ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher: Which picks fit? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=207283)

Tribal Warfare 05-06-2009 12:10 AM

Teicher: Which picks fit?

Teicher's take on the players who can or can't play in the new system and regime change

wasi 05-06-2009 12:18 AM

I don't agree with his assessment of Bowe and Dorsey. He is right about Hali, but Bowe and Dorsey are the least of this teams worries.

Jackson and Magee aren't replacements for Dorsey, it seems like they were drafted for an entirely different position.

kcxiv 05-06-2009 12:25 AM

Tiecher just gets worse and worse as the years go by.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-06-2009 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasi (Post 5743792)
I don't agree with his assessment of Bowe and Dorsey. He is right about Hali, but Bowe and Dorsey are the least of this teams worries.

Jackson and Magee aren't replacements for Dorsey, it seems like they were drafted for an entirely different position.

I think Hali as an OLB is just about the ****ing weirdest thing I've heard so far. The guy doesn't have the size or speed of a Neil Smith, so I'm a little confused here.

Bowe is all up to Bowe.

I think Teicher has a somewhat legitimate take on Dorsey based purely on scheme, but I'm not going to count Glen out in any way until he has proven me completely wrong.

When you put Gun, Herm, and Krumrie together; only a shit-sandwich can result. So I'm at least intrigued to see how this new defense is going to pan out. If nothing else, I'll give it a chance.
I think we've all come to agree that this is going to be an evaluation year as much as( hopefully )a competitive year, so throw everyone, everything, and every idea in to the fire and see what catches.

RustShack 05-06-2009 01:24 AM

Hali is interesting because coming out they said he could play DE, inside, or standing up. Dorsey I hope can be our DE, but I have a hard time believing that Pioli/Haley thinks he can if they spent the top two picks on DE's unless they think he can play NT which I just don't see. Bowe, I don't think we have to worry about him.

J Diddy 05-06-2009 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5743808)
I think Hali as an OLB is just about the ****ing weirdest thing I've heard so far. The guy doesn't have the size or speed of a Neil Smith, so I'm a little confused here.

Bowe is all up to Bowe.

I think Teicher has a somewhat legitimate take on Dorsey based purely on scheme, but I'm not going to count Glen out in any way until he has proven me completely wrong.

When you put Gun, Herm, and Krumrie together; only a shit-sandwich can result. So I'm at least intrigued to see how this new defense is going to pan out. If nothing else, I'll give it a chance.
I think we've all come to agree that this is going to be an evaluation year as much as( hopefully )a competitive year, so throw everyone, everything, and every idea in to the fire and see what catches.

All I got to say is in one year Dorsey's been more productive than sims.

J Diddy 05-06-2009 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 5743815)
Hali is interesting because coming out they said he could play DE, inside, or standing up. Dorsey I hope can be our DE, but I have a hard time believing that Pioli/Haley thinks he can if they spent the top two picks on DE's unless they think he can play NT which I just don't see. Bowe, I don't think we have to worry about him.

If Dorsey can't make the transition to DE then they need to trade them. I'd hate to see him wasted in the wrong scheme.

kcxiv 05-06-2009 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 5743815)

We still have to have depth at the DE. They cant play all game, they will be rotating like crazy. I dont think the McGee pick is becuase they want to replace Dorsey. Its depth. Its smart.

MoreLemonPledge 05-06-2009 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 5743833)
We still have to have depth at the DE. They cant play all game, they will be rotating like crazy. I dont think the McGee pick is becuase they want to replace Dorsey. Its depth. Its smart.

Thank you.

The Giants have had arguably the best 3-4 D-line for a few years now. Is that because they have 2 stud DEs, or because they have enough depth to rotate and keep their guys fresh? Just because one of the three won't start doesn't mean that they won't see the field a lot. They'll find strengths for the guys and play them in the proper situations (hopefully).

Dorsey at DE won't be as bad as everybody is making it out to be.

milkman 05-06-2009 07:33 AM

Tamba Hali at OLB si going to be about every bit as successful as his move to RDE was last year.

Chiefnj2 05-06-2009 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge (Post 5743839)
Thank you.

The Giants have had arguably the best 3-4 D-line for a few years now. Is that because they have 2 stud DEs, or because they have enough depth to rotate and keep their guys fresh? Just because one of the three won't start doesn't mean that they won't see the field a lot. They'll find strengths for the guys and play them in the proper situations (hopefully).

Dorsey at DE won't be as bad as everybody is making it out to be.

Giants play a 4-3.

Chiefnj2 05-06-2009 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 5743965)
Tamba Hali at OLB si going to be about every bit as successful as his move to RDE was last year.

Switch to a 4 man front on passing situations and put Hali at LDE on those plays.

FringeNC 05-06-2009 08:08 AM

So...Pioli and Haley aren't impressed with Bowe and Dorsey's worth ethic...or Tiecher is making it up, which seems unlikely.

Tribal Warfare 05-06-2009 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 5744025)
So...Pioli and Haley aren't impressed with Bowe and Dorsey's worth ethic...or Tiecher is making it up, which seems unlikely.

Teicher is making this shit up just like the Paul Hackett rumor last offseason.

milkman 05-06-2009 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 5744014)
Giants play a 4-3.

Stop clouding the issue with facts.