!

An Ass!

A Grade-A Ass!!

Matt!

A fatass that can't run!

Dye!

A bitch, who left the team!

Damon!

A jerk who needs a gun!

Zach!

A pitcher throwing wild!

Dave!

A prospect failing child!

Brett!

A legend who don't care!

Tony!

A manager so fair!

Reggie!

A veteran so spare!

K!

A stadium with hair!

Shit!

This poem's getting gay!

That will bring us back to GLASS!

KcMizzou 06-04-2006 03:09 AM

ROFL That's funny as hell GC.

HemiEd 06-04-2006 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow
Bill Bidwell was realy bad for a long, long time. As crappy as Glass has been, he still has a ways to go before he can top Bidwell's lengthy track record.

Well, at least Bidwell tried. Glass just screwed everyone, the fans, other baseball owners, and the Royals' management team.

Glass has been making a profit with this pathetic product, that is the bottom line to him.

jspchief 06-04-2006 06:19 AM

Quote:

That's not true.