ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Are the Chiefs this years NFL Cardinals?. Wrote off as done and then...Champs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=155482)

BigRedChief 01-01-2007 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
I've been thinking about the similarities, but didn't want to mention them and fuck up the karma. :#

Hey, Wern't you complaining about my runining karma during our run this fall? That turned out pretty good huh?:harumph:

boogblaster 01-01-2007 08:56 AM

This is a football board..Frick baseball..GO CHIEFS...

|Zach| 01-01-2007 08:57 AM

OT but...

Are banks open today?

Braincase 01-01-2007 09:07 AM

Alot of wierd shite happens this time of year. Last year's 6 seed won the SuperBowl.

I think that certain folks bent on sentimental favorites will hope for a Chiefs/Saints SB matchup.

Lzen 01-01-2007 09:34 AM

Last year was the first time a #6 seed got to and won the SB. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. I'm just glad the Chiefs are in. But first things first. The Colts are not gonna be easy to beat at their place. All I know is that I'll be watching and rooting for my Chiefs to win as I always do. What are the odds that 2 years in a row a #6 seed wins it?

StcChief 01-01-2007 10:53 AM

Sounds good to me. Cinderella team

I heard the Chiefs backed in to the playoffs crap from RAMS fans last nite.

We won our game to get in, the others lost....

siberian khatru 01-01-2007 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StcChief
Sounds good to me. Cinderella team

I heard the Chiefs backed in to the playoffs crap from RAMS fans last nite.

We won our game to get in, the others lost....

You'll get either "Chiefs backed in" or "Chiefs didn't deserve." Both are BS.

Backing in is when you LOSE but still make the playoffs because somebody else lost. Didn't deserve? WHO ELSE in the AFC "deserved" it more? The Donks who couldn't beat SF at home in a must-win (or tie) game? The Bungles, who botched a PAT last week and missed a game-winning FG this week? Tennessee? They got hot to put themselves in position, then got spanked by NE. Jax? You know that score ..

Were the Chiefs lucky? Yes. A lot had to happen, and it did. I'll never apologize for luck, though. That's part of the game.

BigRedChief 01-01-2007 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru
You'll get either "Chiefs backed in" or "Chiefs didn't deserve." Both are BS.

Backing in is when you LOSE but still make the playoffs because somebody else lost. Didn't deserve? WHO ELSE in the AFC "deserved" it more? The Donks who couldn't beat SF at home in a must-win (or tie) game? The Bungles, who botched a PAT last week and missed a game-winning FG this week? Tennessee? They got hot to put themselves in position, then got spanked by NE. Jax? You know that score ..

Were the Chiefs lucky? Yes. A lot had to happen, and it did. I'll never apologize for luck, though. That's part of the game.

Correct, Each one of those teams blew games they should have won just like the Chiefs. No team was cheated out of a playoff spot. No one team "deserved" the last playoff spot.

Now, how about we do something with the oppertunity. It's been 12 friggin years. We got a great match up. If not now when?

WilliamTheIrish 01-01-2007 11:19 AM

No the season's are not similar. The Cards had lots of post season experience on their roster. Even playing in the WS two years prior.

We're in. I'll leave it at that.

BigRedChief 01-01-2007 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogblaster
This is a football board..Frick baseball..GO CHIEFS...

This isn't a baseball thread. Pull your head out.