ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bill Maas: Cassel = Grbac (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=218278)

The Bad Guy 11-17-2009 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 6269092)
Only a few of the greats have tempers on the field, because if one loses their cool that temper will lose the game.

Plus, Cassel is not Peyton Manning and hasn't earned that respect to yell and berate his teammates.

It's hilarious how some of you want a softer team.

milkman 11-17-2009 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 6269092)
Only a few of the greats have tempers on the field, because if one loses their cool that temper will lose the game.

Plus, Cassel is not Peyton Manning and hasn't earned that respect to yell and berate his teammates.

I'm on your side in the Cassel debate, but quite frankly, you are one clueless bastard.

King_Chief_Fan 11-17-2009 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 6268926)
Said it today on 610. Said that Cassel is not a "general" on the field; not a leader of men. Maas said while he's tall and has a strong arm (looks the part), he doesn't have the personality or mental makeup to be a leader or a great qb. His only hope is to be surrounded by talent and not get in the way of that talent. Grbac. :(

Not sure who should be offended by the comparison -- Grbac or Cassel.

We are stuck wtih Cassel for a while longer. Better get a better offensive plan and surrond him with lots of talent if this team is going to be effective. Cassel should have had a field day against the Raiders...and didn't.

Iowanian 11-17-2009 07:57 AM

I'm not Cassel's biggest fan so far and think his accuracy sucks. I also don't think he's got as much arm as Grlllbac.

One difference Mass overlooked, Grbac wouldn't play with a sore pinky, Cassel was back in a couple of weeks from an MCL. From the beating he's taken from the lack of Oline(Grbac had a solid Line) I'd say his attitude seems alright. I wish his accuracy, timing were better and he'd get rid of the ball faster.

patteeu 11-17-2009 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6268930)
Strong arm, lol

My impression is exactly the opposite. He has the potential for leadership but doesn't have the skills to back it up.

Same here.

It's not proof positive of leadership ability, but there's no way Elvis Grbac would have been working on Savage's psyche on the sideline after his fumble like Cassel was.

It's a shame Croyle is so brittle.

Ralphy Boy 11-17-2009 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 6268983)
I said this before Cassel isn't mentally/emotionally equipped for the job a franchise QB he gets rattled too easily and is a hot head. Most great QBs have a naturally calm personality, and Cassel has admitted he doesn't possess that trait.

Like Rivers or Favre? I'd take either one of those over El-I-have-no-pulse-Manning

Rooster 11-17-2009 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrockaholic4life (Post 6268943)
Are Maas and Whitlock friends?

No, lovers.

alnorth 11-17-2009 08:28 AM

I've always felt this "QB leadership" thing was vastly overrated. He's got a job to do, we just need him to be a very good quarterback and make good decisions out there.

If a team is playing around a good quarterback who can help them win games, I believe they will bust their ass to protect him even if he has all the personality and leadership skills of a limp dishrag. To me, this is no different then asking that the Fullback or the Center be a great leader. Why?

memyselfI 11-17-2009 08:35 AM

On Sunday, I saw a leader go over and give his teammate a pep talk after being vocally raped by the Mad Hatta. That is a leader. Perhaps he's not getting credit for leading because his role has been clean up for Haley's verbal diarrhea and not actually able to step up and be a positive force in the locker room or on the field.

milkman 11-17-2009 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 6269181)
I've always felt this "QB leadership" thing was vastly overrated. He's got a job to do, we just need him to be a very good quarterback and make good decisions out there.

If a team is playing around a good quarterback who can help them win games, I believe they will bust their ass to protect him even if he has all the personality and leadership skills of a limp dishrag. To me, this is no different then asking that the Fullback or the Center be a great leader. Why?

Leadership is a far more important trait for a QB than you believe.

Sure, when you have the parts in place to be a good team, then yeah, they are going to block, catch, do all the things that good teams to do to win games.

But when things aren't working, then the QB is the guy that evertyone looks to for leadership, the guy they rely on to find a way to overcome whatever difficulties they may be experiencing.

It's why guys like Montana, Elway, Bradshaw, Staubaugh etc...are HoFers and mutiple SB champions.

If the Ravens had a talented leader in this decade, they would have multiple SBs.

The Chiefs were almost lead to the SB by Montana, even though his skills were diminished by the time Carl traded for him, and in spite of Marty, because of his leadership.

milkman 11-17-2009 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 6269188)
On Sunday, I saw a leader go over and give his teammate a pep talk after being vocally raped by the Mad Hatta. That is a leader. Perhaps he's not getting credit for leading because his role has been clean up for Haley's verbal diarrhea and not actually able to step up and be a positive force in the locker room or on the field.

Please, just shut the **** up. you stupid bitch.

memyselfI 11-17-2009 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 6269191)
Please, just shut the **** up. you stupid bitch.

ROFLROFLROFL

Posts like this GUARANTEE that I won't. Thanks for the inspiration! :p:LOL::p:ROFL

milkman 11-17-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 6269197)
ROFLROFLROFL

Posts like this GUARANTEE that I won't. Thanks for the inspiration! :p:LOL::p:ROFL

I guess stupid bitches are easily inspired.

memyselfI 11-17-2009 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 6269202)
I guess stupid bitches are easily inspired.

I guess petty pansies are easily irritated.

keg in kc 11-17-2009 08:51 AM

I don't get that comparison at all.