ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Rank the Local Big XII College Football Teams. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=170582)

KcMizzou 09-21-2007 07:29 PM

Rank the Local Big XII College Football Teams.

They did this on 610 today, and I thought it was interesting. The Big XII North really seems to be a crap shoot at this point.

I'd put it this way...

1. Mizzou. (Sure, the D worries me a little bit, but that offense is top notch.)
2. Kansas (Where did these guys come from? I thought I wouldn't have to worry about them for at least this season)
3. Kansas State (The game against Auburn looked really good, until we found out Auburn sucks.. still not a bad showing on the road in a tough place)

Edit: The North in general is better than I expected this year, and some of the south teams seem to have slipped a bit. (OSU, aTm) Maybe the North can catch up a bit.

DeezNutz 09-21-2007 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
3. Kansas State (The win against Auburn looked really good, until we found out Auburn sucks.. still not a bad road win)

Yeah that would have been good...if they won.

kstater 09-21-2007 07:33 PM

Quote:

They did this on 610 today, and I thought it was interesting. The Big XII North really seems to be a crap shoot at this point.

I'd put it this way...

1. Mizzou. (Sure, the D worries me a little bit, but that offense is top notch.)
2. Kansas (Where did these guys come from? I thought I wouldn't have to worry about them for at least this season)
3. Kansas State (The win against Auburn looked really good, until we found out Auburn sucks)

Mizzou: Problems holding a lead might haunt them in Big 12 play.
KSU: Look good so far but beat themselves against Auburn.
KU: Schedule looks like KSU's from the 90's, anyone can look good against the teams they played.

BTW the Cats lost to Auburn

KcMizzou 09-21-2007 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz
Yeah that would have been good...if they won.

Jeezus. I know better than that.

Seemed like a moral victory at the time. :redface:

DeezNutz 09-21-2007 07:35 PM

Quote:

Jeezus. I know better than that.

No problem. Might be worth editing your initial post, so you don't get 100 such responses. :thumb:

KcMizzou 09-21-2007 07:35 PM

Quote:

No problem. Might be worth editing your initial post, so you don't get 100 such responses. :thumb:

I did. Thanks for takin' it easy on a MUron.

Bugeater 09-21-2007 07:36 PM

Quote:

The Big XII North really seems to be crap at this point.

Couldn't agree more.

KcMizzou 09-21-2007 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater
Couldn't agree more.

You're just cranky about that USC game.

htismaqe 09-21-2007 07:37 PM

I think Kansas will emerge as the best all-around team out of the three, with Mizzou a close 2nd. Mizzou's defense scares me, and not in a good way...

KcMizzou 09-21-2007 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
I think Kansas will emerge as the best all-around team out of the three, with Mizzou a close 2nd. Mizzou's defense scares me, and not in a good way...

Man, that would really **** up my whole fall.

KcMizzou 09-21-2007 07:41 PM

Iowa State beating Iowa totally caught me by surprise.

Another good win for the North.

Any game between two teams from the North is going to be hard to predict.

DeezNutz 09-21-2007 07:46 PM

What bothers me about Mizzou, more than their defense, is that they don't have even the semblance of a power running game. 1st and goal from the 1/2-yard line = shotgun? Not for me.

KcMizzou 09-21-2007 07:55 PM

Quote:

What bothers me about Mizzou, more than their defense, is that they don't have even the semblance of a power running game. 1st and goal from the 1/2-yard line = shotgun? Not for me.

Understood. Sometimes I wonder why they don't just throw a D-lineman or something in there as a fullback at the goal line.

They're great at scoring. They're not so great in goal line situations, or burning clock.

Skip Towne 09-21-2007 08:07 PM

Quote:

I did. Thanks for takin' it easy on a MUron.

:LOL: You are the easiest guy on the Planet to get along with.

DeezNutz 09-21-2007 08:28 PM

Quote:

Understood. Sometimes I wonder why they don't just throw a D-lineman or something in there as a fullback at the goal line.

They're great at scoring. They're not so great in goal line situations, or burning clock.

Yep. Sometimes you need to be able to out-tough the other guy.