ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Keith Rowen, we're going to talk to him about our OC job. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107807)

SECTION11 01-05-2005 12:42 PM

Keith Rowen, we're going to talk to him about our OC job.

Any thoughts on this guy?
Good, bad, ugly?

Help a brotha out here...

Hammock Parties 01-05-2005 12:42 PM

You can have Blaylock now.

How many picks is your ex going to throw this weekend?

SECTION11 01-05-2005 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoatCheese
How many picks is your ex going to throw this weekend?

She's probably not going to throw any, but you never know I guess.
That's why they play the games you know.

the Talking Can 01-05-2005 12:54 PM

who is he?

ChiTown 01-05-2005 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can
who is he?

Feh. Haven't you ever hear of the "Rowen and Martin" Comedy Hour. Geesh.........

Kris Kringle 01-05-2005 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SECTION11
Good, bad, ugly?

He's the TE coach. He's really good. It'd be bad if we lost him.

grandllama 01-05-2005 02:21 PM

wasn't he the lead singer of Dexy's Midnight Runners???

Kris Kringle 01-05-2005 02:57 PM

Quote:

Good, bad, ugly?

LINK?

SECTION11 01-05-2005 03:24 PM

Thanks fellas!
I'll report back to base with all the info!

:thumb:

AZChief 01-05-2005 03:31 PM

I thought I heard at lunch the Cards hired Rowan as their OC. I wonder if the Cards think it was the coaching and not the player. I could be a good TE coach if Gonzo was the the TE...

AZ

SECTION11 01-05-2005 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZChief
I thought I heard at lunch the Cards hired Rowan as their OC. I wonder if the Cards think it was the coaching and not the player. I could be a good TE coach if Gonzo was the the TE...

AZ

I'm not sure. One thing I am sure of is that Freddie Jones blows. I haven't seen a more uninspired player since Thomas Jones.
One fingernail on Freddie and he's down, and he can't block worth a shit.

SECTION11 01-05-2005 03:41 PM

You were right AZChief...
100 points for you.

Tempe, AZ – The Arizona Cardinals today announced that the team has hired KEITH ROWEN as offensive coordinator. In addition, tight ends coach MIKE WILSON will move to receivers coach and offensive consultant CARL HARGRAVE will coach tight ends.

A 30-year coaching veteran, Rowen recently completed his 21st season as an NFL assistant. He spent the last six campaigns as tight ends coach with Kansas City, during which time Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez earned six Pro Bowl selections and set numerous franchise records. The Chiefs offense ranked #1 in the NFL this past season.

Rowen, 52, is reunited with Cardinals head coach Dennis Green, for whom he served as offensive line coach with the Minnesota Vikings from 1994-96. During that time, Vikings guard Randall McDaniel started in three Pro Bowls and Rowen aided the development of future all-pro linemen Jeff Christie and Todd Steussie.

“From our time together in Minnesota, I know that Keith has a tremendous grasp of this offensive system and what we expect from it,” said Green. “We had some outstanding offensive seasons with the Vikings and Keith has also been involved with some incredible offenses since then, most recently in Kansas City under the legendary Dick Vermeil. I’m confident we can have similar success in Arizona with Keith as offensive coordinator.”

FloridaChief 01-05-2005 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZChief

AZ

A couple things to consider. Gonzo has admitted he had concentration and self-disipline problems in the past and has several times credited his coaches in helping him overcome this. Also, he only recently became a competant blocker.

When the Vermeil regime moved in, they retained only two position coaches on the Offensive staff: Rowan and Mike Solari. Rowan would make a fine addition to any NFL team, IMO...

tk13 01-05-2005 03:45 PM

Well good luck to Rowan, I kinda worry that we're going to lose Solari one of these days. I wonder what happens when DV retires after next year, Al can become the head coach and maybe we can make Solari the offensive coordinator.... Al will probably still want to call the plays, but apparently Solari already plays a big role in some of the planning we do in the running game, so give him a better job and more money. The job he's done making Waters possibly the best linemen in the league to go with helping with some of our later round steals like Black and Sampson is outstanding.

Kris Kringle 01-05-2005 04:01 PM

Quote:

You were right AZChief...
100 points for you.

Tempe, AZ – The Arizona Cardinals today announced that the team has hired KEITH ROWEN as offensive coordinator. In addition, tight ends coach MIKE WILSON will move to receivers coach and offensive consultant CARL HARGRAVE will coach tight ends.

A 30-year coaching veteran, Rowen recently completed his 21st season as an NFL assistant. He spent the last six campaigns as tight ends coach with Kansas City, during which time Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez earned six Pro Bowl selections and set numerous franchise records. The Chiefs offense ranked #1 in the NFL this past season.

Rowen, 52, is reunited with Cardinals head coach Dennis Green, for whom he served as offensive line coach with the Minnesota Vikings from 1994-96. During that time, Vikings guard Randall McDaniel started in three Pro Bowls and Rowen aided the development of future all-pro linemen Jeff Christie and Todd Steussie.

“From our time together in Minnesota, I know that Keith has a tremendous grasp of this offensive system and what we expect from it,” said Green. “We had some outstanding offensive seasons with the Vikings and Keith has also been involved with some incredible offenses since then, most recently in Kansas City under the legendary Dick Vermeil. I’m confident we can have similar success in Arizona with Keith as offensive coordinator.”

THERE GOES MY GRAVY TRAIN!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead: Keith was my ticket to Arrowhead events, Chiefs draft day party at Arrowhead, training camp, free game tickets, etc. Now what will I do??!!!

I wish him well in AZ. :thumb: :clap: