ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jason Whitlock Puts The Hammer Down (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264832)

qabbaan 10-08-2012 05:11 PM

We're any of you at the Broncos game in '03? The Dante Hall punt return game.

At the visitors sideline near the west end zone in that game, Shannon Sharpe was shaken up and I think the trainers came over to attend to him. If I remember correctly the PA announcer said "injured bronco is Shannon sharpe" and a cheer arose.

I don't think anyone hoped that he was seriously injured, but we damn sure hoped he was injured. We hated him. So the reason for the cheer was not "We hope you die", it was "Hooray, a player who has torn us up a million times got walloped."

That didn't become a national story. I doubt if this would have either ten years ago. It's football.

This is a tortured fan base that has been more devoted than most forever, and we deserve to at least be respected. Playing Cassel insults our intelligence.

Donger 10-08-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 8993149)
No it is not...Thats idiotic...Even in MMA, serious injuries are very rare...

In football they are much more common and NO ONE roots for injuries...People like to see a good fight, big hit...but NO ONE except reeruns roots for actual INJURIES

If I am judging what happened yesterday, even the few people who did cheer when Cassel went down weren't necessarily cheering that he was injured, but rather that his injury would bring in Quinn. In other words, they were cheering the result and not the thing that precipitated the result.

Is that not accurate?

Hammock Parties 10-08-2012 05:12 PM

Kent Babb put down his pen and Whitlock picked it up.

START PRINTING YOUR RESUME, FAT MAN. IT'S ALL OVER.

CoMoChief 10-08-2012 05:13 PM

http://www.gabeswebsite.com/images/r..._nicholson.gif

Ming the Merciless 10-08-2012 05:14 PM

For the record I don't think many people WERE actually cheering for the injury....Most were cheering for Quinn to come in...(I cheered for Quinn coming in!)

What I am saying is the TINY percent of people who actually cheered the injury are window licking shit stains.

BoneKrusher 10-08-2012 05:15 PM

As a previous poster said:
Give Em Hell Jason.
Cassel gets paid a good amount of money to wear the Chiefs uni and play QB,it's part of the job.
if he cant take the heat, he needs to get the **** out.

scho63 10-08-2012 05:15 PM

That's one awesome fucking article and God Bless JW!!!

He put a valid national voice on all the Chiefs fans frustrations after 40+ years....

DJ's left nut 10-08-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 8993146)
And yet you are still too ****ign stupid to see that neither of these things are INJURIES.

I don't have time to explain the difference to someone as reeruned as yourself so here:

You seem to have lost your central thesis, sweetheart.

What does this have to do with your idea that the premise is flawed? People don't root for injuries in the MMA either - they root for hard shots that end the match. They root for some display of athletic prowess whereby the guy they are rooting for is able to pin and disarm his opponent.

Sometimes someone gets injured - it happens. And just like people weren't cheering for Cassel's injury as much as they were its effect on the team, MMA fans don't root for some poor bastard having his arm broken in the ring as much as they root for their guy to grab him buy the wrist and torque it back until he decides to quit (ask Jon Jones all about it).

So I ask again - what's your point? The MMA and NFL comparisons are extremely apt.

Red Dawg 10-08-2012 05:16 PM

Way to go Jason! I have blasted Whitlock for many reasons but at least he is honest. We all wanted Matt out of there with a slight injury. No one wants him to be really hurt for life but whatever gets him off the field is OK with me.

Ming the Merciless 10-08-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8993168)
What does this have to do with your idea that the premise is flawed? People don't root for injuries in the MMA either....

So I ask again - what's your point?

My point is just that, PEOPLE don't root for injuries in EITHER sport (you agree).

Only shit stains and worthless garbage do.

Old Dog 10-08-2012 05:17 PM

DAMN! You hit that one out of the park J Whit.
Thank You

CoMoChief 10-08-2012 05:18 PM

Fans were cheering the benching of Matt Cassel, not the injury itself. I hope Cassel is ok, but he should have been benched during the Buffalo game. He's had far too many chances to play well and he's been the most inconsistent QB in the game. He plays like a rookie when he's an 8th yr veteran.

Winston can cry all he wants. He doesn't know the history in this town, he gets paid millions of dollars to play a ****ing game. He can go blow ass for all I care.

BryanBusby 10-08-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 8993172)
Only shit stains and worthless garbage do.

So your typical MMA fan?

CaliforniaChief 10-08-2012 05:18 PM

That was something of a manifesto for our "Save Our Chiefs" movement. Seriously, JWhit. Thank you for writing that. It was amazing, and resonated with all of my feelings about this debacle.

bevischief 10-08-2012 05:20 PM

Just had my wife read this and she agrees.